International Simulation Football League
*Under the Wire S50 User Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Under the Wire S50 User Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=52761)

*Under the Wire S50 User Mock Draft - Amkamkamk - 08-23-2024

Welcome back to the S50 Edition of the User Mock Draft, where a collection of rookies, TMoney and Lemon, do an in-depth mock draft.
This was our biggest st group of drafters yet, and we beat the odds getting this thing over the finish line in time.

For the first time, we're doing a bonus 4th round!

We did this draft ... a while ago. So the order is wild, the trades aren't reflected, and it's still a good time!

Our drafters:

@bachirafan HON
@HoodKirby AUS & BAL
@kdr NYS 
@Knif3yMan87 OCO
@MrKrumz ARI 
@lemonoppy SAR 
@lunaripcole YKW
@scottyw13 SJS
@SoySavant CTC
@tbhidgas462 NOLA & BER
@Tmoney6996 OSK
@YetiTaz COL

Send complaints to @oknom.

Round 1
1.01 - COL COL COL - @slate - Alexander Hordle Jr - LB - DAL DAL
Alexander Hordle, Jr. The Colorado Yeti aren’t as in desperate need of players as they are just in need of their current players to build and grow. Unless they can get someone who will be able to make an immediate impact upon callup. As a rookie, Hordle is far and away the DPOTY in the DSFL. Doing the same thing upon callup to the ISFL immediately makes the Yeti a team to be feared.

1.02 - HON HON HON - @br0_0ker - Pizza Monster - LB - LON LON
I'll admit this was a bit rushed, as I didn't want to hold up the drafting process, especially since I've also got 1.04 coming soon as well. However, I definitely think this pick is a solid one (I wouldn't have made it otherwise!). br0_0ker is a vet to the league, with their first player a S15 create, and ultimately I see a couple big needs for Honolulu off the bat: Safety and Linebacker. Safety is easily their biggest need, but in a class as deep as this S50 class is, I can hold off on taking one until 1.04. Instead, I take Pizza Monster here who has a solid claim to being the top LB in this class. With Maxwell Jacob Friedman hitting regression, the Hahalua will need a new LB to fill in, and Pizza Monster will be the perfect rookie to fill in there. With knowledge of the league and a top TPE-earning player, the Hahalua bolster their defense in a big way.

1.03 - OCO Orange County Otters OCO - @Daileyj6 - Jonathan Dailey - DE - MINN MIN
With their first pick in the Season 50 draft, I have the Orange County Otters taking Jonathan Dailey at #3 overall from the Minnesota Ducks of the DSFL. Originally a member of the Florida Gators in college, Dailey is a stout defensive line prospect clocking in at 6'3" and nearly 300 pounds. He's a versatile player that I first met during the Prospect Bowl series and seems like the type of player who will do whatever it takes to help his team win. Dailey is also a new re-create, which is something I think plenty of teams will place priority value on this draft. The Otters are in need of defensive line help; mostly at DT, however I feel as though Dailey is athletic enough to play a few spots on the starting defensive line if need be. Dailey has already proven himself this season with his play for the 2nd place Ducks; he's got 25 tackles and 2 sacks through 9 games and has been a true anchor on the D-line for Minnesota. With a draft deep with re-created talent, some might say that this pick is a bit of a reach. However, I think Dailey is perhaps one of the best new-creates in this draft which makes him perfect for the third overall pick with his blend of new player enthusiasm, top TPE earner, solid bank balance, and positional need for OCO.  With so much high-end talent in this draft, I think it will be difficult to predict exactly where Daily will end up, however I do think he's got the right blend of assets to go early in the first round to any team that needs defensive line help.

1.04 - HON HON HON - @"tbhigdas462" - Taonga Kofi - S - BBB BBB
This one caused a bit of shock in the draft chat! As I said, this safety class is LOADED, and that's none the more evident by Taonga being an eighth round DSFL prospect but in previous weeks they should have shot up big boards all over the ISFL. I could have taken myself here, or other top TPE safeties like O'Fare, Saruta, or Absolue, but tbhigdas462 (or midknight on Discord) has been the most active safety over the past couple weeks and while I don't doubt that some of the top candidates are yapping away in their team servers as well, what I have to go on is that Kofi is a max-earner who is going to be an excellent presence for any team to pick up for their LR. Easily a top if not *the* top S candidate in this draft.

