International Simulation Football League
*S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=51464)

*S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - jadda123876 - 05-21-2024

DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - Jadda123876
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello and welcome to my first official power ranking sheet for the DSFL.

I will state that this is incredibly unofficial, and will be structured around presenting the ISFL with a list of the top five choices for each role in the DSFL, and why I would consider them for my group.

This is my first season being called up into the ISFL, so I would certainly say I don't know enough to make a list such as this for the ISFL.
However, as a DSFL GM, I hope I can offer at least a little bit of insight into these players for your benefit in fantasy, but also for the benefit of ISFL GMs keeping an eye out for potential picks.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WR -

There are several in the DSFL that I would consider for my WR picks, and you can bet that others have their eyes on them as well. It will be a scrap to try and grab the receivers who are expected to be good in this season, especially considering most teams are going to be skewing quite run heavy (cough with the exception of Tij I guess).

#1: Lawrence Crawford - SwankyPants31.  TIJ
Oh, right, I forgot to mention, it’s Crawford. Tijuana has a monster team going into this season, and Swanky just gets to sit back and get rockets thrown to him by Puddles. An easy choice here for first wide receiver out the gates, and likely a popular choice amongst fantasy groups.
#2: Warren Peace - Zaynsk.  NOR
This season in the DSFL is going to be a war between Tijuana and Norfolk, and I expect Zayn to play a big part in that endeavor.
#3: Big Tractor - Nectorist.  DAL
Nectorist has more TPE than both of Zayn and Crawford, but he does have the curse of being on Dallas with their new rookie QB, and that alone has the potential to raise or drastically lower his placement on this list.
#4: Benny the Jet - wildcatbandit.  MIN
Benny is an exceptional player likely to max earn and a member of the Minnesota offense that gets to be in the perfect position to follow Minnesota back from the dungeons of callups.
#5: Harvin Marrison - Chucky.  POR
While Portland is opening up the season with its own rookie QB, it is important to pay attention and note the progress Chucky is going to make rather quickly. A user that typically max earns, I think especially with the way the receiving core of Portland is set up, any passes are likely to go his direction more often than not.

RB -

In the DSFL, the running back role becomes a smash mix of teams running backfield by committee, others running their RBs in the WR slot, others still betting the entire horse and pony on their run game. This season will be a very volatile place for RBs to be, but there are some teams amongst those who are going to end up promoting great scores from those on the line.

#1: Gucci Gurley - MrGoat1246.  POR
The S47 vet for Portland, Gucci has gone from being a member of the committee backfield, to wide receiver by association in more than one situation, and regardless of the rookie QB problem in Portland, Gucci will be primed to handle things there for sure, and that’s why he falls as our number one.
#2: Brandon Johnson - roastfuego.  TIJ
BJ! Brandon Johnson had an incredible season in S48 and being left behind in call ups could be just the thing to shoot him straight to the top of the DSFL charts. With a QB ready to continue carving out runs using this RB pick, I think we’re going to see a stellar season for BJ.
#3: Stone Wall - bfry.  BBB
This was an incredibly difficult pick for me to choose at this place. The difference between Wall and the very next RB in the list team-wise, TPE-wise, and user-wise, is so small as to make this the most challenging choice to make. That being said, Bondi is about to have the season of all time, and I think Stone Wall speaks just enough Australian at this point to rise to the top.
#4: Nathan Claflin Jr. - Greenbaynathan.  NOR
Ahhh, and balance is restored. Truthfully, the comparisons between both bfry and GBN are miniscule, and enough to make these two picks interchangeable, especially taking into account how Norfolk's season is expected to go, and also paying close attention to Bondi.
#5: Zigzag Zipstep - Twenty6.  LON
Twenty is a great user with a monstrous amount of TPE still hanging out and ready to throw it around in London. The cap doesn’t seem to have stopped him from giving London a scary good season prior, and I think it’ll only continue going forward.

QB -

Okay, listen. The QB slot is weird this season. And I mean really weird. You have some new faces, some old, and for some reason, the strangest archetypes are shaking out to get the biggest accolades for the season, and I just find that to be quite comical. Let’s take a walk.

