International Simulation Football League
*S49 ISFL Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S49 ISFL Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=51744)

*S49 ISFL Mock Draft - wetwilleh - 06-23-2024

It took me a while to get started but I'm finally doing the S49 ISFL Mock with the ISFL regular season finally finished. The top 8 spots are already locked in with only the playoff spots remaining so while the remaining 6 spots might not be completely accurate depending on how the playoffs go, I'm going to set them how I think teams will finish. I'm only going to be doing the first 2 rounds of this draft to save me some sanity.

*Note to rookies, I'm basing this solely off team's positional need and TPE instead of just scouting conversations or user*

Round 1:
1OA - COL - Tua Domine - LB - KCC - @Yeenoghu

With COL having a winless season at 0-16 they are locked in at the first overall pick yet again. After an almost record breaking season with one of the worst defenses in the league, COL needs to bulk up their defense. While COL has a full CB core, LB/DT/DE are a void that needs to be filled with mostly rookies and retiring players. With that being said I think COL looks at LB to pair with rookies Willeh Strong and Adolin Collins and with this take KCC LB Tua Domine. Mag is a great user and the top earning LB of the class. With defensive struggles a user like Mag is exactly what the Yeti are looking for in this draft, putting a solid LB core in the process that will dominate in 2-3 seasons.

2OA - NYS - Alexander Rockstone - CB - DAL - @AustinP0027

At the 2nd overall pick, I think the Silverbacks look to get their CB of the future in Alexander Rockstone. The highest TPE CB and 2nd overall highest TPE in the class, user AustinP has immersed himself into sim testing which will be a bonus to the NYS WR but Rockstone is a definite need in terms of position as well. NYS Star CB The Riddler is aging at S41 so getting another young CB to replace them and pair with Widdle Warrick will be great for the Silverbacks. I really like this pick although NYS could look at LB or DT as well.

3OA - AUS - Billdozer Dauterive - LB - NOR - @Kyamprac

With Austin's young WR core still developing, I can see AUS leaning on the defensive side this draft. I think they go with known user Kya as a rookie to take over for Tank McGibbons. It's also fitting that Billdozer gets to play next do fellow LB Bull Dozier. Dauterive has had a solid season on NOR and is still a max earning LB that AUS may look for as the future of the their LB core. 

4OA - BER - WW Jatt - DT - NOR - @Lumosityfan

With Berlin having a young and well oiled offense, I think they also look defense in this draft. With a set LB and CB core, I think they look DT as there are no draftable DE's this draft. With that I think they take known user Lumosity, WW Jatt, who has had a stellar season playing for NOR in the DSFL. Jatt is the highest TPE DT in the class and can add some more firepower next to Princess Donut on the front lines of the Fire Salamander defense.

5OA - HON - D'Squarius Green Jr. - TE - NOR - @sonicxdoom

We all know HON drafts all the yappers and the biggest of the S49 class is user sonicxdoom. D'Squarius Green Jr. is the highest earner in the class and the top TE prospect. While HON already has Tyler Higbee II as their star TE, I still think this pick makes sense to add to their offensive power. There really isn't a lot more HON needs in terms of position aside from OL and WR which the TE spot theoretically covers both. Sonic would fit well with the HON atmosphere and I see nothing wrong with a little TE competition between Higbee and Green Jr.

6OA - SAR - Devin Mace - OL - KCC - @Dev0

Switching it up a bit, I think SAR takes the first OL off the board. Mace is the top rookie OL in the class behind GM Dewalt and is an active, max earning user. While SAR doesn't really have any holes to fill aside from maybe WR, I can see them giving Miller or future QB Bugs some more protection and as an added bonus, SAR can get some BBQ pics sent in their LR. This sounds like a win for everyone. 

7OA - CHI (from OCO) - Kim Yeon-Seok - CB - LON - @Crunk

The Butchers are stacked on future WRs but their defense is aging so I think they take Yeon-Seok as a future CB. With Oles still in the DSFL, I think Crunk would be a perfect match as he is a known user and sim legend in the league. Yeon-Seok had a great rookie season and is looking for an Ultimini currently including a 2 pick-six game before the re-sim occurred. CB or LB makes the most sense to me in this spot but the 2nd highest TPE CB makes the most sense to me in this spot, especially with Crunk falling to 7th, CHI would be pleased.