1.05 - OSK OSK OSK  - @Bigred1580 - William Strong - CB - DAL DAL
While CB may not be the highest need for the Kaiju, it’s definitely starting to approach the point where they need an heir apparent in the secondary. With Owidhuse hitting their 2nd level of regression, Cravy in their 4th, and only 1 secondary player younger than S44, it seems smart to take a high earning, known quantity with this pick.

That being said, Bigred is also my personal dreampick here, so let me have this in this make believe made-up draft. OSK wins the draft for this pick alone.

1.06 - NYS NYS NYS  - @DarknessRising - Ferdinand Hyde - LB - MINN MIN
So, I am now the GM of the New York Silverbacks, they are from a great state. We have been in the bottom half of the league for a few seasons and again have a high pick, but this just means we are ready to turn it around.  So, looking at the roster and analyzing what we need for the S50 draft.  On offense it might look like our strength, but with Lynchpin Frank Dux announcing his retirement, it is a position that is relatively high on our radar because of the importance it plays.  However, with strong RBs on the board like J. Wilder and L. Hlinka, I think we will be good later.  So, our defense.  We have players going through regression at every position.  Also, taking into consideration that we have gotten young players in the past few drafts at every position except LB. With two already off the board, that is our play here.  Now we have 3 options as I see it.  The new create of JC Tomlinson who seems good and active, along with 2 recreates in Tee Bone and Ferndinand Hyde.
And with our first pick 6th overall, the New York Silverbacks are pleased to welcome, DarknessRising’s Ferdinand Hyde from Minnesota to the team.  The track record of two long time past creates was too much to pass up here.  He has been playing well in his first season in Minn.  After 9 games he has 48 tackles, 4 for a loss, 1 forced fumble, 2 Interceptions and 3 Passes Defended.  Again welcome to the team.

1.07 - ARI AZ ARI - @Schnee - Benjamin Abenduct - CB - KCC KCC
Benjamin Abenduct is the player with the highest overall TPE in the the draft, and falling to 7th almost seems disrespectful. In a safety heavy draft, and weak at CB this fills a hole on an aging defense that has been struggling. AZ defense has nearly a negative hundred point differential at the time of writing this, and giving up the 3rd highest amount of points. The defense is in dire need of help. Benjamin could be called up immediately, or stay down another year, but AZ is staring down the barrel of a rebuild, and grabbing the highest earner in this draft is a good way to kick it off. And starting a much needed youth movement for this defense.

1.08 - CTC CTC CTC  - @qWest - I.Q. Bowman - CB - NOR NOR
This pick almost felt unfair. That’s not even to say the 7 picks before were bad selections, this draft is just that loaded at the top. However, Bowman is someone I feel could make a case for #1 overall (and almost certainly would be in a less stacked class) and it felt like such a big win to get this kind of talent at #8. For starters, qWest is an active user with a very strong history in this league including multiple high-earning players in the past. Seeing Bowman’s 221 TPE as of this writing, it seems he will be no different. Coming into this draft, CB was a position I was really wanting to address early, and bringing Bowman on board felt like a slam dunk to get things started.

1.09 - SJS SJS SJS  - @kdr - JamesIsRunning Wilder - RB - POR POR
For San Jose's first round pick, I have them going with JamesIsRunning Wilder, RB for the Portland Pythons. Wilder is a strong halfback prospect out of Missouri who stands at 6'0" even and just over 200lbs. San Jose is in need of a strong running back of the future and Wilder fits that bill perfectly. Wilder is on pace to eclipse 1,000 yards rushing in the DSFL this season for the Pythons. He sports a strong average of nearly 5 yards per attempt while leading the Pythons to a playoff spot in the DSFL. Wilder is also one of the top leading TPE earners with a strong bank. As a new create this makes Wilder very appealing as a potential future running back star in the ISFL.

