International Simulation Football League
*S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition (/showthread.php?tid=51751)

*S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - Amkamkamk - 06-22-2024

Welcome back to our 3rd installment of the User Draft!

This mock draft is spearheaded by new users to get plugged into the ISFL mock draft industrial complex. Normally this is the "amk draft cabal" (dubbed by Lemon), but Dev got this together of their own volition, so it's the Dev Cabal this season! We have Lemon and TMoney back as always to serve as a resource to our rookies and new creates.

The folks who do the user draft normally go pretty high in their draft classes—let's see if this holds! Each user makes picks and creates a write-up, which I format and give to the people!

This draft took place on 6/11 + 6/12 -- so we are following the draft order from that time. The insights are still good even if the order is wonky. 

All complaints should be addressed to @Chicken Lips.

Our Drafters:

@AustinP0027: AUS & CTC

@bfan8475: ARI & CHI 

@Dev0: BER & NOLA 

@goodvsevil1275: BAL & HON

@lemonoppy: OCO & YKW

@Tmoney6996: COL & SJS

@Lumosityfan: NYS & SAR

Round 1

01.01 - COL Colorado Yeti COL - Alexander Rockstone - @AustinP0027 - CB - DAL

The Yeti find themselves in the enviable, yet unenviable spot of picking first. That’s not a bad thing though as the team still has a ton of needs and really just needs as much talent as possible. With all of the different directions they could go, I think CB, and Rockstone make the most sense. With only 2 CBs on the current ISFL roster, and 1 about to hit regression, the need for another stable CB is of importance. Yes, they have Jet, who appears to be the heir apparent to Peepo in a few seasons. But taking a max earning player at a high leverage position is almost always a good idea. COL has a long way to go, and Rockstone helps keep the rebuild training going

01.02 - HON Honolulu Hahalua HON - Tua Domine - @Yeenoghu - LB - KCC

With the second overall pick, and what I say is the first real pick of the draft, the Hahalua can go a couple of directions. For a team with 2OA, they have very few holes in their roster and mostly just need time for their roster to improve. That being said, a few gaps this team has based on my research are OL, WR, and LB. Since our 2nd round pick is an OL GM pick and the WRs in this class aren’t in consideration for 2OA, I decided to pick up Tua Domine to form the best future LB group in the league with JJ What and Robot Sunfish. Maxwell Jacob Friedman and Caleb Hayden are both deep into regression and will be forced into retirement relatively soon. Yeenoghu has had multiple high-earning players, including the all-time highest TPE peak with 1650 as Swantavious King. Honolulu grabs a guaranteed superstar LB. This pick honestly makes so much sense that I would be amazed if Honolulu goes in another direction in the real draft.

The Tua Domine Fan Club is recruiting members! Join me and Dewalt27 and become a founding member today! (But not if you’re Willeh)

01.03 - AUS Austin Copperheads AUS - WW Jatt - @Lumosityfan - DT - NOR

When I looked at Austin’s roster, I first looked at the position count and then the age the different players will be next season. I considered anyone going into their 9th season or later the danger zone, so that finds Austin with 1 DT, 2 LBs, 1 OL, and 1 WR that look to be aging out and need to be replaced.

Of all the replacement needs that Austin has, I think DT was the highest. They have 3 LBs coming up outside their 2 regression candidates. They have 3 WRs coming up as well as their oldest ages out. Their OLine is definitely a candidate with one aging out and two very close, but looking at the choices for the first round, I don’t think Austin can pass up a high earning Defensive Tackle in WW Jatt.

Jatt has 24 tackles, 4 TFLs, and 4 sacks on the year so far, and more importantly, is active in Discord and is the top DT candidate by TPE with 213. Jatt will be a solid addition to bolster the Austin defense and give them a young DT core that they won’t have to worry about for multiple seasons.

01.04 - NYS New York Silverbacks NYS - D’Squarius Green Jr. - @sonicxdoom - TE - NOR

I wanted to diversify the offense a bit by going for a tight end since it looks like their tight end situation isn’t looking great and the rest of the offense is already more or less taken care of. I went with D’Squarius Green Jr. because he’s been very active throughout his career and as a teammate of his in Norfolk I can attest he’s been a great locker room person and will continue to have a great career for seasons to come.

