International Simulation Football League
*Philly Sports News - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Philly Sports News (/showthread.php?tid=5185)

*Philly Sports News - PDXBaller - 10-13-2017

Liberty Hold Off Hawks at Home
By Phil E. Chezestake

Having won six of their last seven games, the Philadelphia Liberty clinched their first ever playoff berth over the Yellowknife Wraiths. The Liberty narrowly defeated the Colorado Yeti in week 13, but hoped to perform better in the final game of the regular season against the Baltimore Hawks. This would be an interesting preview of things to come, as the two teams will meet in the NSFC championship game next week. The Hawks started off the game strong with two touchdowns in the first quarter and the Liberty responded with two of their own in the second. With the game tied at the half, the Liberty defense clamped down on the Hawks and kept them scoreless through the 3rd and 4th quarters and won handely 31-14. If the Liberty can continue this level of play, fans can certainly hope for a potential spot in the Ultimus.

What Went Well?
The defense was pivotal in this game by holding the Hawks scoreless in the second half. All the secondary key players were in on the action with Perry Tucker leading the way and William Ridley, A.C. Hackett, Drew Davidson, and Mark Ramrio each getting a sack. This defense held one of the league’s best quarterbacks to 14/23 completions/attempts and stopped them on key drives.

Paul DiMirio had another stellar game with 8 receptions for the most yards of all receivers at 114. The tight end’s performance has him looking like a wide receiver these days as he scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter to close out the game. Rookie Budda Browning had his second career touchdown and chipped in 3 receptions for 25 yards. The Liberty offense had close to 33 minutes of possession and finished the game with 387 yards total with 7/14 3rd down completions.

Clifford Rove wrapped up his rookie season with 22/41 completions/attempts for a total of 297 yards and 3 touchdowns. Rove finishes his rookie campaign with a 55.6% completion rate and passer rating of 70. He’s done incredibly well for his first season and a win against the Hawks demonstrates that he has the potential to help the offense defeat better opponents.

What Didn’t Go Well?
Despite playing a decent game, Rove still had 2 interceptions in the first and second quarters which almost gave the Hawks a chance to score if the Liberty defense hadn’t intervened. Rove completes the regular season with 1.7 interceptions a game and he’s not the worst offender, but second to last in interceptions thrown. The Liberty will need him to cut down on interceptions in the playoffs if they hope to compete with the Hawks and possibly the ASFC champions.

The Liberty had 5 penalties resulting in 45 yards lost and these were costly mistakes that could have been prevented. All of the penalties came from the offensive squad and this doesn’t bode well for a line that already possesses the most sacks allowed in the league. Offensive coordinator Frank Pierce will need to work on instilling better discipline into this offensive line before the playoffs start.

PHI Liberty Impact Player of the Game PHI
This week’s Liberty Impact Player of the Game goes to Perry Tucker (@Perry87). The linebacker led the secondary with 11 tackles and 1 tackle for loss this game. Tucker was aggressive from the beginning of the game and stopped the Hawks on several key drives in the end of the second quarter and fourth. This was Tucker’s best game on the defensive end.

Next Game
On the road against the Baltimore Hawks at The Aviary for the NSFC Championship

Quote:597 words
GRADED

*Philly Sports News - cosbornballboy - 10-13-2017

@PDXBaller it's The Aviary

*Philly Sports News - PDXBaller - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 02:45 PM)cosbornballboy Wrote:@PDXBaller it's The Aviary

Fixed! Sorry for the misinformation! I believe that's what I saw on the team information page.

*Philly Sports News - cosbornballboy - 10-14-2017

(10-13-2017, 03:42 PM)PDXBaller Wrote:Fixed! Sorry for the misinformation! I believe that's what I saw on the team information page.

It was, I fixed it just right after I saw this and another one with Aviation Stadium lol