International Simulation Football League
hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental (/showthread.php?tid=52376)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - Akoustique - 07-18-2024

Hello, ISFL.

It has been brought to DSFL Head Office’s attention that, on multiple occasions, user @"hugheackman" violated rulebook section — Conduct Detrimental to the League; specifically, subsection IX.C.1.a Took place in a league-owned space (Rookie Server) and IX.C.1.d Contains hateful or offensive language.

hugheackman posted various distasteful remarks, including a racially-charged comment, and an offensive insult toward another team determined to be beyond the scope of typical trash talk. Conduct of this nature is unwelcome and inappropriate in the ISFL.

DSFL HO has reviewed the different situations, compared to previous cases, and, following discussion, has decided to levy the following punishment:

-hugheackman will be suspended from all league spaces for a period of four weeks, beginning today, July 18th, 2024 and ending on August 15th, 2024.
-hugheackman will be placed on a six week probationary period upon return, beginning on August 15th, 2024 and ending on September 26th, 2024. Any further rule violations during this time will result in elevated punishment.
-hugheackman will forfeit all discord payments during the probationary period.

DSFL reviewed many relevant punishments, including but not limited to, the case of agorka (https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=49621) and other CDL punishments. DSFL also considered the aspect of this user being a rookie; while we believed that in cases such as tampering, where the rules may not be as clear-cut and obvious to new users, there could be some leeway given, we did not feel CDL punishments should be given this same leeway.
It should be apparent to anyone entering a new community that there are lines that should not be crossed, and testing those lines, even while playing a character, could inevitably result in situations like this one.

As always, hugheackman is entitled to appeal this case by reaching out to @Attopax, or any member of the appeals team.

Be kind to yourself and your peers. If there’s a moment in time where you think saying something might cross a line, consider not saying it at all.

RE: hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - WALDO - 07-18-2024

surprised it took this long

RE: hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - Assistant to the POR GM - 07-18-2024

wat is tis ma, for weekz bi wld. te gretest reciver of tis genritation is gone, super praceetomal guys

RE: hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - Crazytomato - 07-18-2024

Rare HO W

edit: NVM after reading bro was not banned long enough

RE: hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - zeagle1 - 07-18-2024

remember when we used to give warnings for first offenses?
edit: jk i'm excited to not need a zoomer -> english translator in rookie chat

RE: hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - Thor - 07-18-2024

the lamb does not butt heads with the ram, lest it face a challenge to steep - heed words meant for the foolish
when god harkens his light upon thine face, it shall do little but shy away from your touch

RE: hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - HoodKirby - 07-18-2024

If I speak - especially knowing Hugh irl - I will be in genuine trouble, however I believe this to be a genuine HO L and am slightly aggrieved by some of the claims levelled at one of my friends - especially considering the (alleged) lack of communication from HO during the situation (from what I know)

RE: hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - CROney3 - 07-18-2024

In greek mythology there was a god know as Icarus, The iventer of daedalus. He flew close to the sun despite the waxed wings.

Hugheakman took an "Icarus" approach, Testing all his opptunties to trash talk, taking the opptunity to fly just close enough to the sun while having that waxxed wing still attached. But sadly that waxxed wing was more fragile then he thought or perhaps he just flew too close or even flew directly to the sun?

Hugheakman the sun flyer.

RE: hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - Gadget - 07-18-2024

Dear viewers,

I want to take a moment to apologize for the delay in starting today's live stream. I understand that you have all been eagerly waiting for the event to begin, and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Unfortunately, we experienced some technical difficulties that were out of our control, which delayed the start of the stream. We did everything we could to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, but it took longer than we had hoped.

I understand that your time is valuable, and I am sorry for any frustration or disappointment this delay may have caused. We value your support and appreciate your patience during this challenging time.

Please rest assured that we are taking steps to prevent any similar delays in the future. We are committed to providing you with a high-quality live stream experience, and we will continue to work hard to ensure that we meet your expectations.

Once again, I am sorry for the delay, and I thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

DSFL Stream Hosts

RE: hugheackman - Conduct Detrimental - Triceracop - 07-18-2024

whar wur yew when hugh wuz punneshed?