01.05 - BER Berlin Fire Salamanders BER -Joe Blaze - @jlyles7 - LB - MIN

Berlin gets Minnesota's main Mallard of their linebacking crew. When Berlin’s pick was up I was surprised he was available and they had great options at linebacker. I had him ranked 3 on my big board and my top linebacker depending on the archetype you need. Blaze is the best fit as he is a positive dude to have in a chat and a solid earner in this class and a new user so the sky's the limit on his potential.

01.06 - CHI Chicago Butchers CHI - Devin Mace - @Dev0 - OL - KCC
Similar to my other write up with AZ, CHI is a very successful team who has been leading their conference the past 2 years. CHI has a large DSFL pipeline with 8 players waiting to be called up. They’re pretty set for most of their other positions moving forward so I looked to draft someone who can be an early impact player. Enter Devin Mace who’s an active new create that will be a great locker room presence. CHI has only 3 human OL so I wouldn’t be surprised if CHI calls him up pretty early to save on some cap space. High TPE earner and good bank account, Devin Mace would be a great piece to add to CHI as they look to introduce their new QB.

01.07 - SAR Sarasota Sailfish SAR - Harvin Marrison - @Chucky - WR - POR

My biggest needs for the long term were in the offense and so my picks mainly were to help shore up that department. I went with Harvin Marrison with my first pick to help with the wide receiving core and to bring in a user that I actually enjoy a lot in the league and who I know will help shore up that receiving core in the future.

01.08 - YKW Yellowknife Wraiths YKW - Kim Yeon-Seok - @Crunk - CB - LON

Alright, I only need to do a write up for my Yellowknife picks since I got given Orange County as well and they have 0 picks in the first three rounds ezpz.

Yellowknife roster needs, from a super cursory glance at the Team Budgets page are WR and CB. They do have a TE down in the DSFL who can be a third receiving option as their wide outs age and regress, but I’d like to grab another wide receiver who can help shoulder the load that’s on Xenos. Cornerback they don’t really have anyone to slot in and so they need one of those as well.

In the draft up to this point, obviously AustinP0027 is gone, and the WR available in the draft in Chucky (Harvin Marrison) is also sniped one spot before me.

I chose to take Crunk (Kim Yeon-Seok) here since he’s a CB but don’t think he actually goes to Yellowknife in the real deal. Bwestfield’s Lucas Graves would be the “real” pick if we’re going realistic here.

Westfield is a pretty old-head user who’s back and I expect that they’ll be a great corner for the team to come.

01.09 - ARI Arizona Outlaws ARI - William Eaton - @Amidships - S - NOR

Looking at Arizona, they’re an extremely strong team. They won the Ultimus last year and are still a top team that’s expected to go deep into the playoffs again this year. The fact that they have this many picks in the draft is astounding and really gives them a chance to build a dynasty. It’s honestly pretty unfair. Their first pick goes to William Eaton who everyone knows is an extremely active user and one of the top players in the draft class. Grabbing him at 9 was really good value. Large bank account that will surely allow them to max earn throughout their career and active on Discord which will contribute to the locker room. Arizona doesn’t have many holes given how successful of a team they are. They’ve also got some top prospects in the DSFL waiting for the call up in Puddles O’Duck and Grzegorz Winnick and more. Therefore, I went with BPA at this pick as William was the highest TPE player besides Dexter Morgan. Both of Arizona’s safeties are in regression and although they have a safety in the DSFL waiting, another one especially of this user’s caliber will always be good to have.

01.10 - COL Colorado Yeti COL - Katya Zamolodchikova - @fnordypsyduck - QB - POR

With the Yeti back on the clock, they’ve got an interesting decision to make. With several players seemingly in this draft class slated to return to the Yeti, who do they take with their 2nd first round pick? If you wanted to argue that this pick is better used on a skill position player like RB, I’d agree with you. But COL desperately needs a QB, and Katya seems like an exceedingly good fit for the Yeti. They would need to call them up immediately, but given the jump on experience they’d go after being pushed up to the ISFL immediately, it could give them a leg up in a few seasons.

This also may make the other 4 teams that may be looking QB take notice and reshuffle their boards.