8OA - YKW - Joe Blaze - LB - MIN - @jlyles7

All of YKW is getting pretty old so a young rookie is where they go in my eyes. With this I think rookie LB Joe Blaze is a strong bet for the Wraiths. WR/LB/CB/DT are all spots that need to be looked at for YKW and Blaze is the 2nd highest TPE LB in the class. User Jlyles is a great LR user and can beef up YKW who keep just being out of reach of the playoffs.

9OA - AZ (from BAL) - William Eaton - S - NOR - @Amidships

With the 9th overall pick, Arizona has the pick from an earlier trade with BAL. AZ is already pretty stacked in terms of position but both safeties are old at S40 and S41 respectively so I think they go for the top safety in the draft at William Eaton. User amidships is a known user and max earner and can help bulk up the Outlaws defense even more than they already are. 

10OA - SJS - Frosty Steele - LB - NOR - @jsteele14

Similar to AZ, SJS doesn't have too many holes to fill but their dominating LB core has Cruella de Ville close to retirement so I think they look at filling that gap here. This pick could easily be a CB or WR but I like them taking Frosty here to look at the future. SJS has a history of building great LBs so user Jsteele has a good look for a great career here. Steele is the 3rd highest earning TPE LB in the class and has had a great career in the DSFL so far so I look forward to seeing how this pick pans out.

11OA - AZ - Harvin Marrison - WR - POR - @Chucky

I see AZ appearing again at the 11th overall pick and they would be shocked to see Harvin Marrison still on the board. Marrison is the highest earning WR in the class and has balled out on the Pythons. With Turnbull close to retirement, I see AZ looking for their future WR1 once Aguilera and Bamford age out and Chucky fits this bill for the Outlaws since they weren't able to get Crunk (in this mock anyways). I can see Marrison having a stellar career on the Outlaws, especially when O'Duck takes over as QB.

12OA - CHI - Slam Dunkinson - LB - BBB - @bfan8475

CHI appears again at the 12th overall pick and as previously mentioned, I think they go LB here. Dunkinson is the 4th highest earning LB in the group and has had a great rookie season on BBB. With not too many holes to fill, Dunkinson can be a good follow up to the trio of James/Smiley/Battle paired with Jack Destroyeron the Butchers who are soon to be the Osaka Kaiju.

13OA - COL (from CTC) - Julian McMorris II - RB - BBB - @TubbyTim69

With COL acquiring the 13th overall pick from CTC, I see them taking returning user TubbyTim, Julian McMorris II at RB. The Yeti love Tim and would love to have him back to help out their offense. While defense is still a big need for the Yeti, I think this is a pick and user that they can't pass up if still available. McMorris is the 2nd highest RB in the class and Tim is a known max earner that can give COL a young and deadly backfield of McMorris/Guile/McQueen in the future to have a dangerous running combination of speed backs and receiving backs.

14OA - NOLA - Liggy Jiggy - CB - TIJ - @Raccoon177

I see NOLA winning the Ultimus this season and therefore getting the 14th overall pick in the S49 ISFL draft. I see CB as a pressure point for NOLA as Azazel and Program are both aging into regression so I think they take Liggy Jiggy who has had a great season with TIJ in the DSFL. DT or OL is another area NOLA could look at but aging CBs are something that need to get addressed earlier so I see Jiggy as the pick here.

Round 2:
15OA - COL - Secret Squirrel - WR - LON - @iStegosauruz (GM)

With the 1st pick of the 2nd round, the Colorado Yeti have to use their GM pick to take Steg. Another WR to help COL's offense is great for the Yeti and iSteg is obviously a max earner being the 2nd highest TPE WR in this class. Currently COL only has Riggins, a rookie, and RAINN, a S39 WR close to retirement so another receiving threat paired with a rookie QB should help the Yeti for their future. Stinky.

16OA - NYS - Duke Silverback - RB - MIN - @wizard_literal (GM)

At the 16th overall pick, NYS will take GM wizard_literal, Duke Silverback. Silverback is an RB on MIN that has had a great rookie season and it seems the Silverbacks are getting an RB pairing with Dominic Reynolds for when Frank Dux ages out. Stinky.

17OA - AUS - Benny The Jet - WR - MIN - @wildcatbandit

In the first non-GM pick of the 2nd round, I have AUS taking Benny The Jet at the 17th overall pick. The Jet is the 3rd highest earning WR in this class and will add more youth next to King Brook and Ial with Bickerman retiring. I think DT could also get picked here but the upside of wildcatbandit and keeping the Copperheads receiving core young is too good to pass up.