1.10 - SAR SAR SAR  - @Seven Arrows - Golden Ericksen - WR - BBB BBB
Was pretty surprised to get Sarasota, not for any particular reason, but just that I hadn’t considered their roster in a bit as they are an out of conference opponent. Sarasota is doing well this season, like they usually do, currently holding at 9-4 and in a great spot to get the 1 seed. Their roster is built quite well, although they are lacking at the offensive skill positions, Ace Anderson is quickly going to age but Twenty6 and Zigzag Zipstep should slot right in, at the WR spot they’re pretty much deadge it looks like, well, not dead but just kinda old and needing someone to really step up for the career of Bugs to pop off.

The Sarasota oline is propped up mostly by bots so that’ll be a priority as well. The DL is kinda in the same spot as the WRs and the LBs are going to be solid and great for a bit. The DBs should hold up quite well going forward, especially if WFM hangs around.

I wanted to take a WR here because Seven Arrows is kind of the top guy, a new player who’s max earning, and the drop down to someone like Honda Civic is untenable because of relations to previous teams. I could see waiting for MrKrumz but I’m happy to take one of the top earning new creates here.

1.11 - AUS AUS AUS  - @rapideagle - Casper Constantine - CB - KCC KCC
Not a difficult pick for me really, with CBs few and far in this class, and with a run already commencing on them, it was the only sensible pick to make, with KCC needing some future in the CB section of the Secondary. Casper earns well and has a good balance on him, a look to the future for Austin.

1.12 - YKW YKW YKW  - @Big Edd - Skee Yee - DT - NOR NOR
It was clear to me upon first glance that Yellowknife was in need of a Defensive tackle, with one tackle in regression and the second one getting ready to start theirs, so when a high TPE DT was on the board by the time it came to my pick, I had to jump on it.

1.13 - BAL BAL BAL  - @DREAMSLOTH - Challah Famer - QB - TIJ TIJ
‘Don’t go for a QB in R1’ - HoodKirby in the rookie draft server pre-draft. What can I say? All my other picks got taken and Baltimore actually really need a QB. Might as well start the run myself with a great recreate from my own (non-biased) locker room. If I followed my own advice then I’d be terrible at drafting oops. This is a high earner with a fat bank account that will be a starting Qb for years (seasons) to come.

1.14 - NOLA NOLA NOLA  - @"Confurius Dethwillinbach" - Confurius DeThwilson - QB - BBB BBB
The favorites to repeat as title contenders, NOLA is in a really good spot right now as a competing team. The biggest need for NOLA is a tie between DLine and QB, with a bunch of aging DL and a QB reaching regression. With the top 2 DL off the board, I was able to go with my favorite pick here, Conf. As a max earner and amazing person, he fills their position of need quite easily and was my ideal pick here.

Round 2

2.01 - COL COL COL - @SoySavant - Traffic Cone - OL - MINN MIN
Traffic Cone. Yes, I will take an OL this early. With unearning bots filling most offensive lines, a young team growing needs a human offensive lineman to grow with it. And his name is Traffic Cone! You can’t beat that!

2.02 - CTC CTC CTC  - @Beck - Tee Bone - LB - DAL DAL
I won’t lie, this was a tough pick to make. There was a lot of talent to choose from that I didn’t expect to still be there (essentially all the top safeties, for instance) and if this were the real deal, I would have been tearing through my scouting notes on all these top prospects. In the end, though, Tee Bone was the player who best fit both positional need and what I was looking for in a user this high in the draft. Beck is another user who’s been in the league for a while now and has a track record of high-earning players, with a current player who seems to be going the same way (195 TPE as of now). LB was another position I wanted to hit early and I was hyped to get a player of this caliber in the 2nd (side note: WOW this LB class is looking nuts).

2.03 - OCO Orange County Otters OCO - @HoodKirby - Thurman Waters - DT - TIJ TIJ
For Orange County's first of two 2nd round selections, I went with another familiar face from the Prospect Bowl series in Thurman Waters. On the surface, this pick looks a bit misguided given that I already selected a DE in the first round and OCO has other needs. However, the defensive side of the ball is loaded this draft and in sticking with my theme, Waters was simply too tempting to pass up here in the 2nd round. Another new-create player, Thurman Waters is one of the highest TPE earners in the class and is very active in the community to start their career. Some might even predict that Waters could end up having the better career than Dailey in the long run. However, OCO's defensive line needs would be filled for the next 10+ seasons by taking both Waters and Dailey. On top of that, you add a 2nd new user to the locker room which again is something I think plenty of teams will be putting priority on. Waters is an international prospect out of England who has been an absolute standout on the Tijuana team. He's racked up nearly 50 tackles in 9 games to go with 3 sacks. He's a dominating force in the middle of the defensive line with versatility to play on the edge when called upon. I think he's an absolute steal in the 2nd round and partnering him with Dailey enhances both selections as they'll complement one another on defense.