01.11 - CHI Chicago Butchers CHI - Frosty Steele - @jsteele14 - LB - NOR

CHI somehow has 2 picks in the first round similar to AZ, I can’t believe these teams are getting away with having such quality picks while already having winning teams. CHI has 4 LBs on their roster already but they’re all about to hit regression in a year or two. Given that LBs are the heart of a defense, it’s important to be able to churn out top quality LBs to replace old ones. Frosty is an active recreate who will pair with their other previously drafted LB, Jack Destroyer, to create a formidable linebacker duo for the near future.

01.12 - SJS San Jose Sabercats SJS - Dexter Morgan - @goodvsevil1275 - QB - LON

Speaking of QBs, I have SJS taking a QB here with pick 12 in the first round. Is it a little early to take a QB? Probably. However, with a few other teams also eyeing Morgan as their future signal caller, it makes sense to grab them now and get the leg-up on their competition. SJS is also in a spot where they don’t have a ton of needs. .With Patterson entering regression this next seasons, a QB is absolutely in play for the Cats here.

Another side-note, I think this is the 3rd season in a row that I’ve been given the opportunity to draft for the Sabercats. Watch out Russ!

01.13 - ARI Arizona Outlaws ARI - Benny The Jet - @wildcatbandit - WR - MIN

For their second pick in the first round, AZ looks to fill a hole by selecting Benny the Jet. AZ has 2 WRs in regression and no previously drafted WRs in the DSFL therefore, they need one to prepare to take the reins. Enter Benny who’s an active new-create and leads the DSFL in receiving yards. There were many other players of higher TPE here but since Harvin was taken earlier, Benny was the next best WR and I figured I couldn’t risk letting him falling far. Looking back, this was the right move as CTC ended up taking a WR in the second round before my pick so I’m glad we were able to scoop up a top receiver here.

01.14 - NOLA New Orleans Second Line NOLA - Lucas Graves - @Bwestfield - CB - LON

I only made 3 picks in this draft and this was easily the hardest one and likely the hardest for Nola as well. I see their main need as corner, do you go with the succeeding new user or the slightly behind him recreate with a HoF history. Westfield is a highly decorated user and that was simply too hard to ignore with this likely being Nolas only impactful pick. Lucas Graves is part of the best defense in the DSFL on a Royals team that is easily first place overall.

Round 2

02.01 - COL Colorado Yeti COL - Secret Squirrel - @iStegosauruz - WR - LON

This is a GM pick, but an excellent one for the Yeti who absolutely need a WR2 to pair with Tiggins and La’Fluke

02.02 - HON Honolulu Hahalua HON - Baymax - @IceBear32 - OL - LON

This is a GM pick that was obviously well thought-out. The Hahalua only have one OL on their roster currently and I assume IceBear32 won’t pay his own player a ton of money, leading to OL savings that can be used to pay the rest of the roster. Baymax is a good earner on top of this, so while this is a predetermined GM pick, this is a great one for this team.

02.03 - AUS Austin Copperheads AUS - Richard Johnson - @Reedy0rNot - OL - LON

I mentioned above how Austin has an OL aging out with one player entering their 11th season. They also have a player entering their 7th and another entering their 6th. Those two aren’t a concern this next season, but they will be in a few. Now is the right time to find another OL player they can build up to take over once those two begin to regress too much. The challenge with this OL class is that 2 of the top 3 candidates are GMs, so they’re already destined to a certain team. That leaves either having to take Devin Mace in the 1st or waiting and seeing what drops.

So, here in the 2nd, it made sense to grab the best OL that is available and that was Richard Johnson. With 155 TPE, he’s in that mid-earning tier of this class, Richard disappeared for a couple weeks there but has come back strong since then, so continues to look promising.

02.04 - NYS New York Silverbacks NYS - Duke Silverback - @wizard_literal - RB - MIN

GM pick lol. Not much choice there although tbf with that pick I probably would have gone running back anyways since some of the edges are getting a bit old.

02.05 - BER Berlin Fire Salamanders BER - Connor Craig Jr Jr - @Dewalt27 - OL - TIJ

GM Pick (amk note: love you, dewalt)

02.06 - CTC Cape Town Crash CTC - Ajax Sakarias - @elixir - WR - LON

Cape Town has a different set of aging needs. Their Cornerbacks are getting old, their offensive line is regressing, they have an old safety, and their main running back and wide receiver are at the point where both are going to hit their 8th season.

