International Simulation Football League
*REDEMPTION ROAD Part III - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *REDEMPTION ROAD Part III (/showthread.php?tid=51891)

*REDEMPTION ROAD Part III - jreed12 - 06-29-2024

Previously, on Redemption Road with jreed12…

Jreed declares he is BACK in the media game! As the new GM for the Dallas Bird Dogs, he already has faced stiff opposition around every corner from his USURPERS!

Jreed stands his ground against new DIABOLICAL NEMESES in Uptown Cord and Wizard Literal as they continue to encroach on his gainfully earned business day by day! This included a backstabbing from someone he never would have expected—none other than OCO GM AJ!

Jreed declares a new found rivalry with the Portland Pythons, and all eyes are now looking towards the most monumental looming day in the DSFL offseason… THE DRAFT.

Read about all of this and more in…

[Image: osuEiv3.png]

Quite honestly I am writing another entry today because I just bought S49 equipment and holy cannoli that put a hole in my bank account. But, we have some most savory topics to cover on today’s prix fixe.

We have now officially reached an entire calendar month since the last sighting of DL14. I call this figure 1 month SDLB: Since DL’s Last Ban. It truly is a travesty that I cannot have my inbox spammed with cat emotes, as DL is one of the primary engines of the yapping economy that keeps my Discord payouts earning into perpetuity.

[Image: AXuiSC5.png]

However, when it comes to Yaps, meows aren’t the only accoutrement missing from the menu, as I’ve noticed a steep decline in Yaps from the one who was supposed to outyap us all. But then, out of the darkness, he appeared again to unleash a torrent of Yaps of yappocalyptic proportions. This figure is none other than the notorious Tyler Higbee II @SensibleDictator.

[Image: A1IOsyL.png]

You see, Higbee rose from the ashes in S47 and made a name for himself as the spearhead of the tight end renaissance, which paved the way for many of the league’s current most involved new members such as @sonicxdoom D’Squarius Green. However, Higbee’s star may have burned a little too bright and hot, as I don’t see him ever yapping in Gen Chat anymore and only making rare cameos in the DSFL, mostly to make fun of his good ole pal Jreed (and I have never slandered his name in any way, so this seems wholly unwarranted). As for one of my favorite media serials, What’s Yappening!?, it seems to have all but ceased.

Some have said that the Yapper Supreme is at “summer camp”, but I suspect the LON GM is hatching a much more SINISTER plot. What it could possibly be, time has yet to tell, but I know that DAL needs to have this team hot on our radar for next season or they will put the whooping on us.

But, much like a phoenix, when one sings its swansong, another shall rise from the ashes. And of course I am referring to the meteoric rise of one of the most fascinating prospects since myself, of course—user @Megsychan, who has already made a name for herself by cashing in on two bombshell media pieces in two days. Scouts from other DSFL teams wasted absolutely zero time in reaching out, nor did they have any shame in hiding the fact they were vying for scouting attention. But, what I find most fascinating, is that I have foreseen the potential for seismic activity in the media scene.

As someone who has won a few Geminis myself, I feel somewhat qualified to provide some meta commentary on the nature of our league’s media. You see, reader, while Zenzeroni and I might have our daily squabbles over who’s media causes the most permanent neural damage to the malleable minds of the ISFL, the role of Media Queen has unequivocally belonged to @Baron1898 since the beginning of time. Even the most inflammatory and controversial of wordsmiths such as myself know we are merely ants to a giant hiking boot, and challenging the Ultimate Power in the ISFL media universe is simply frivolity.

However, against all odds, this new prospect has already found an impressive knack for weaving the lore of the ISFL into her media, something which even took the Weekly Mirror several tries to get the hang of. She even somehow knows how to effectively slander the Weekly Mirror, which I shall provide no further comment on :concernedfrog:

[Image: mn487xz.png]

I am by no means suggesting that a prospect is already at the same level of media prowess as Baron, but adding a new dimension to the the small-but-mighty media ecosystem might prove to be an interesting beat to follow over the next few seasons. Food for thought.

I would like to keep my words regarding other prospects rather limited, as I am committed to having a fair and friendly DSFL draft and don’t want to give the other scouts any ideas (or give DSFL Head Office [HO] a reason to punish me). Remember, no leeks!

But let me state for the record, reader, that the S50 class already in its infancy has proven nothing short of fascinating. As all eyes turn to the Prospect Bowl and the ISFL Draft, I would expect the scouting work behind closed doors to heat up immensely.

As for the other aforementioned media tyrant, I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge that Zen Zen @lock180 is the inspiration for at least half of my content on any given day. But, I must acknowledge that his bloated epic The Book of Zen finally came to a somewhat jarring, but also strangely cathartic conclusion. I would recommend giving it a read because the dedication that Zen put forward into worldbuilding is nothing short of impressive and moderately concerning.

However, my friend is also my greatest competitor, and he still seems to live under the DELUSION that I am the placeholder for him when he feels like getting burnt out on media.

[Image: n7Py92o.png]

While I have no official plans for S50 other than the continuation of Redemption Road (and, of course, hoisting an Ultimus), if Zenzeroni wants more beef, I’m coming in with the cheese. I will not YIELD to a media writer who still thinks my back-to-back-Gemini-winning work is still WEAK!

As for my future Ultimus-winning squad, the almighty Berlin Fire Salamanders, we are fully in draft mode, which means most aspects of the server are under lock-and-key. However, Dewalt did want to perform a funny flex, by bragging about who was in the most Discord servers, in which he clocked in at approximately 61.

[Image: 2cCtEcI.png]

I feel like I have been sucked into a black hole of being on Discord over the past couple days due to my DAL involvement, and my innate need to be a nuisance to Head Office (HO). But, in all seriousness, I do have a legitimate goal as GM.

One of my candid goals as the DAL GM is to spice up the locker room and make it a place where folks enjoy hanging out and talking, in the same way that I have seen drastic improvement at BER in my time there. I know HON is another great example of this, but have heard other locker rooms such as MIN do it pretty well also.

That being said—if you have a locker room that you think creates a great environment for both players and outside users alike, I would love to swing by and learn a thing or two.

Thank you for reading, and media graders give me money!!

Jreed12

#SeeYouInS50

RE: REDEMPTION ROAD Part III - Megsychan - 06-29-2024

@jreed12

I just want to say, sincerely, thank you for the shout out. It really means a lot that my writing has made such a marked positive impact in this community. Writing, particularly RPing, is my big hobby, and ngl I haven't felt this inspired and just downright happy to write in a long time. So to hear the same happiness I get from creating, is reaching to the people reading it, just makes it all the more fun and rewarding to do so. I sincerely hope you, and everyone else, enjoys the road of Akane Saruta as she becomes the greatest safety to ever play the game.

Also, if the ISFL Weekly Mirror is so good, why don't you just simply bring it back? Sounds like a skill issue to me.

RE: REDEMPTION ROAD Part III - jreed12 - 06-30-2024

(06-29-2024, 04:30 PM)Megsychan Wrote: Also, if the ISFL Weekly Mirror is so good, why don't you just simply bring it back? Sounds like a skill issue to me.
Thats the Back-to-back Gemini Winning ISFL Weekly Mirror to you!