2.04 - BER BER BER - @Megsychan - Akane Saruta - S - DAL DAL
Berlin is in a unique situation here without their first round pick, and a decent amount of blatant needs, notably S, DL/OL, and their QB of the future. This is a loaded safety class, with 7 premier safeties all over 230 TPE as of this writing. This led to an extremely hard decision to be made here, with only one safety off the board and 6 people who individually deserve to be drafted higher than this. I personally would’ve been fine with megsychan, parky, bachirafan, kipp, alf, and DC here, but unfortunately only had one pick, and went with what I thought was the most realistic that Gadget would pick here. Megsychan is an amazing user, sadly a stinky dallas birddog, but a max earner and easily worthy of this pick (too low imo, too many safeties this class sadly).

2.05 - OSK OSK OSK  - @parky - Victoire Asbolue - S - LON LON
I stuck with the same theme here: rebuild the secondary. Again, there are other holes that probably need to be filled here, grabbing a safety right before the big safety run started, in a very deep safety draft felt like the right call. Parky was an excellent scout and seems like a great fit for a Kaiju team that wants to set themselves up for the future and help continue the cultural reset that the rebrand started. Slam dunk pick if I do say so myself.

Yes, there are other needs for all you Kaiju believers out there. We’ll get to those, don’t worry!

2.06 - NYS NYS NYS - @bachirafan - Meguru Bachira - S -POR POR
So, here we are again.  We got our LB with our first pick and are happy.  And with our favorite RB, Wilder, off the board at this point I think we will go defense again with this pick.  DT we have two older players, but also two very young players.  I think we will look into the defensive backfield with this pick and go with safety, especially with two going right before.  However, luckily for us, our favorite pick is still on the board.

With our second pick of the draft, and 20th overall, the New York Silverbacks welcome bachirafan’s Maguru Bachira from Portland to the team.  We have heard good things about this new players presence in a LR, he has been active in things like the Community Mock draft and think he will be an asset.  In his first year (9 gms) in Portland he has 48 tackles; 2 forced fumbles; 1 fumble recovery; 2 Interceptions and 8 passes defended.  Showing talent both in the pass game and stopping the run.

2.07 - ARI AZ ARI - @Bradkipp - Kipp Summers - S - NOR NOR
This draft is loaded with safety talent, and Bradkipp is no exception. Kipp is everything you want as the last line of defense for your team, and has been known to chase down opposing receivers, and stop them on their breakaways. Though he does not need to stay there and has expressed interest in moving to MLB, or CB. The versatility in position make Kipp an interesting pick, as he could theoretically fill a hole at any level of the defense. Kipp is a highly active player, and at pick 21 feels like you’re getting more than your money’s worth

2.08 - OCO Orange County Otters OCO - @Knif3yMan87 - J.C. Tomlinson - LB - POR POR
A bit of a controversial pick, I went with myself here using OCO's extra 2nd round selection. If you've been following my player's history, then my draft strategy should be getting a bit clearer now. I hadn't planned it this way necessarily, yet once Waters had slipped to me and Tomlinson was still available it was too tempting to pass up the opportunity to re-unite Dailey, Waters & Tomlinson who all played together on the Baja Prospect Bowl team. This would be the 3rd selection on defense that checks similar boxes as the first two; new player, high earner, versatility, and team first mentality. Tomlinson has 57 tackles and 6 sacks through 9 games; impressive numbers even for a class loaded with amazing Linebackers, we also know Tomlinson was originally a DE and certainly willing to move again. This is why picking Tomlinson with OCO's third pick makes sense even with two star-defenders already selected ahead of him; 3 new players who want to win and are willing to move around.  The possibilities would be endless on defense to run whatever scheme you want for the next decade. I also think this would be a key locker room addition, as some of the friendships already formed coming into the locker room together could help transform a rebuilding club for years to come.