It’s rough to not have a pick in the first round at all with this class, but looking at two second round picks, Cape Town can still fill some holes. I started with their wide receiver need. Cape Town does have a young wide receiver who is entering their 2nd season and will start to reach their prime in a season or two, but their only other wide receiver is going into their 8th season, so is going to start dropping. With that in mind, it feels like the right time to draft another young wide receiver to solidify the WR core for the next couple seasons. Also, it gives some options to slot the newcomer in at the 3rd WR slot where needed once they are called up.

Sakarias is a mid TPE earner with 127, but the 3 above him are 1 GM pick and 2 clear first round picks that CTC won’t have a chance to grab. Sakarias could easily jump into a high tier of earning, as they’ve been around, so this could end up an even better pick than expected.

02.07 - SAR Sarasota Sailfish SAR - Kevin Finnerty - @ReverendOReily - TE - NOR

I went with Reverend O’Reilly for my second pick because there didn’t seem to be any good tight ends recently and I wanted to diversify the offense a bit with this pick.

02.08 - YKW Yellowknife Wraiths YKW - Slam Dunkinson - @bfan8475 - LB - BBB

Surprised to see bfan still available! Well, I guess not so much since this is really 2.04 after all the GMs. My thinking here was that there were no more WRs that I wanted to take on the board, which would have been what I was looking for, both WR and CB in this draft, and so I’m hunting for a position that I think we’ve got a great user with a slight lean towards positional needs.

The LB spot for the Wraiths doesn’t need so much help, they’ve got UberBJ and homercrates there but it’s always good to stock up on great defensive talent, plus it’s always fun to take fellow drafters.

There are a lot of options on the board here, for example I think there is no world where 8bitd1ck’s re-sim inducing player isn’t gone by now, and of course someone like Kyamprac or TubbyTim are known quantities who may or may not be gone here (Tim probably still available until the next Colorado pick).

I chose bfan over all of these other players cause I like bfan and he picks after me, so I want to deny him the narcissistic pleasure of choosing himself.

02.09 - ARI Arizona Outlaws ARI - Liggy Jiggy - @Raccoon177 - CB - TIJ

I was pretty happy about this pick, Liggy Jiggy was the 3rd highest TPE CB in the class and was the highest TPE available player at the time I was picking. I didn’t expect him to be still available here so was a no brainer to take him when he was still sitting there. AZ doesn’t have a drafted CB in the DSFL so this was a case of BPA and preparing for the future. With 1 current corner in regression and 2 others coming up on regression, it’s time to draft a CB to prepare for the future.

02.10 - CTC Cape Town Crash CTC - Billdozer Dauterive - @Kyamprac - LB - NOR

Hindsight is 20/20 but when I got to this pick, I realized that I flipped the two 2nd round picks for Cape Town. Cape Town should be looking to grab another linebacker as they have 3 that are all in the same class and entering their 7th season. That’s not terrible for timing, but having 3 all in the same class means when they drop, they all drop at once. Cape Town needs to get another young linebacker ready and building to take over.

Where the flip should have happened is that with their 1st pick in the 2nd round, I should have grabbed Dunkinson who was still available and a high TPE earner. Instead, he got scooped up by Yellowknife. Dauterive isn’t a bad second choice by any means, 183 TPE is still up there in the class, so this isn’t a bad pick at all. But by pure optimization I should have gone LB then WR as I think Sakarias would have still been around at this pick.

02.11 - CHI Chicago Butchers CHI - Hot Dam - @Painted - DT - LON

GM pick here. CHI has 2 DTs on their active roster with one of them being IA. They do have a maxed DT in Juan Carrasco in the DSFL who I imagine would be called up next season. Their other DT is on their final contract year and just started regression. I’m curious to see how long Hot Dam spends in the DSFL given that CHI does have enough DTs for a couple of years. Their DEs, on the other hand, are in regression and Chicago doesn’t have any DEs in the DSFL waiting so perhaps a position swap to DE is a possibility here.

02.12  - SJS San Jose Sabercats SJS - Tony Chazz - @Benson - DT - DAL
I went back and forth with this pick for a bit before ultimately deciding on taking the DT here. Benson has earned well and is playing in a pretty desirable spot. Again, the Sabercats don’t need a whole lot, but shoring up the DL is always a great call. Their secondary should be set for awhile, as is their LB core, so now is the time to tighten up the first line of defense.

