International Simulation Football League
*REDEMPTION ROAD - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *REDEMPTION ROAD (/showthread.php?tid=51778)

*REDEMPTION ROAD - jreed12 - 06-24-2024

[Image: rugnyQy.jpg]
[Image: OIdhAEq.jpg]
[Image: svfpqoa.jpg]

Well, well, well. It seems my ravenous fans wasted no time in expecting me to produce some new media. I didn’t want to return to this lifestyle, in fact, it was the very thing that I was hoping to never do again. However, being a writer at heart is a core piece of my identity in this league, and I could only stay away from the pen and ink for so long before it beckoned me back. After some deliberation, I knew it was my calling to RETURN back to the light and SETTLE THE SCORE with some NEW MEDIA.

Rotting away in solitary confinement and writing ZERO media for the ENTIRE SEASON of S48 gave me a lot of time to contemplate life, the league, and my dedication to the fine art of wordsmithing.

First off, media is not what is used to be, as is clearly demonstrated by the decrease in entertaining serials which permeated our league in prior seasons (or as some naysayers such as @Baron1898 would have you believe, they are boiled down to mere “rookie drama periodicals”). The effervescent, mind-enriching nourishment that was my very own ISFL Weekly Mirror had to close down too due to undisclosed circumstances (we got tired of doing it).

The only one truly carrying the media game right now is (begrudgingly) my old nemesis turned ally, Zenzeroni Xystarch II @lock180. I do wish him all the best with his Book of Zen and hope it solidly secures the Gemini award this year, but I believe the ego rush has gone straight to his noodley noggin. Reports now claim that Xystarch believes that HE is the MEDIA KING. Well, Zen, let me tell you something—no children’s fairytale of any length will allow you to defeat ME. I unquestionably produce the finest, truest, most ethical media this league has ever seen and attempting to one-up you is part of the reason I reluctantly returned to this trivial media madness. As you know, having the last word is my ultimate weakness.

As a 2-time back-to-back Gemini Winner, I now set my sights on a third piece of hardware to hang on the mantle, which, if everything goes according to plan, would likely tie me with the aforementioned Xystarch. I now introduce to you, my newest magnum opus: REDEMPTION ROAD with jreed12.

[Image: osuEiv3.png]

But first, I must announce with much fanfare that at the time of writing this, I am poised to be the NEW GM OF THE DALLAS BIRDDOGS. I succeed the legacy of one @Crazytomato and take the honor bestowed upon me with all the dignity and humility as is expected for my character. I am extremely grateful for the mentorship Crazy has provided in learning the ropes of GM and I hope to make him proud.

[Image: UILn0La.jpg]

I will be working alongside my adjunct @.HoshinoIchika, who earned his PHD in Brainrot Studies and has an accomplished resume as a professional in our esteemed league. While I truly am the brains of the operation, Eggy is a most valued member of our team and absolutely has skibidi rizz.

Due to the nature of my new employment, and to dispel any rumors, no, I will not be resurrecting the ISFL Weekly Mirror. I feel that rehashing the Weekly Mirror would no longer be the direction I want to take in my media. As such, my new media will not contain the same controversial reporting you came to know and love with the Weekly Mirror. Rather, I will be focusing on the competitive spirit of dotsball, no rumors or conspiracies, and cataloguing the exciting events that will transpire over the next few seasons. But of course, I will still go on my occasional rants—that should be par for the course for any Jreed media.

However, I predict that my tenure in Texas will not come without some road bumps—after claiming the Ultimini in S46, the Bird Dogs quickly crumbled to their worst season in recent memory at 1-13, and this year has not fared much better. Meanwhile, our foes in the desert, the Tijuana Luchadores, seek to humiliate us at every turn by DANCING on our figurative graves with the heinous gif that shall not be named. When I assume the reins, mark my words, Tijuana, our decisive W12 victory this season was only a taste of what is to come.

After my hiring, I received many well wishers in my DMs over the passing days for this new position, including my dear friend and former ISFL Weekly Mirror intern @McGriddy10. However, there was another supposed well wisher, who I immediately recognized as a WOLF IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING.

[Image: OtDD6EB.jpg]

If you haven’t been keeping up with the MACHINATIONS of the league, reader, then let me make you privy to a few DETAILS about the diabolical GM of the Orange County Otters, UPTOWN CORD @UptownCord. He launched a SMEAR campaign to tarnish my name and claim that he was the WEEKLY MIRROR OWNER.

He quickly made a series of FALSE business decisions, including claiming that shares of the company I built from the ground up with hard work and ethical journalism were now traded publicly. Furthermore, UptownStink brought more of his cronies into the mix, and cut them benefits from the reserves of MY rightful capital. How he thinks he can go about doing this? Your guess is as good as mine.