2.09 - SJS SJS SJS  - @Symmetrik - Sebastian Rosenthal - LB - NOR NOR
Syracuse University. Rosenthal checks in at 6'0" 235 pounds and has been a standout linebacker for the Norfolk Seawolves of the DSFL.  This draft class is overflowing with top quality linebacker prospects and Sebastian is easily one of the top LBs of this deep class. Rosenthal has been leading the Seawolves to a first-place finish in the South Division with nearly 90 tackles, 10 sacks, and one interception through 13 games. San Jose is in need of defensive help and Rosenthal should be able to slot in as a defensive leader almost immediately. Rosenthal is a re-create who will likely continue to be a top TPE earner with a healthy bank; meaning he should easily develop into a reliable star on the San Jose defense for many seasons to come.

2.10 - SAR SAR SAR  - @YetiTaz - Holden Affart - LB - TIJ TIJ
I think this is where I realized that all these fellow drafters are scrubs. How do I get a true rookie so late??? Yeti is clearly a top prospect in the draft, and I think he was overlooked because of a raw TPE number thing, which isn’t as relevant when drafting these new rooks. I think that there are better positional fits, but you can’t pass up a round’s worth of value here.

I had an inkling that I was gonna crush this draft after seeing these FOOLS not pick up a top rookie. This draft is so free, Sarasota would be ecstatic with this one, I’m telling ya.

2.11 - SJS SJS SJS  - @RDBSouthPaw - Larton Hilnka - RB - POR POR
For San Jose's second selection in this round, I went with a bit of a surprise selection here in taking another running back out of Portland. Larton Hilnka is a bowling ball type running back prospect standing stout at 5'11" and 240 pounds out of Syracuse University.  Hilnka has been splitting time behind Wilder on the Portland Pythons this season, yet Larton has had a strong season of his own with over 500 yards rushing, 2 TDs, and a 4.7 yards per rush average. Some might think that taking 2 RBs this early is a bit of an oversight, however it is my feeling that stocking up with 2 strong backs with the opportunity to potentially convert one of them to another position gives SJS a ton of options and long term stability in the backfield. Larton is a strong re-create prospect who will clearly be a top TPE earner with a solid bank throughout his career. Having 2 strong backs would be a luxury, and as previously mentioned it would give the team flexibility to possibly change one of their positions or even trade one of them away to fill another need. Regardless, picking this kind of potential in the 2nd round is too good to pass up and I don't believe anyone could go wrong with selecting Hilnka.

2.12 - YKW YKW YKW  - @Alf - Linz O'Fare - S - NOR NOR
I don’t think Safety was a definite need for Yellowknife, however, this class has seen an overload of phenomenal safeties and I didn’t want to miss out on that, so I grabbed Linz O’Fare. O’Fare was also spoken highly by the other Norfolk Safety, and my brother, Kipp Summers.

2.13 - BAL BAL BAL  - @benrb97 - Zach Ovtroy - DT - LON LON
I was actually going to pick myself here but somebody rudely drafted me much earlier. So I took the highest TPE DLineman left on the board. It’s what Baltimore need most outside of QB. I really have no other reasoning for this pick. I’d love to say it’s something about the user, or how great and powerful they are. But they’re just the best option available. So congratulations to benrb97 for that.

2.14 - AUS AUS AUS  - @unconfident - Honda Civic - WR - MINN MIN
A position of need again, and with a very strong class at WR not much makes a player a standout. Except for the fact that Honda Civic is a former AUS GM. Maybe that sways them if he’s here at this pick. Maybe it doesn’t. Either way, for me it’s a culture fit and a positional fit. Can’t really frown on the pick even before the links to the team in my opinion.

Round 3

3.01 - COL COL COL - @ManningTypeAim - Prime Sanders - CB - KCC KCC
Prime Sanders. Not only is he going to be a playmaker, once his playing days are over, he can join the coaching staff and become Coach Prime.

