International Simulation Football League
(S48) PT #4 - Victory! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! (/showthread.php?tid=51618)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

(S48) PT #4 - Victory! - wizard_literal - 06-09-2024

(S48) PT #4 - Victory!

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S48 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, June 16th, 2024 at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: Your team just won! How do you celebrate? Explain how you want to spend the after game corralling your comrades in sim football arms to perpetuating further victory! Do you throw a pizza party? Pop a bottle of champagne? Or something else?

Graphic option: Graphic option show your player leading the team to victory! Or throwing an after party to celebrate the win. Or include your personal ritual for perpetuating your winning culture. Note that due to Discord image links breaking after 24-48 hours please do not use the platform as a image host for your Point Task.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, PBE, and VHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit prompt ideas here!

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - Rusfan - 06-09-2024

Winning is a rare thing for the S48 Honolulu Hahalua. This was not unexpected but even so in the midst of a lost season-at least in terms of playoff chances-when a team finds some semblance of success it’s important to celebrate it, and encourage more. Winning games is obviously the biggest and best success, but even in losses there are diamonds to be found. Against Berlin for example, both rookie safeties for Honolulu made signature plays on their way to the 3rd win of the season. Caleb TheGEICOCamel strip sacked and recovered the fumble of the opposing QB inside the 10 of Honolulu preventing a score in what was a 2-score game. Just a few minutes earlier in that same quarter Leonardo Da Pinchi picked off Tua Turndaballover also in Honolulu territory. Both turnovers possibly prevented scores in what was a game that hung on two unsuccessful scores by Berlin. In that game both individual players and the team were able to celebrate.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - yonggarius - 06-09-2024

One of the most notable additions to the Norfolk Seawolves this season was D'Squarius Green Jr. Of course, he's the second overall tight end with great expectations behind him (and recently got his first touchdown too), but we're not just talking about the on-field play here. DSGJ is a top- of- the- line meme artist, who specializes in creating gifs. To this day, DSGJ has created numerous gifs depicting Norfolk's dominance, trashing other teams (especially Dallas, where he has..... unfortunate past history) and in many other areas. So it is with the addition of DSGJ and his marvelous meme game that Norfolk cemented a new tradition in celebrating their victories this season- namely a meme party. The team will share new memes about the game with each other, with sometimes a DSGJ gif or two strewn around. In those memes and gifs we create hype around the team, share a hilarious moment in the sim (usually its absurd moments) or trash our unfortunate opponent. All in all, it's a great tradition to continue the post-win hype to the next day!

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - ForSucksFake - 06-10-2024

Every time the hawks win, the team celebrates with a LAN party, because it’s 2009. At the party we have various off-brand mascots like Rickey Rat, Gluey, and sometimes a hungover “not-Disney princess.” The typical gaming spread usually includes the ORIGINAL Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, and Team Fortress 2. I wonder what kind of cool games we will get in the 2010s!

Any good LAN party will include signature foods like Great Value nacho triangle chips, Cheezy puffs, and Mt. Shasta soda. The most popular snack at our parties is Dee’s Nuts (very real!). 

Now, if it’s a blowout win against Chicago, the party gets a little rowdier. The cheapest liquor on the planet flows into the glasses and stomachs of the Hawks. Should it get too out of hand, practice is cancelled, because Swoosh and Swanky are good people. I can assure you that if Baltimore wins the Ultimus this season, felonies will be issued.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - bechtudo - 06-10-2024

Victory! The word reverberates through the stadium, echoing off the walls and into our hearts. Our team, a symphony of sweat and determination, has triumphed.
And then it begins—the celebration. We’re a motley crew of warriors, united by our love for the game. Some of us sprint toward the locker room, eager to peel off our gear and revel in the sweet release of victory. Others, fueled by adrenaline, dance in circles, arms flung wide. I spot our quarterback, a hero with a cannon for an arm, leading a conga line. Yes, a conga line. Who knew?
As for me, I head straight for the cooler. It’s not champagne we’re popping, but ice-cold sodas. The satisfying hiss as I crack open a can is music to my ears. I distribute them to my teammates, who guzzle them down like they’ve just crossed a desert. We toast to our coach, to the fans, to the sheer joy of winning. And then someone suggests pizza.
Pizza! The universal language of celebration. We pile into cars, still in our grass-stained uniforms, and head to the nearest pizzeria. The scent of melted cheese and tomato sauce envelops us as we burst through the door. The owner, a stout man with flour-dusted hands, grins and waves us over. “Champions eat for free!” he declares, and suddenly we’re a pack of ravenous wolves.
We devour slice after slice, laughing, swapping stories, and reliving the game. The crust is crispy, the toppings a riot of flavors. Pineapple? Sure, why not. Anchovies? Bring 'em on. We’re invincible, our bellies full and our spirits soaring. The pizzeria becomes our victory banquet hall, and the owner joins in the revelry, clinking glasses with us.
Outside, the stars twinkle overhead, and I lean back in my chair, savoring the moment. This is how we celebrate—a mishmash of joy, camaraderie, and cheesy goodness. No fancy champagne, no red carpets. Just us, a rowdy bunch of misfits, united by a football and a dream. And as I wipe tomato sauce from my chin, I know that this victory, this night, will be etched in my memory forever.