02.13 - COL Colorado Yeti COL - Julian McMorris II - @TubbyTim69 - RB - BBB

I did allude to a RB earlier, right? Well here we go. The Yeti get their RB of the future in McMorris and user TubbyTim who should be happy to be headed back to their previous team. A solid earner and a good pick for the Yeti who are hoping McMorrris can revitalize their run game.

02.14 - OCO Orange County Otters OCO - Deacon Blues - @UptownCord - TE - POR

GM pick (amk note: love you, Cord)

Round 3

03.01 - COL Colorado Yeti COL - Marshall von Hildebrand - @nunccoepi - KP - KCC
This seems about the right time to take a Kicker right? Yes and no. Do the Yeti need a Kicker? Not at all, but is nunccoepi too good of a user to pass up now that we’re in the 3rd round? Hell yeah. If the Yeti went this route, I wouldn’t be surprised if they asked nunc to swap to another position that they’d be comfortable with. But again, seeing as they already have a Kicker, this probably won’t play out this way.

03.02 - HON Honolulu Hahalua HON - Serhii Strynadka - @REAL rory - S - KCC

With the final Honolulu pick, I decided to take S Serhii Strynadka. While the Hahalua drafted a Safety in the S48 Draft, the budget sheet lists this player as inactive. With regression hitting soon for another IA Safety in Honey Humphries, this is a position of need for Honolulu. Strynadka was a later joiner but has been a great earner, and frankly I see this as a heck of a steal in the third round. If Strynadka continues to earn, Honolulu will have absolutely no weaknesses on the defensive side of the ball.

03.03 - AUS Austin Copperheads AUS - Lakin Makin - @MikeWhiskey - TE - LON

DT and OL were the two pressing needs that I saw Austin entering the draft with that they couldn’t leave without addressing. Interestingly enough, they don’t have a TE on their roster at all. I’m sure you can run an offense without one, but I can’t imagine your offense is worse by running with one.

Enter Lakin Makin, the 3rd ranked TE by TPE with 163. He’s a possession TE with high speed and hands, so I think you could develop a playbook for him as an outlet in the middle of the field to pick up that quick 1st down when you need it, but you probably aren’t getting the long bombs you’d expect from a Vertical TE. Also, Austin really doesn’t need any other position that strongly, with a lot of youth on the roster, other than maybe DE, which this class just doesn’t have any good candidates for.

03.04 - ARI Arizona Outlaws ARI - Oandon Lolanin - @jacobcarson877 - OL - MIN

For their second to last pick, AZ chooses Oandon Lolanin to help bolster their offensive line. All their current OL except for 1 is in regression so AZ must look to continue to replace their OL if they want to continue to win. They’ve drafted another OL, smooth green girnch, in the past so Oandon will look to pair with girnch to help protect their future QB Puddles O’Duck. When you have such a well rounded team that AZ has, it’s important to have human OL to save on cap space and provide better protection for the offense. Oandon has a solid bank account and seems to be earning well so should be a stalwart on the OL for years to come.

03.05  - COL Colorado Yeti COL - Thaal Sinestro - @Arctic - DT - BBB

The Yeti go defense with this pick and grab a strong centerpiece for the DL. Arctic is a known user and a good earner, so should be a solid pickup here for the Yeti. Sinestro could become the main guy on the DL after just two seasons if they continue their earning, passing up recently swapped Bunny and Miller Light at the Defensive Tackle position, or Giles Marret at the DE position.

03.06 - CHI Chicago Butchers CHI - FTBLLCMR4D RUS-KCKR-001 - @8bitd1ck - LB/KP - POR

I was pretty happy with this pick here because CHI has a need for K/P. Currently, 8bitd1ck swapped to a LB but I swore I saw somewhere that he wanted to switch back to K/P. Grabbing an active, good earning player in the third was great value. He can be called up for CHI instantly if he switches back to K/P and be a great contributor both on the field and in the LR. If he stays at LB, it’s still a great thing to grab a talkative, earning LB in the third to pair with their other LBs. Overall, I thought this was a steal and a versatile player that will help CHI for a long time.

03.07 - SAR Sarasota Sailfish SAR - Sweet Sweet Ganjasmoke - @BOOM™ - RB - DAL

Finally, I went a bit of a dark horse here and went with a running back who has been earning well and whom I know can make this team stronger in the running and the blocking game.