3.02 - HON HON HON - @MrKrumz - Kal Summers Jr. - WR - TIJ TIJ
With the top two defensive positions filled, I turn my attention to the offense. Reggie Battle is young but growing, but with Malik Brooks entering regression and A Waffle to follow in the coming seasons, I think Honolulu looks to prepare for the future and take one of the many WRs that fell in the draft due to the early run of defensive talent taken. Taking the second of the Summers quadruplets is a no-brainer to me here. The Summers squad has three of the best personalities in the class, and Kal will be ready to ascend to the ISFL in time to take over for Brooks and Waffle as they regress.

3.03 - OCO Orange County Otters OCO - @The.Pat - Joe Cool - WR - LON LON
With a draft class loaded with defensive talent it shouldn't be surprising that so many offensive players slipped in our mock draft. However, I was still shocked that I was able to fill one of OCO's primary needs with such a high caliber player in the 3rd round. Joe Cool is the hottest receiver on the hottest team in the DSFL through 9 weeks; the London Royals are 8-1 while Joe Cool is leading the team with 741 receiving yards and 5 receiving TDs. I think OCO would be excited to get this guy in their locker room as he's another new player to the community with plenty of upside. In this mock draft, Joe Cool would be able to slot right in as a contributing WR for the Otters without any pressure on his shoulders with 3 defensive selections coming before him. Some of the big boards have Joe Cool going as high as a late first / early second round talent so I was obviously blown away to be able to get him in in the early third. He's a high TPE earner with a growing bank and has clearly shown he has the tools to be a #1 WR in the league given the opportunity.

3.04 - BER BER BER - @BlitzAce71 - Jack Cannon - QB - NOR NOR
As stated above, a huge need for Berlin was taking a QB of the future. With only Challah Famer and Confurius taken, it was my pick of the litter from Pasta Rockmann, Jack Cannon, and No Pix. While I did think that I could wait till 3.13 and take a really good one later, I had to secure the future and go with what I think BER would do, taking in my opinion the second best QB of the draft and a home run pick.

3.05 - OSK OSK OSK  - @lunaripcole - Dalinar Summers - RB - LON LON
Being able to grab a max earning RB in the 3rd is absolute insanity. It also goes to speak to the defensive depth that’s in this draft that a RB of this caliber fell this far. The Summers brothers are popping up all over the place and Osaka gets another dynamic back to add to the team in a few seasons. It gives them flexibility with Triceracop and Doug, and 3 viable options on a team without a true receiving threat beyond Nah’sim.

Those in Osaka said they needed a RB, so here you go knuckleheads.

3.06 - NYS NYS NYS  - @"Cinco de la trade" - Federico Cinco - RB - MINN MIN
We are having a good draft so far and I think now has to be the time to grab that RB we need.  Some good backs have gone so far.  However, we still have one of our favorites left.  We are going to go back to a team that has worked out so far for us.  We have heard very good things about this player and are glad he slipped down to round three for us to scoop up.
With our 3rd pick and the 40th overall, the New York Silverbacks are proud to welcome to the team, cinco de la tarde’s Frederico Cinco from Minnesota.  He is playing well with our last RB draft pick and maybe that will be recreated when they get to the big time.  In the 9 game season at Minn he has 5 starts Att:78 yds:377 for a 4.8 yds/att  5TD and chipped in 10 pancakes. A very good start in a good backfield.

3.07 - ARI AZ ARI - @Deecee98 - David Corrigan - S - BBB BBB
The youth movement on defense continues as AZ drafts David Corrigan in the third round. The loud mouthed safety has been an enforcer on the field. Being listed as a CB and safety gives added versatility, that gives AZ more flexibility for Defensive FA. As of writing this he is the 5th highest TPE for safety in this draft. DC is available here due to some off field issues, as well as the over depth of Safety in this class. DC feels like a steal here in the 3rd round, and other teams could end up kicking themselves for not taking him before AZ. This gives AZ the much needed injection of talent, and youth on the Defensive side of the ball.

3.08 - CTC CTC CTC  - @TheSparkyDee - David Hudgens IV - DE - NOR NOR
You know, do you really even need an offense when you could just win every game through safeties and pick-sixes? Because with this pick, I think that’s what the future could hold for Cape Town (I mean no offense to the offensive guys haha). With no 4th rounder, this is where my draft comes to an end and I think this was a great way to put a bow on the future defensive core of the Crash. TheSparkyDee is a solid user who I can see has been around the block a couple of times with some nice past players and a great start with Hudgens at 161 TPE (can you tell I have a type?). More DL is always nice to have and it felt like a win to land Hudgens IV (my DE2 in this class) in the 3rd. With this pick, I’ve been able to get some fresh talent at every level for the CTC defense and I think all 3 of these guys could be frustrating offenses for years to come.

