International Simulation Football League
*Kicker to Fullback - S49 Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Kicker to Fullback - S49 Draft (/showthread.php?tid=51733)

*Kicker to Fullback - S49 Draft - AJW - 06-21-2024

(S49) Auto Matic is the starting Kicker for the Tijuana Luchadores in the DSFL this season. Through consistency in being the Kicker God he is, Matic is preparing to make his appearance in the upcoming S49 ISFL draft. It has been a fun season so far and most of that is due to the success that the Luchadores have found, Matic has been able to kick chip shots all season! I wasn't sure how active I was going to be here when first creating which is why I chose kicker, but I think I'm ready to take on a different position to start my player's ISFL career. Kicker to Fullback, what a story this will be.

A Rookie's guide taught me lots about what switching to the different positions would be like. For reference, I see myself as a mid earner. I told my TIJ GMs that I am open to any position on the offence, I played WR once before, but wanted to see my options. OL and FB were suggested, and the description of Fullback sounds cool:

"Special note on Fullbacks: One of these archetypes is not like the others. Fullbacks are technically listed as a running back as far as the sim is concerned, but they truly are a unique beast. They fill in an incredibly versatile role, able to function as a traditional fullback, a big running back, or a tight end, and they do all of them surprisingly well. It's worth noting that the teams that employ an actual fullback tend to run much more efficiently than teams who stick a low TPE running back or tight end into the fullback slot. There's also very little competition for awards, so an active fullback has an easy path to All Pro nominations galore just by being moderately active. The one major drawback to playing fullback is that you simply won't have much in the way of counting stats, so while your awards shelf might be full your stat sheet might not be. If you're willing to sacrifice some personal glory for the greater good of your team, fullbacks have an easy path to relevance very quickly at mid and max earning levels." - @TubaDeus

Bolded above are some points that stuck out to me. While Fullback is technically a Running back position according to sim, they are basically a multi threat position. Teams that choose to employ an actual fullback run more efficiently, and if I'm moderately active which I feel like I have been, the results could be good! I love looking at stats from sim leagues, VHL and SBA are really fun and easy to track... suffering less stats for team success? I'm okay to try that out.

I read that Kicker to Fullback is a T2 Switch if I'm not mistaken, which totals to $4 million in the store. I can definitely do that with short medias like this as well as graphics, and I am very excited to see which team wants to take the risk on me! I also noticed that there don't seem to be many FBs in this draft class, so maybe that will be an even bigger bonus for me. Until then LET'S GO LUCH!  TIJ

RE: Kicker to Fullback - S49 Draft - DREAMSLOTH - 06-21-2024

More fullbacks is always a good thing. We don't get many that aren't IA, so I can see how even a mid-earning FB could still be a huge win for teams. I say go for it if it makes sense for you.

RE: Kicker to Fullback - S49 Draft - TubaDeus - 06-21-2024

Wait, someone actually read my media? This must be what WinRAR feels like when someone actually buys their product!

RE: Kicker to Fullback - S49 Draft - AJW - 06-21-2024

(06-21-2024, 03:30 PM)TubaDeus Wrote: Wait, someone actually read my media? This must be what WinRAR feels like when someone actually buys their product!

Haha yup! Was a great read, @CROney3 set me up!

RE: Kicker to Fullback - S49 Draft - AJW - 06-21-2024

(06-21-2024, 02:42 PM)DREAMSLOTH Wrote: More fullbacks is always a good thing. We don't get many that aren't IA, so I can see how even a mid-earning FB could still be a huge win for teams. I say go for it if it makes sense for you.

Good to hear! I think this is a good choice for my earning habits

RE: Kicker to Fullback - S49 Draft - slate - 06-22-2024

Fullback is a lot of fun IMO and is much more interesting than kicker in terms of building your player. There's a bit of competition at the position but most of the ones in the league are not particularly active right now. Best of luck and feel free to reach out to me if you're looking for any advice from someone who just got finished with a 13-season career at fullback (we don't talk about the Power Back years).

RE: Kicker to Fullback - S49 Draft - AJW - 06-23-2024

(06-22-2024, 01:20 PM)slate Wrote: Fullback is a lot of fun IMO and is much more interesting than kicker in terms of building your player. There's a bit of competition at the position but most of the ones in the league are not particularly active right now. Best of luck and feel free to reach out to me if you're looking for any advice from someone who just got finished with a 13-season career at fullback (we don't talk about the Power Back years).

Good to hear! I’ll for sure reach out for some build advice when I make the position switch, thank you Smile