03.08 - YKW Yellowknife Wraiths YKW - Klaus Reinhardt - @Middy - OL - KCC

Very very happy to take Middy here, glad they’re taking to the league more this go around. Love to take OL players and I think that it’s an easy selection to grab someone who has friends in the league already.

Very happy with the pick, think I would have taken em even higher if I was at the top of the third.

03.09 - ARI Arizona Outlaws ARI - Cedric Theriault - @tcookie - RB -  DAL

And for the final pick of AZ’s draft, they choose Cedric Theriault. At this point in the draft, the options of players are very limited but there were a lot of active, high TPE RBs left. AZ doesn’t necessarily have a need for RB with BMP and Purdy Mediocre already on the team and still a couple years away from regression. However, a player with the TPE and activity level that Cedric has this late in the draft cannot be ignored. Maybe AZ finds a way to fit Cedric in their backfield rotation at some point in the future or they can look for a position change which I’m sure will work just as well. Either way, AZ finishes off their draft with another impact player that should keep the talent pipeline churning. 

03.10 - CTC Cape Town Crash CTC - Bazooka Nuttingham - @Gopher a beer - RB - TIJ

The end of the 3rd is really rough for this class. I’m disappointed at how many people we had go IA already (24 players who won’t be draft eligible). Looking at Cape Town’s needs, runningback is another place where they need to get a young player lined up, but then they’ll be set for a good number of season. With one RB entering their 8th season, and another hitting their 3rd, grabbing a new RB gives them a solid progression of top RBs for another 10 seasons most likely.

Thankfully, even with the class weakness, RB was still strong. Seeing the DAL running backs of Ganjasmoke and Theriault available to start the 3rd is surprising, but unfortunately for Cape Town they weren’t still there by their pick.

Bazooka Nuttingham is a decent consolation prize, a mid tier earner with 146 TPE and the best name/likeness combo in the class. Cape Town gets additional RB depth, and lines up to have stability at the position for a long while.

03.11 - CHI Chicago Butchers CHI - Daniel Janser - @Daniel Janser - OL - BBB

For Chicago’s last pick, I decided to address their OL again as I mentioned they only have 3 OL in their entire organization. Drafting OL will always be a good thing as it allows teams to save cap space for their own positions and a human OL has the potential to outscale a bot OL. Janser is a well earning and active player who is also active in the BBB locker room. This gives Chicago another well rounded player that will contribute in all aspects that they can call up sooner along with Devin to help protect their future QB.

03.12 - SJS San Jose Sabercats SJS - Taylor’s BF’s Brother - @STZ - OL - TIJ

Admittedly, it took me way too long to get the player name, but had a good chuckle once I figured it out. OL is always a solid choice for a competing team, and that’s no different here. With SJS potentially losing 1-2 lineman to regression next season, grabbing another user who can come in and replace them seems like a solid move.

03.13 - BAL Baltimore Hawks BAL - Zack Vega Jr. - @WALDO - QB - DAL

The Hawks could use a lot of the players in this draft, but they do not have a single pick until 41st overall. At this spot, Vega Jr. was the highest TPE player available and was also a position of need, making this a simple pick. Wolfie McDummy Jr. is an aging star who has already started regression, so the Hawks need to find their QB replacement ASAP. I’d be surprised if Vega falls this far in the actual draft, but this pick should be his absolute floor.

03.14 - NOLA New Orleans Second Line NOLA - Auto Matic - @AJW -  Kicker - TIJ

Maybe the best kicker name someone can come up with, I recall Auto Matic joining the league and he seemed to be of pretty good character. At this point in the draft there were just kickers left and players who as far as I can tell are IA, Auto Matic was the best of them, I think the hope here is that Auto, or the current Nola Kicker would change positions making this pick a likely steal.

How fun was that? These are always a blast. And for the first time, we have some bonus content!

Extra notes from some of our drafters!

@AustinP0027 Notes:
I’ll start out by saying, COL taking me 1OA raises questions. They’re stacked at Cornerback, so that’s very much not a need for them.

I think the first round is absolutely stacked with talent in this class, and I’m not sure there is really a way to make a “bad” pick. TPE values are high, activity for these players is high, and generally I think the top of this class is very solid and will all do well in the ISFL.