3.09 - SJS SJS SJS - @JaytheGreat - Jake Spears - LB - DAL DAL
For SJS's 4th overall pick in the draft, we're headed back to the LB well to pickup Jake Spears off the DSFL's Dallas Birddogs squad. This draft class is very deep with linebacker prospects and Spears is perhaps one of the better prospects so it is a surprise that he slipped this far to us here in the late third. Spears is 6'1" 250 pounds who came up through the Michigan Wolverine system which is fitting because scouts are saying he plays linebacker like a vicious wolverine. With 83 tackles on the season, Spears has been a true workhorse for the Dallas squad which currently sits in 2nd place in the South. Spears is definitely a leader on the defense and is hoping to help lead the Birddogs to a DSFL playoff appearance this season. Spears is also a re-create with a strong TPE track record and a stable bank. Spears should be a can't-miss selection in this draft and SJS would be thrilled to land the linebacker here in the late third round.

3.10 - SAR SAR SAR  - @124715 - Jurisprudence Jones - OL - DAL DAL
NUMBERS IN THE LATE 3RD AT OL????? Unless Numbers has some weird demands for his play time, this is absolutely crazy. Sarasota desperately needs an OL player who will play LT and crush it, and I’ve got him for FREE. What the heck. 5/5 no notes.

3.11 - AUS AUS AUS  - @"hugheackman" - Hugh Eackman - WR - LON LON
lol Hugh Eackman. On a real note, am I sure why I picked Hugh here (especially after already drafting a WR)? No. Is it funny? Maybe. Did I want to stiff arm the other users into having no more WR options? Yes. Do I think Hugh could actually go R3? I mean people think Big Edd is a locked on first rounder, so we’ll see. Hugh (despite being Hugh he is (see what I did there?)) does earn well and allegedly contributes positively to the London locker room. Make of this pick what you will.

3.12 - YKW YKW YKW  - @noanic - Ted Marshall - LB - KCC KCC
I also don’t think LB was an immediate necessity for this team, but letting Ted Marshall sit for a couple seasons in the DSFL and then bringing him up as the older LBs go into regression was what I was envisioning. I also gotta shout out the HIMYM reference, goated show, goated player.

3.13 - BER BER BER - @TheDrapFather - Jordan Drapal - OL - DAL DAL
Ok why was he still here? While you could argue Rush Templeton was the pick that would best address their positions of need, TheDrapFather was far and away much better than the pack TPE wise and while I might not know that much about the other users available around this time, Drap has been an active and engaged member of the community, and an amazing user. All in all, I really just had to go BPA (best personality available) here.

3.14 - NOLA NOLA NOLA  - @GarySnailWilson - Carl Wheezer - WR - TIJ TIJ
With offensive positions falling like crazy due to defensive runs, NOLA looks towards the future, taking a WR that is a succession plan for their aging WRs. While not an immediate need for the team, Carl is in a tier of his own TPE wise out of the remaining players, and helps the team not need to worry about their future at WR, setting up them with a WR to succeed the generation of Tmoney and Andre Benn.

Round 4

4.01 - COL COL COL - @cyberowl - Rush Templeton - DE - DAL DAL
Rush Templeton. The game is won in the trenches. We have strengthened the Colorado offensive line, now we add to the defensive line. Rush the quarterback. Protect the quarterback.

4.02 - HON HON HON - @Sevrin - Sevrin Quinn - RB - BBB BBB
Surprise 4th round! I will say I was a bit sad to miss out on Rush Templeton, who would've been a good addition to a Honolulu defensive front that wouldn't say no to a fresh body in the middle. However, Colorado got to them first. My 'consolation', if you can call it that, is to add to the future offensive juggernaut I can see the Hahalua having. In the S49 draft, Honolulu drafted Sweet Sweet Ganjasmoke, officially listed as a running back, but with the ability to play wideout as well. This pick allows for flexibility for Honolulu, allowing Ganjasmoke to be a flexible weapon in the backfield and out wide, and adds a running back that will be dangerous in their own right just in time to take over for Stetson David. A young trio of Ganjasmoke, Kal Summers Jr., and Quinn will be a monster threat for teams to deal with in the future.