Code:
300 words

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - NUCK - 06-10-2024

SHL

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - captainsb - 06-10-2024

Joey Battle is stoked the team has won. Joey likes to party hard and play hard so what he would do is to make sure everyone is able to participate but also it to minimize any impact to the next game. So the party must be on the night of the game after everyone showers. So what they do is they book a restaurant with barbecue grills for an outing for the team and staff. They would have it like a backyard grill where employees would cook and make sure there is a lot of meat and no alcohol outside the safer beer and wine. The group has karaoke and has a DJ that mixes a nice beat going between country, pop, hiphop and dance so the energy is vibing all night. The team makes sure to do a fun group dance and do some team unified cheers as this is really about celebrating the hard work but also acknowledging that the team can benefit from taking a step back from practice and bonding. The next day make sure the activities are set for later afternoon so everyone gets their good nights rest.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - Fangorn - 06-10-2024

When we snag that sweet victory, it's time for some serious celebration, Hammerfall style! After the game, I round up the team and we head straight to the best all you can eat seafood place in town. Nothing like a basashi, swordfish and lobster party to bring the boys together. We feast like kings, stacking plates high and reliving every big play of the game.

But it doesn't stop there. I pop a bottle of the finest champagne or saki – because every win deserves to be toasted with style. We raise our glasses, not just to the victory we just achieved, but to the ones still ahead. I remind the team that this is just the beginning, that we've got the momentum now and we’re going to ride it all the way to the top.

And to keep the spirit high, I challenge a few of the guys to a friendly wrestle in my home dojo once we are well lubricated. It's all about keeping that bond strong because when we’re united off the field, we’re unstoppable on it. Here's to perpetuating further victories – cheers to the Otters, baby!

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - OrbitingDeath - 06-10-2024

WE DID IT, WE JUST BEAT THE COLORADO YETI WITH A GRAND TOTAL OF 52-20. AND I WAS REALLY GREAT MYSELF WITH 8 TACKLES, 2 TACKLES FOR LOSS AND A SACK TO TOP IT OFF. SO THIS MEANS THE BERLIN FIRE SALAMANDERS ARE OFF TO PARTY. AS YOU MIGHT EXPECT WITH US BEING FROM BERLIN, WE WILL BE PARTYING WITH OUR GOOD FRIEND THE TECHNOVIKING IN THE BERLIN UNDERGROUND RAVE SCENE. IT MIGHT SOUND HIP AND TRENDY AND SUCH, BUT THE GUY MUST BE ATLEAST 60 NOW, SO ITS NOT AS RAVING AS IT USED TO BE. MOST OF THE TEAM ARE JUST DRUNKS SITTING AT THE BAR ANYWAY, BUT IF THAT IS HOW THEY WANT TO CELEBRATE, THEY CAN DO IT. THIS GREAT VICTORY IS THE BEST GAME WE EVER PLAYED AND THAT DEFINITLY INCLUDES OUR FOUR LOST FINALS AS THESE WERENT SO GOOD. BARTENDER, HIT ME UP WITH ANOTHER DIRTY SHIRLEY, DONUT WANTS TO PARTYYYYYY!

WORDS: 157

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - jacobcarson877 - 06-10-2024

Yippee! That’s what we do it all for isn’t it? When we win our games we are all business in the arena, and we try to set a good example for our fans as well. We are polite, gracious and respectful to our opponents and we always provide a gift from our organization to theirs.

Then once we leave we go to our video room or the bus and we have a 15 minute breakdown of what did and didn’t work for us. Then usually we get a knock asking for a representative for the media. It’s usually pretty obvious who it should be after games.

Then coach leaves, and we go bananas! No alcohol for us, since we need our bodies in top shape for more winning, but we get sausages, chicken wings, ribs, some form of local barbecue, burgers and ham and we have a big ol’ protein munch. Followed by lots of water of course! And a round of Jackbox or Super Smash Bros.