International Simulation Football League
(S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected (/showthread.php?tid=51461)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

(S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Baron1898 - 05-20-2024

(S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S47 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, May 26th, 2024 at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: Once again, the offseason has come to a close and the race for a title is underway. Make the argument for how a specific player or team has improved since their last outing and stands to shine in Season 48, whether they are bound for an Ultimus, the Pro Bowl, or just a fun time. There is only one condition – you cannot write about your own player, your own team, or anyone on your team! S49 new create rookies do not need to follow this rule.

Graphic option: Create a graphic making the case for why your chosen player or team is going to have an excellent season.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, PBE, and VHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit prompt ideas here!

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - yonggarius - 05-20-2024

Willeh Strong is really the talk of the town, with him being double - first overall pick and all. And after spending a Defensive rookie of the year caliber rookie season in the DSFL, Strong is now gearing up for another rookie season, this time in the big leagues. Sitting at 337 TPE, Strong, who recorded 9 sacks and 16 tackles for loss in the DSFL last season, has been called up to the Colorado Yeti as soon as he was signed to the team. There strong is currently listed as their fourth linebacker on the depth chart - Behind veterans RE#38, Donte Darius and fellow rookie Adolin Collins, but it is my belief that he would be playing as the third linebacker in the depth chart because of his draft position and the almost negligible TPE gap between him and Collins. Strong recorded 4 tackles, a tackle for loss, a sack and a pass defended in his ISFL debut against the Honolulu Hahalua, and I believe that it will be a prelude to what will likely be a stellar rookie campaign

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - sonicxdoom - 05-20-2024

Graphic option: Create a graphic making the case for why your chosen player or team is going to have an excellent season.

They're all dawgs!

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - tcookie - 05-20-2024

Let me know if I'm doing this wrong... claiming a VHL.com article as an affiliate PT.

VHL Affiliate Article

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - captainsb - 05-21-2024

PBE PT 47-4 Affiliate

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - NUCK - 05-21-2024

Affiliate

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Mossed26 - 05-21-2024

Well, writing this after the conclusion of week 1, I have to congratulate and talk about Sarasota LB Ignatious Cleetington. This man ruined my day and week 1 with one of the most impressive performances I've ever seen. In the week 1 season opener, Berlin had taken a 7-0 lead and had gotten the ball back, looking to build early momentum in first quarter. Cleetington ended this with the single most stat stuffing play a LB can make, as he got past our OL, stripping QB TurnDaBallOva and recovering it in the endzone for the first Sarasota TD of the game. The Sailfish grabbed momentum to take a 14-13 halftime lead and take control of the game down the stretch, with Berlin making to the red zone down 15 with 2 minutes left. A comeback was very unlikely but not impossible until Cleetington blindsided TurnDaBallOva again and recovering it for his second strip sack of the game. Cleetington finished with 8 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 FF and FR's and a touchdown. This was an all time performance and I wish Cleetington well for the rest of the season (just don't do this to Berlin again please).

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - AustinP0027 - 05-21-2024

When you look across the DSFL, with call ups, teams are changing and reloading constantly. It's tough for any one team to have consistency. While this is challenging to predict success year over year, it offers some pretty huge opportunities for teams to show improvement when they get a chance to keep a player for a second year and draft strong new contributors.

This year, you have to look at the draft and think that London has improved their overall positioning. Last season, they didn't make the playoffs, finishing just one spot shy. Their response was to draft the following:
- 162 TPE QB
- 160 TPE CB
- 121 TPE OL
- 111 TPE TE and DT
Plus 3 more WRs, another CB, and a Kicker

These new players were paired with a DSFL capped RB, TE, DT, DE, and LB. Along with a second returning LB, suddenly London has jumped right up into the top ranks of the DSFL right away. The team has strength across all positions, and an especially strong looking defense. With this draft, London has rebuilt very quickly, and positioned themselves to be able to fight for the top of the league all year. The only potential question mark is their QB. On the lower end of DSFL QBs, they will need to step up and keep gaining to keep London moving offensively, but with that defense, they should get plenty of opportunities to score.

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Dev0 - 05-21-2024

For this story my muse is Connor Craig Jr. Jr. of the Tijuana Luchadores, this player has been neck and neck with my player Devin Mace, since both players were created. Currently Connor Craig jr jr is 3 TPE ahead and I am looking forward to seeing our seasons ahead to see who has been built better. What better later round pick can a team in Tijuana that might has likely 1 last kick at the can to draft then a strong offensive linemen who should have been picked earlier. Tijuana had a very strong draft picking all players who could be impact players making a potential rebuild in the future likely very short. I believe that Connor Craig jr jr might be the steal of the draft, he is a very active user and a player that was as strong as half of the 1st round. Dewalt has built Connor with a mass Strength built, with the blocking scheme's likely too follow but 81 Strength on 153 TPE is massive and will allow him to serve many pancakes.

RE: (S48) PT #1 - No Bias Detected - Figgy - 05-21-2024

Well a new season is upon the ISFL and it should definitely be an interesting season. Many new faces are in the league and there should be some definite changes from last season. Now we could go with the obvious and state that Arizona always a strong team could repeat as the champs again, but that would be too easy. So lets go and look at the other end of the spectrum and state the Colorado Yeti's should be improved this season. Now in saying that after a 1-15 season, it would be hard to be worse, but after a week one loss by only 8 points I see a remarkable improvement in the Yeti's game. With an impressive game from QB Preston Beatz 33/52 for 332 yards and 3 TD's we can see they can sling the ball. Paired with the 3 headed receiving monster in Riggins, Rainns and Paris-Johnson it gives Beatz plenty of targets down field. On the defensive side of the ball the Yeti's will be leaning heavy on 1st OA pick Willeh Strong to shore up the defense.