18OA - BER - Connor Craig Jr. Jr. - OL - TIJ - @Dewalt27 (GM)

At the 18th overall pick, adding to the streak of GMs, BER will take TIJ OL Connor Craig Jr. Jr., user Dewalt to try and give Tuna TurnDaBallOva some more protection so he can TurnDaBallOva a bit less in upcoming seasons. With a young team, BER doesn't have too many extra needs so an OL pick for the GM works well. Stinky

19OA - HON - - Baymax - OL - LON - @IceBear32 (GM)

Another GM pick. Similar to BER, HON doesn't have too many more needs so they look for some trench support in Baymax, aka Icebear. Happy bday btw. An OL will help with their run game as well as giving McRobinson/Hirsch some more protection in the future. Stinky.

20OA - SAR - Ajax Sakarias - WR - LON - @elixir

Similar to AUS, I can see SAR going WR in their 2nd round pick with Ajax Sakarias, user elixir. Sakarias has had a good rookie season on LON with fellow WR Secret Squirrel and can fill in next to Mercury and Roy. With not many more gaps to fill, I think working on a young offense will do well for SAR who had a disappointing ending to their season.

21OA - CTC (from OCO) - Serhii Strynadka - S - KCC - @REAL rory

CTC makes their first appearance this draft with the 21st overall pick where I think they take safety Strynadka out of KCC. This pick can replace Smokin Jay when they get to retirement and gives CTC a look to their future of their dominant defense. LB could be addressed as well but I see a well earning S better for this pick at this point in the draft.

22OA - YKW - Tony Chazz - DAL - DT - @Benson

Mentioned previously, I think YKW takes a DT at the 22nd overall pick in the draft with Tony Chazz. Chazz is the 3rd highest earning DT in the class and has done well on an underwhelming DAL defense this season. With Mo Gago getting deep into regression and their only being one DE on the roster, I think a DT at this pick will work well for the wraiths.

23OA - COL (from BAL) - Katya Zamolodchikova - QB - POR - @fnordypsyduck

At the 23rd overall pick in the draft, COL finally addresses their QB need with Beatz retiring. Both of the top earning QBs have their benefits but COL takes user fnordy, Katya Zamolodchikova, as their QB of the future who should have an interesting rookie debut fresh out of the DSFL. Katya had a decent season with the Pythons and looks to help turn COL around with a young arm.

24OA - SJS - Marshall von Hildebrand - KP - KCC - @nunccoepi

I know I mentioned SJS going CB or WR but Booter McGavin is S38 and well into regression so I could see the Sabercats taking rookie kicker Marshall von Hildebrand who is the highest earning kicker in the class and the 1st kicker off the board. Following in McGavin's footsteps will be a hard road but on SJS, anything can happen and Hildebrand is set for a good career.

25OA - AZ - Sweet Sweet Ganjasmoke - RB - DAL - @BOOM™

At the 25th overall pick, I see AZ taking the highest RB on the board in Sweet Sweet Ganjasmoke. Ganjasmoke had a good season on DAL and could be a potential follow up to BMP who is S43. I could just as easily see an LB or CB here but I don't see AZ passing up on a high earning offensive player that can add to their offense later on.

26OA - CHI - Hot Dam - DT - LON - @Painted (GM)

The penultimate GM pick goes to Chicago (aka Osaka) at the 26th overall pick where they take DT Hot Dam, user and GM Painted. With many of their DTs and DEs aging, the Butchers can use Dam next to Carrasco for the future front lines and help get their defense a bit younger. Stinky

27OA - CTC - Lucas Graves - CB - LON - @Bwestfield

At the 27th overall pick, I see CTC taking a CB as all 4 of their current CBs range from S39 - S42. With this I think they take Lucas Graves, user bwestfield, who can come up in a few seasons right where the CTC defense left off. Bwest is a solid user and can add to an already dominant defense later on.

28OA - OCO (from NOLA) - Deacon Blues - TE - POR - @UptownCord (GM)

The final stinky GM pick comes from OCO at the last pick of the 2nd round. OCO finally gets a draft pick this draft but unfortunately it's used to take a GM, and one of the stinkiest at that. Losing Bread Bowl gave OCO and opening at TE and UptownCord/Deacon Blues plans to use that as a blocking TE to help give some more protection up front. Stinky.

RE: S49 ISFL Mock Draft - Dev0 - 06-23-2024

Dexter getting that smoke

RE: S49 ISFL Mock Draft - jlyles7 - 06-23-2024

Nice mock Willeh!

RE: S49 ISFL Mock Draft - jsteele14 - 06-24-2024

I can't complain for my position! Just happy to be on these mocks. Excited for the real thing!