International Simulation Football League
Stepien Rule - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Stepien Rule (/showthread.php?tid=5155)

Pages: 1 2

Stepien Rule - sapp2013 - 10-11-2017

Quote:Teams are restricted from trading away future first round draft picks in consecutive years. This is known as the "Ted Stepien Rule." Stepien owned the Cavs from 1980-83, and made a series of bad trades (such as the 1982 trade mentioned above) that cost the Cavs several years' first round picks. As a result of Stepien's ineptitude, teams are now prevented from making trades which might leave them without a first round pick in consecutive future years.

I think we all know why we may need this, but for those who dont, it is to help protect against incompetent NSFL team owners (sorry, not sorry). Stormblessed was traded for the s3 and s4 first round picks (along with others) and wound up messing Las Vegas up for two years(and counting!) and is no longer on the Legion.

Stepien Rule - 37thchamber - 10-11-2017

Inb4 Varga rule becomes a thing

Stepien Rule - RavensFanFromOntario - 10-11-2017

You mean the player who literally got traded for around the same price after going inactive?

Stepien Rule - iamslm22 - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 11:48 PM)RavensFanFromOntario Wrote:You mean the player who literally got traded for around the same price after going inactive?

When you made the trade you had NO idea S4 would be a trash draft. We knew it was when we traded for him.

Also I've actually previously suggested this before, but got no attention to it, because I also suggested we fire shitty GMs.

Stepien Rule - TheMemeMaestro - 10-12-2017

(10-11-2017, 08:53 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:When you made the trade you had NO idea S4 would be a trash draft. We knew it was when we traded for him.

Also I've actually previously suggested this before, but got no attention to it, because I also suggested we fire shitty GMs.

Only problem is, we are investing our time into this. If we get fired for being a shitty GM, it's like, What's the point?

What qualifies as a shitty GM? Is it losing a certain amount of games? What if the sim screws you? What if your star QB is cheating? What if you are going through a rebuild?
Too many Questions.

Or maybe it's a HO vote? But then we are open to a Sam Hinkie-esque firing. The GM could have the support of the players, have a plan in place, but it looks like they are doing bad, so they get canned.

It sounds good, but there is no way that it would work.

Stepien Rule - 37thchamber - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 01:18 PM)TheMemeMaestro Wrote:The GM could have the support of the players, have a plan in place, but it looks like they are doing bad, so they get canned.
Good point.

In fact, I'd argue that losing the support of the players is the only reason (other than cheating) that a GM should ever be fired.

I mean, the only way having shitty GMs really hurts the league (imo) is by making things not fun for players because their team completely sucks ass etc. If players aren't enjoying themselves, they will leave.

So I'd say if a team's players want their GM gone, there might be a decent case for providing the means to remove him/her from the role. I don't know that I would support firing GMs by any other means, though.

Stepien Rule - TheMemeMaestro - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 05:47 AM)37thchamber Wrote:Good point.

In fact, I'd argue that losing the support of the players is the only reason (other than cheating) that a GM should ever be fired.

I mean, the only way having shitty GMs really hurts the league (imo) is by making things not fun for players because their team completely sucks ass etc. If players aren't enjoying themselves, they will leave.

So I'd say if a team's players want their GM gone, there might be a decent case for providing the means to remove him/her from the role. I don't know that I would support firing GMs by any other means, though.

Exactly. I know that I am viewed by most as a "Shitty GM," however, the players are optimistic and believe in what @Daybe and I are doing. We have their support, that's all that should matter.

Stepien Rule - Bzerkap - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 07:54 AM)TheMemeMaestro Wrote:Exactly. I know that I am viewed by most as a "Shitty GM," however, the players are optimistic and believe in what @Daybe and I are doing. We have their support, that's all that should matter.
Dude you're terrible :lol:

Stepien Rule - cosbornballboy - 10-12-2017

HOW THE FUCK DID ANOTHER STEPIEN RULE DISCUSSION TURN INTO "FIRING GM" DISCUSSION????

@sapp2013 and @iamslm22 HAVE GREAT POINTS ON THE STEPIEN RULE BUT ALL WE WANNA DISCUSS IS GM FIRING???

Stepien Rule - iamslm22 - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 10:56 AM)cosbornballboy Wrote:HOW THE FUCK DID ANOTHER STEPIEN RULE DISCUSSION TURN INTO "FIRING GM" DISCUSSION????

@sapp2013 and @iamslm22 HAVE GREAT POINTS ON THE STEPIEN RULE BUT ALL WE WANNA DISCUSS IS GM FIRING???

Hahahahah exactly. I think it should be discussed.