#1: Bugs - ImSatanJunior.  BBB
Over here we have the Scrambler QB display, with one of our oldest specimens, Bugs. Bugs is a wonderful sight for Bondi, and the Scrambler archetype is one that Bugs boasts proudly, and it seems to do well for him. No flash photography please, they get pretty jumpy. Onto our next exhibit, the Field General.
#2: Puddles O’Duck - Z-Whiz.  TIJ
Puddles is a monster on Tijuana, boasting a solid 504 TPE and just itching to get into the ISFL, we’re going to be seeing an incredible season from him here. Before Puddles O’Duck gets ready to fly north for the winter, I think he has one last good season in him, and I think Tijuana is going to use him to the best of their ability.
#3: Elijah Dyson - Pat.  NOR
In this exhibit here, we have the Mobile QBs and their enrichment chamber. Inside, you’ll notice they both get their own football to play with as they will fight if they are forced to share. That being said, Elijah and Norfolk are gearing up for a great season, so this is a very solid choice here.
#4: Greg Hirsch - Fordhammer.  MIN
Greg is a primo pocket passer for Minnesota and he is nicely situated within the team to make use of the new draft, but that also ends up being his curse as well. Going into the season with fourteen call ups is going to make it hard for Minnesota and Hirsch specifically to bring it back with that type of loss, but I think Greg will help immensely in making that much less painful.
#5: Russell Jimmies - soevil.  KCC
This one is especially competitive with the other QBs, so we do have him in some behavioral training to make sure he is well-integrated once he gets called up to the ISFL. Soevil and Kansas City may be lagging behind somewhat over this next season, but the TPE is coming, the mobile QB has reached the heights of its capabilities in the DSFL, and we’re all waiting with bated breath to see him do some phenomenal stuff.

TE:

#1: Bob Kronkowski - papalinator.  TIJ
Yup, it’s Kronk. Who could’ve guessed? Oh wow, first TE for the DSFL is Kronk? I’m shocked. Shocked. Well not that shocked. Kronk is going to be a very scary choice for your fantasy team going into this season, as I’m sure that Tijuana will be looking to find plenty of shots for him as well.
#2: Kurt Wagner - Argonisi.  POR
Going down the list, Argonisi falls into place as the next choice in this list as a nearing-cap vertical threat. With the WR core of Portland falling off in callups, the extra push of a vertical threat TE to apply targets to will make a big difference in the short game.
#3: D’Squarius Green Jr. - sonicxdoom.  NOR
On down further we find ourselves with sonic for a solid choice for TE, the vertical threat archetype is just built different like that, and it comes as no surprise to see both him and Argonisi making this list.
#4: imnegs - negs.  LON
It bears mentioning that negs is situated with 300 TPE going into the season, however, it is also important to note that he is a blocking TE, but nevertheless that still earns him the number four spot.
#5: Lakin Makin - MikeWhiskey.  LON
Solid user, solid player, solid archetype, this is a really good choice for the average drafter.

OL:

#1: Baymax - IceBear32.  LON
IceBear is IceBear (and also Honolulu GM) and while he may likely be gone by the end of this season, while he is here, you’ll have the best Mauler OL money can buy. Mauler is by far the best archetype for OL that exists in the ISFL, as it is the one archetype capable of running at least somewhat independently as a lineman. While other archetypes might be reliant on the rest of the line, a Mauler is always a good shot for a left tackle or a center, and in fantasy the same applies.
#2: Connor Craig Jr. Jr. - Dewalt27.  TIJ
Dewalt is similarly the Berlin ISFL GM, which will mean he goes pretty quickly too, and also will likely max earn for this player. Nevertheless, he comes in as a solid second to IceBear in the form of a Balanced Lineman archetype. This, while less spontaneously strong as the Mauler type, will consistently deliver in every situation, giving the team that has the Balanced Lineman a very good baseline on the offensive line.
#3: Devin Mace - Dev0.  KCC
Devin will do quite nicely for himself this season, or at least that is the plan with KCC, it’ll just depend on whether or not the rest of their offense is able to push the game enough to make this pick count. The stats may deliver, I just worry about the team as a whole.
#4: Klaus Reinhardt - Middy.  KCC
Another mauler type, Middy could bring KCC from despair this season alongside Devin, to solidify the offensive line and make things fruitful in KCC.
#5: smooth green girnch - hotdog.  POR
Hotdog is another of the S48 mainstays in Portland, coming in with just over 115 TPE and an Athletic Lineman archetype, he’ll do good work where he’s at.