Looking across teams:
  • How did Arizona end up with 5 picks a year after winning the Ultimus? Two in the first round mean they’re reloading already, and I have a feeling Theriault in the 3rd will be one of the biggest steals of the draft.
  • I really like the Honolulu draft as well, Domine is going to be a stud LB and grabbing a top OL candidate is always a good choice.
  • New York better implement the right offense if they are taking DSGJ with their 4th pick. Top user for sure, but from a position stand point, if you’re spending that kind of draft capital, you better plan to use it.
  • Berlin did pretty well with only two picks, grabbing a top LB and also getting their GM OLineman
  • I think Sarasota might have won the draft, actually. Marrison is still the stud I predicted after the prospect bowl, they grabbed a top TE, AND they managed to grab the top RB pick in the 3rd.
  • Chicago loaded up as well, grabbing Steele as LB and the 3rd highest CB in Jiggy. The question mark around RUS needs to be answered, he’s moved to LB but is that where he’s actually staying?
  • San Jose picked Morgan in the 1st and I actually like that pick because that puts his entry into the ISFL in 3 seasons at right when their QB hits their 9th season. Almost a perfect transition there, and it was paired with a stud DT.
  • New Orleans only has two picks in the first 3 rounds this draft, and having them at the end of the 1st and 3rd is really rough. Cornerback is definitely the right choice in the 1st as theirs are definitely aging out, but I’m not sure why Graves over Jiggy who is 40 TPE higher
  • Orange County and Baltimore have a rough draft. Both have a single pick in the 1st 3 rounds, so you really can’t grade them. They basically punted this season’s draft unless some trades happen

@goodvsevil1275 Notes:
  • William Eaton falling to 9OA is a bargain. This player should be in consideration for 2OA. If I was actually HON in this situation, I would love to trade up to 8 or 9 if Eaton falls like this, though this would be a risk. HON can’t trade their 2nd without getting one in return, so it would likely take a pick from the S50 draft to trade up. Many expect S50 to be an even stronger class, which is why it’d be a risk to trade a pick from that draft.
  • Harvin Marrison is a stud and will be taken higher than many might expect. Great pick from Sarasota there.
  • Sweet Sweet Ganja Smoke is an obvious draft faller here. This is a very high TPE player being taken in the middle of the third round. In the real draft, I completely expect Ganja Smoke to be an early 2nd round pick at worst if they are willing to switch positions. RB seems pretty stacked right now, which lead to Sarasota getting yet another great pick. Well done by Lumosityfan.
  • FTBLLCMR4D RUS-KCKR-001 falling into the 3rd round might not make sense to some people. This player swapped from K to LB during our draft, and I don’t think many people noticed until quite late, myself included. Still, there have been rumblings about 8bitd1ck potentially looking to switch positions again, so maybe this draft position is not very far off after all.
  • In my unbiased opinion, Dexter Morgan should go 1OA, so SJS got a heck of a deal with grabbing him at 12OA.
  • Rockstone 1OA is to be expected. Very high TPE, great locker room presence, and great media contributions should make this a slam dunk. However, Rockstone questions the position fit, so one must wonder if the player will position swap to help the team or if Colorado will actually pass on him.
  • Picks 14-17 are all London Royals, and Morgan went 12 OA for 5 Royals in 6 picks. London on top!

RE: S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - lemonoppy - 06-22-2024

Got assigned OCO, made 0 picks for em ezclap

RE: S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - UptownCord - 06-22-2024

@Amkamkamk is the best

RE: S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - PurplePiratePoo - 06-23-2024

Great mock y'all! Most anticipated mock for me each season!

RE: S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - Dev0 - 06-23-2024

It was a lot of fun, sad to see there is not much in the way of mocks this offseason.

RE: S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - jlyles7 - 06-23-2024

Great mock, all! These are always fun to look at

RE: S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - BOOM™ - 06-23-2024

Great read/mock.

I guess the question is....am I willing to switch?

[Image: 2ca104fd-c9b6-45d6-bfd9-65a0cfdfa1a7_text.gif]

RE: S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - Chicken Lips - 06-24-2024

I have a complaint

RE: S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - ReverendOReily - 06-24-2024

Happy to be drafted in the name of offensive diversity

RE: S49 User Mock Draft - The Under the Wire Cabal Edition - jsteele14 - 06-24-2024

Loved this read. Always exciting to see my name on these boards. Curious to see how it really unfolds