International Simulation Football League
*Paulie Wag's Extremely Informed Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Paulie Wag's Extremely Informed Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=52754)

*Paulie Wag's Extremely Informed Mock Draft - Pelochyta - 08-22-2024

I just want to open this up by saying I know approximately nothing about any of these players or any of these teams. I still haven't really
reached the point where usernames and player names match up in my head, and I probably couldn't name more than 5 or 6 ISFL teams without hints. I also have no understanding of stats other than OVR, how many players are needed at a position, or anything at all about player/roster construction. I briefly looked at the consensus first round sheet but decided that it was both cheating and a lot to compare to.

It has also been a struggle for me to:
- Figure out who the (good) draftees are (somebody posted an ISFL draft board which has a 'big board' tab and I want to
extend my sincerest thanks to you for that)
- Figure out where to find the team rosters (I think I found the right one but who knows)
and
- Figure out the draft order (there was one that somebody posted that said the top 8 were right, but it was before playoffs even started, so
how could they know??). Luckily somebody else just posted a mock so I will be taking their order.
- Figure out how to add the fancy pictures of team's logos. I have decided not to do this.

With all that said, here's my mock draft.

1.1 - Colorado Yetis (1-15)
Pick: Golden Ericksen (WR)
Analysis: The Yeti's top rated WR is 88, and then there's a big dropoff to WR2 and WR3. They seem to have a ton of defenders already, so it's time to work on the offense this time. Golden Ericksen is the top WR by TPE and that's all I need to see, put it on the board.

1.2 - Orange County Otters (3-13)
Pick: Skee Yee (DT)
Analysis: They seem to have only 2 players on the entire defensive line? That feels like a pretty obvious need to address, so I'll guess they take a top DT player here, Skee Yee.

1.3 - Honolulu Hahalua (6-10)(via Berlin Fire Salamanders)
Pick: Benjamin Abenduct (CB)
Analysis: Honolulu has two picks in a row and gets to decide who their favorite child is by picking them third. They seem to be the only team without a ton of LB and/or CB. Benjamin Abenduct has a bunch of TPE and so he'll go off the board with pick 3 to boost the CB group.

1.4 - Honolulu Hahalua (6-10)
Pick: Pizza Monster (LB)
Analysis: Like I mentioned in my expert analysis, it seems like Honolulu needs both CB and LB. They'll scoop up the one and only Pizza Monster to secure one player at each of those positions, and shore up the defense.

1.5 - Austin Copperheads (7-9)
Pick: Honda Civic (WR)
Analysis: I honestly do not understand how a playoff team ended up with the 5th pick? That confuses me. I feel like even though they only have 2 CB, since they're both 100 OVR, they don't need another one. It seems like SS or WR would be the only spots of need and I've made my thoughts on Honda Civic clear in discord. Let's make it happen.

1.6 - New York Silverbacks (7-9)
Pick: Traffic Cone (OL)
Analysis: Why does nobody have SS? Is that a thing? Their roster sheet says that their entire O-Line is robots so they need to get a
human in there. Can't let the robots take our jobs. Traffic Cone steps up in a big spot.

1.7 - Cape Town Crash (8-8)
Pick: Victoire Absolue (S)
Analysis: I feel like the last 4 teams have just had all 100 OBR CBs. How is a CB supposed to get picked at this point? I think their safeties could use some work, so it'll be Victoire Absolue off the board. That feels like a good South African name. How come he's not absolute, though, is my question. Might be a character concern down the line.

1.8 - Osaka Kaiju (9-7)
Pick: William Strong (CB)
Analysis: I think this team could use a CB. The whole team is filled with 100 OVR players it feels like. How'd they only go 9-7? William Strong, strong like the Kaiju, goes here.

1.9 - Sarasota Sailfish (10-6)
Pick: Jonathan Dailey (DT)
Analysis: I think a defensive line pick is the only one that makes sense here from what I'm seeing on the team page. Jonathan Dailey is the next man up in the DT group - I think I mentioned somewhere else that the DTs way outpace the DEs on TPE so it'll be another DT.

1.10 - San Jose SaberCats (11-5)
Pick: Jordan Drapal (OL)
Analysis: I feel like Sabercats should only have one capital letter. Just my thoughts. San Jose loses out on the D-Line pick they were targeting and have to pivot. They'll swap to an offensive pick and scoop up Jordan Drapal to boost their offensive line.

1.11 - Arizona Outlaws (9-7)
Pick: JamesIsRunning Wilder (RB)
Analysis: Arizona made the conference championship round, so I'm assuming they pick 11th and not up there with the other teams who lost in the round before.
The outlaws, as implied by their name, refuse to follow logic and instead grab a running back with their 9th pick. JamesIsRunning Wilder becomes the first one off the board just before the picks hit double digits.

1.12 - Yellowknife Wraiths (13-3)
Pick: Tee Bone (LB)
Analysis: The Wraiths don't seem to have a ton of linebackers. At this point in the process all the teams are blending together. 7 picks after the first LB went off the board, the Wraiths select Tee Bone.

1.13 - New Orleans Secondline (12-4)
Pick: Casper Constantine (CB)
Analysis: Wow, an absolutely stacked defense for this team. Look at those safeties and linemen! The only starter under 85 OVR is a cornerback, so I think I know what their pick will be. Casper Constantine, welcome to the Secondline, put it on the board.

1.14 - Baltimore Hawks (11-5)
Pick: Akane Saruta (S)
Analysis: Last but not least is Baltimore. I guess by putting them here I'm saying that they won the Ultimus, so congrats on that. Stacked roster from the looks of it. I think the best move would be to add a safety to an already strong defense. I think the best safety on the board now is Akane Saruta, taken to close out the first round.

If, for some reason, you're still reading this I want to say thank you and that I'm sorry for wasting your time with all my terrible picks.

RE: *Paulie Wag's Extremely Informed Mock Draft - unconfident - 08-22-2024

Best mock yet

RE: *Paulie Wag's Extremely Informed Mock Draft - br0_0ker - 08-22-2024

pizza aint going 1.04, way too early

RE: *Paulie Wag's Extremely Informed Mock Draft - slothfacekilla - 08-22-2024

Hey that's my [current] umpire partner! Good stuff man, as a new user it isn't easy to put out a mock like this