K:

Hopefully we actually get to a full five solid picks for KP as there are only six currently available in the DSFL at all, leaving two teams with bots. That being said;

#1: Marshall von Hildebrand - nunccoepi.  KCC
You don’t necessarily want to be the first overall pick as a kicker if you’re hoping for your team to do well, and I think this just speaks to the testament of that exact point. While I’m certain he’ll have a solid season landing field goals and kicking huge punts, nunccoepi is also going to just be doing anything possible to try and keep the ball out of their end zone, unfortunately.
#2: FTBLLCMR4D RUS-KCKR-001 - 8bitd1ck.  POR
Confirmed by yours truly to be officially staying KP, Rus is going to be a stellar inclusion to the Portland locker room, and an important inclusion to your draft team. Boasting an already incredible 81 kick power, you can’t go wrong here.
#3: David Carson - Maniac1218.  LON
He has the most TPE of the players left in the list, which generally probably puts him at an advantage on the rest of this list, but only just.
#4: William Metzler - dylanjj37.  DAL
Of those left, dylan is likely to be the only one that will make any solid waves on his team and for good reason. Perhaps Dallas has a truly abysmal season and we see William getting far more opportunities for punts than we expected and things change, but that’s what I expect right now.
#5: Chad Broski - DD13.  POR
DD13 was the Portland Pythons Ultimini KP, and while that was an impulse choice to add him into the DC at the last second, it paid off in the end. Could be a good choice here.

Defense:

The defense of each team is difficult to predict based on just raw TPE alone, as, just like with DSFL fantasy, collective score coming out of each defense ends up mattering more to the average drafter than the individual CB/LB, etc.

#1: LON Defense.  LON
London is going to have the chance to see the game skewed very heavily in playing slow, and playing defensively. Most of this season, with their rather unfortunate 1100 TPE on the offensive side, will comprise of protecting their end zone from certain threat, but with a boastful 1600 TPE in defense, London will be able to put a stop to just about anything, whether or not they have the offense to change things.
#2: NOR Defense.  NOR
Norfolk are the ones that could be slated as the Ultimini hopefuls, and going forward I think plenty of people are going to be interested to buy into this team for their defensive pick.
#3: TIJ Defense.  TIJ
Tijuana is a monster of TPE on both sides of the field, and this defense will prove to be a solid pick for defense no matter what. What will be interesting to see is how often the defense gets the chance to shine with a stellar set of offense on the team.
#4: Kansas City Defense.  KCC
KCC will do quite nice for themselves in the season, and the defensive capabilities of the team will not be lost in this specific situation. When it comes to defense, KCC has some phenomenal players there, but will each of them make up the stats you need for a fantasy pick?
#5: Minnesota Defense.  MIN
Minnesota is going to have to rely on their defense, full stop.

And we're done! I'm looking forward to seeing how these rankings shift around and I may just update this towards the end of the season!

RE: S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - Dev0 - 05-21-2024

Not sure how, you can have the weapons, that KCC does offensive linemen you think will do well, and Jimmies being the 5th QB ranked when you don't have a RB in the top 5. I could see if you thought the KCC RB would be #1 that the passing and QB attack might be lower, or that the RB might be lower because the QB is taking away the stats, but looking at the players to me at least this Balance doesn't make sense.

RE: S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - jadda123876 - 05-21-2024

(05-21-2024, 09:36 AM)Dev0 Wrote: Not sure how, you can have the weapons, that KCC does offensive linemen you think will do well, and Jimmies being the 5th QB ranked when you don't have a RB in the top 5. I could see if you thought the KCC RB would be #1 that the passing and QB attack might be lower, or that the RB might be lower because the QB is taking away the stats, but looking at the players to me at least this Balance doesn't make sense.
"I will state that this is incredibly unofficial"

RE: S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - Dev0 - 05-21-2024

(05-21-2024, 09:43 AM)jadda123876 Wrote:
(05-21-2024, 09:36 AM)Dev0 Wrote: Not sure how, you can have the weapons, that KCC does offensive linemen you think will do well, and Jimmies being the 5th QB ranked when you don't have a RB in the top 5. I could see if you thought the KCC RB would be #1 that the passing and QB attack might be lower, or that the RB might be lower because the QB is taking away the stats, but looking at the players to me at least this Balance doesn't make sense.
"I will state that this is incredibly unofficial"

Oh I am not saying it isn't just discussing your findings

RE: S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - wetwilleh - 05-21-2024

Gurley in a 4 man backfield as RB1 is interesting

RE: S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - UptownCord - 05-21-2024

Where is Deacon Blues?

RE: S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - jadda123876 - 05-21-2024

(05-21-2024, 10:04 AM)UptownCord Wrote: Where is Deacon Blues?
I think my only reasoning for not including Deacon was TPE and then sonic is vert threat which puts him higher...

RE: S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - goodvsevil1275 - 05-21-2024

Zigzag Zipstep only being RB5 is criminal

RE: S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - g2019 - 05-21-2024

(05-21-2024, 10:04 AM)UptownCord Wrote: Where is Deacon Blues?
Who?!

RE: S49 DSFL Fantasy Power Rankings - g2019 - 05-21-2024

DSFL Fantasy media is a massive dub. Good stuff!