International Simulation Football League
*Chapter 50: Cuckoo - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Chapter 50: Cuckoo (/showthread.php?tid=51752)

*Chapter 50: Cuckoo - lock180 - 06-22-2024

The Book of Zen
Chapter 50: Cuckoo

Zenzeroni wanted the money so badly. But he didn’t know if his heart could handle Janewood much longer. Running into dead end after dead end of the missing 411 scare maze wasn’t helping and neither were all of the scare actors that thought it was funny to corner him every chance they got. After the Mine Train incident, he had become a prime victim and couldn’t walk 5 steps without getting scared by someone. At long last Zenzeroni finds the exit that is next to the terrifying “Forge” Coaster. The menacing dual launch coaster nearly makes Zenzeroni throw up just thinking about it. But Zenzeroni was able to push forward as he reached a new section of the park.

While it was technically a new section of the park it still felt as creepy as the first. The Appalachian section transformed into a black forest that while spooky, didn’t have a confusing maze to cause Zenzeroni trouble.

“Zenzeroni! I’ve heard a lot about you! Come on let's hide together. I know a spot Fro Yo is never going to find us” A figure hurries up to Zenzeroni and starts pulling him along.

“What? Who are you?”

“Oh yeah sorry. My name is Alligator Tom but my friends call me Ally.”

“Your real name is Alligator Tom?” Zenzeroni asks in disbelief.

“Welcome to New Zealand mate.” Alligator Tom says in a joking tone as he continues to drag Zenzeroni further into the Black Forest brushing away the scare actors in the process.

“Shouldn’t we be playing against each other?” Zenzeroni asks.

“Sure but there’s still plenty of people left. Plus riding the coasters is way more exciting with a buddy.”

“I don’t even know you though.”

“I just introduced myself what more do you want from me?”

“No I– Where are we going?”

“Right this way” Ally leads Zenzeroni to the entrance of a line that sits outside a giant building sticking out of the forest. “This is “Call of the Cuckoo” Usually it is just a drop ride but now they’ve got it all decorated up for Halloween!”

“Oh… great!.....” Zenzeroni says unamused.

Zenzeroni enters the inner workings of what Zenzeroni realizes is supposed to represent a grandfather clock and sits down in a giant elevator-like shaft. “How scary is this going to be?”

“It isn’t bad at all. Just a few free fall drops and you are out in no time!” Ally says excitedly.

The ride operator appears at the side of the ride and begins reading a script in a monotone voice “Welcome to Call of the Cuckoo. Years ago it is said that this grandfather clock was owned by an old witch who placed a curse on whoever owned it after her. You purchased it and it has started making sounds on its own and even weirder things are beginning to happen. Your past fears seem to be coming to life. Can you stop the curse in time or will you live in the past forever……” The ride operator trails off as they push the button to start the ride and immediately the sound of the clock going off begins “Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Cuckoo” echoes throughout the elevator shaft as the ride lifts the riders as they climb floor after floor after floor until they reach the top of the building now in complete darkness until the giant elevator doors in front of them open up to reveal…

“Come on noodle arms we’ve got a game to play. If you aren’t going to pick up the damn ball go sit on the bench with the rest of the losers.” Zenzeroni looks at his younger self struggling to pick up the baseball as he flashbacks to all those years ago. The scene cuts to Zenzeroni alone in his room crying to himself.

“What the hell? How did they get this stuff?!” Zenzeroni asks Ally next to him.

“Some realistic props right? Get ready though because—” Before Ally could finish the ride goes into a free fall sending the elevator dropping 10 floors before stopping and opening up the doors once more.

“AND WITH THAT THE CREW OF THE FROSTBITE HAVE WON THIS EDITION OF CAPTURE THE SHIP. THANK YOU ALL FOR PLAYING AND THE FIVE ORIGINAL CREW MEMBERS OF THE FROSTBITE WILL BE REWARDED WITH A FEAST IN THEIR HONOR. CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE ON AN EXCELLENT GAME.” Zenzeroni watches himself tumble to the pirate ship floor as he loses his team the game of capture the ship.

“No seriously. Ally? How are they getting this stuff?”

“Dude how should I know? Getting a couple scary scenes isn’t really that hard to—”
Ally gets cut off again as the elevator drops even more and then rises back up a few floors as it nears the top again.

“I swear if they show one more thing from my past…”

“What are you talking about dude? You design these spooky sets or something?”

“Are you not seeing my–” Zenzeroni stops as he sees the next scene in front of him.

Space Cowboy slowly cocks his own pistol back and fires hitting One Eyed Larry directly in the heart. Zenzeroni runs over to his father figure and holds him in his arms as he bleeds out. Meanwhile, the current Zenzeroni still seated in his spot on the ride undoes the restraints and gets up from the ride.

“Zenzeroni what the hell are you doing?! You’re going to get yourself killed!”

“How did they do this?!” Zenzeroni says as he begins to walk toward the scene in front of him.

“What are you talking about?! It’s all movie effects and stuff.” Ally says desperately.

Zenzeroni just shakes his head but right as he reaches the scene in front of him with One Eyed Larry on the ground bleeding out. The ride shudders and Zenzeroni sees the scene he should have been seeing the whole time; a creepy farmer wearing a bunny mask and holding a chainsaw. Zenzeroni only registers this scene for a second before the ride drops sending Zenzeroni flying into the ceiling and knocking him unconscious.

RE: Chapter 50: Cuckoo - Baron1898 - 06-22-2024

damn Intamin's new drop tower going crazy