Even though the Weekly Mirror closed down, the notion of a “Weekly Mirror Owner” existing would insinuate the fact that this individual would have some form of ownership over my Geminis, a notion which I strongly contest. Furthermore, seeing as Uptown Cord never did any hard-hitting journalism for the Weekly Mirror, how could he be deserving of collecting any of the royalties? Unlike Bamford or McGriddy, he wasn’t even an intern!

This was followed by the trickery of WIZARD LITERAL @wizard_literal claiming to have received fake STOCK in my enterprise—quickly dubbing himself the “Weekly Mirror 51% Shareholder”.

However, while this most preposterous claim has been debunked time and time again, I will not let the fake news tirade of this most devious wizard win. I am the only rightful owner of the illustrious 2-time-Gemini-winning-publication the ISFL Weekly Mirror, and I have it baked into my contract that if you come after me, my defenses will be ready to counterattack, including my two biggest supporters @Dewalt27 and @Gadget.

The more alarming aspect of this whole debacle was that the Wizard assumed that he could transfer shares over to the unassuming Baz so he could “afford weekly training”. To which Baz promptly replied: “I still cannot afford it”. Perhaps because the so called “SHARES” are all a RUSE, and did not exist in the first place! Even our dedicated league bot which always reports 100% facts had no idea what on earth you were talking about.

[Image: PpuprwW.jpg]

However, the Wizard did also draw my ire with a particular POINT TASK that, upon its creation, I immediately knew its only purpose was to be directly targeted at ME. I present to you:

(S48) PT #5 - Media Darling: “The ISFL League Newspaper has reached out to your player directly for an Interview! Write a Newspaper interview for your player. Alternatively, you've been put in charge as the Chief Editor for the ISFL League Newspaper! Your first task is to reach out to a player and perform a one on one interview.”

Well, well, well. How fitting that as soon as I talk about being FINISHED with media, you put out some bait to lure me back into this twisted media game. Everyone knows that the one true ISFL League Newspaper was the ISFL Weekly Mirror. Our groundbreaking journalism opened dialogue for many storylines that were bubbling right below the surface, and we DARED to bring trickery and corruption to the light in areas where any other mentally sane user would be FEARFUL to go! As a “Chief Editor for the ISFL League Newspaper”, you dare reduce my honorable day job to some trivial POINT TASK! I say nay to your TPE handout, I will be protesting!

However, redeeming my status in the league is not merely consolidated to besting my arch-rivals, both old and new, nor to my quest for victory with the Bird Dogs. It would appear that my beloved Berlin Fire Salamanders are constantly UNDER ATTACK by nefarious forces who seek to pray on our downfall.

You see, I made a very confident wager with a certain user—who is currently serving a suspension—that the Fire Salamanders will be your S50 Ultimus Champions. This was clearly an educated and in no way impulsive wager, and I look forward to receiving my $30M profit #ScammerGetsScammed.

[Image: sGnJebT.jpg]

I simply find it outrageous that our detractors wish to make the Salamanders the butt of every joke. However, the joke will soon be on you all, as we will relish in our glory and hoist the ultimate trophy at the conclusion of S50. And believe me when I say that the taste of that victory will be simply DELECTABLE.

So, ultimately, Redemption Road is four-fold: I must set sail to new horizons in my new GM position and chronicle my domination of the DSFL, I must stand my ground and defend the integrity of my business against the throes of capitalistic greed, I must reclaim the title of Media King back from Zenzeroni Xystarch II and win another Gemini, and finally, I must make good on my bet against DL and see my Fire Salamanders to ultimate glory in the S50 Ultimus. The road will be long and challenging, but I assure you, reader, that some excellent media that you have come to know and love will come forth and hopefully yield its way to victory.

Thank you for following along and continuing to support high quality media within our great league. Ultimately, it is the fundamental building blocks, our active users, who shape the future of the ISFL and the impressive catalog of media that comes along with it. I enjoy seeing where this new chapter in my media conquest will take us. See you on the other side.

I hope you enjoy reading,
Jreed12

#SeeYouInS50
:catthink:

RE: REDEMPTION ROAD - Baron1898 - 06-24-2024

I'm excited

RE: REDEMPTION ROAD - Assistant to the POR GM - 06-24-2024

If a team u gm beats my team im resigning

RE: REDEMPTION ROAD - Daniel - 06-24-2024

this was a hard read

RE: REDEMPTION ROAD - lock180 - 06-24-2024

ok which one of you fools left the door open allowing this bozo back into the writing room?