4.03 - COL COL COL - @jayamshah99 - Travis Novak - WR - BBB BBB
Travis Novak. And, here, we are giving the quarterback someone to throw to.

4.04 - BAL BAL BAL  - @Luciddreams702 - Eric Cartman - TE - LON LON
Maybe I missed out on a better TE, but I like the pick personally. Earns decently, is relatively active and is a good backup for certain. There can be no qualms with the quality of a fourth rounder. If he comes good, Baltimore have a steal, if he doesn’t? Then he plugs a hole as a backup in a position where not many choose to play.

4.05 - OSK OSK OSK  - @scottyw13 - Scott Wickerd - WR - POR POR
FINALLY. One of my draft sweethearts, and I’m beyond excited I was able to grab them. Again, grabbing someone this motivated and earning well enough in the 4th is incredible value, and fills a need for Osaka. Scotty is another great scout (like much of this class), and really is going to help turn whatever offense he ends up on around. Thankfully the Kaiju are able to grab him here.

4.06 - NYS NYS NYS  - @Tayjay - Chunky Cambell Soup - OL - DAL DAL
Now we get down to the tough choices, players normally get scarce going into the 4th round, but this is a very deep draft class for the 50th year.  Now, we could go say defense again and shore up our DT situation.  But, a wise old-time scout player told me that you can never go wrong at this point with a human Offensive Lineman.
With our 4th pick and ? overall the New York Silverbacks are very please to welcome back an old friend, TeeJay’s Chuncky Cambell Soup from Dallas. His last create was a longtime good QB for us.  Welcome back TeeJay.  In his 9 games in Dallas this year he had 32 pancakes and only allowed 1 sack.
And that concludes our draft this year.  We welcome all our new players.

4.07 - OCO Orange County Otters OCO - @dude_man - No Pix - QB - KCC KCC
With 4 selections under my belt already, and the 2 primary positional needs filled, at this point I decided to turn my focus on best value available. I know this class is deep with re-creates, especially on defense, however I suppose I underestimated how many ISFL teams had major defensive needs... Whatever the reasoning, I was absolutely floored that No Pix was still available in the middle of the fourth round. No Pix is a re-create that is also a top TPE earner with one of the highest bank balances for players in this draft. Getting Pix at this draft position is an absolute steal; it would provide OCO a huge boost in roster luxury to have such value at a key position. Understanding that OCO already has their QB of the future, No Pix could immediately serve as a high-end insurance policy should their existing QB plan fail OR become a highly valuable trade asset that could be moved to fill another more immediate need beyond QB. If the actual draft goes this heavy on defense and No Pix gets drafted outside of the 1st round; that may go down as one of the biggest draft misses ever. Regardless of where Pix ends up selected, I believe he will be a future star QB in the league for many seasons.

4.08 - OCO Orange County Otters OCO - @Otis B - Otis Boudreaux, Jr - WR - DAL DAL
Having back-to-back picks in the 4th round and with so much offensive talent still available from the run on defenders early... I decided to return to another positional need for OCO in going with Otis Boudreaux Jr out of Dallas. Boudreaux is an exciting WR talent, at 6'5" and 230 pounds he's a large target who has racked up some good numbers in the DSFL. He's got 38 catches for 515 yards and 3 TDs through 9 games. Boudreaux may not be a top TPE/Bank earner so far, as he's slightly behind the earlier pick Joe Cool. However, I still think that he's a solid WR prospect with plenty of upside. Teams are always in need of receivers, and you simply can't coach natural gifts like 6'5" and elite hands. I think Otis is a bit of a steal in the 4th round and that OCO would be more than thrilled to add a 2nd top-end receiver to their draft class. Depending on variances in TPE earning and other variables, I would really expect Otis Boudreaux to go earlier than the first round by the time the actual draft comes around. If he in fact does slip, someone will be going home happy with a talented WR with a high ceiling for potential.

4.09 - SJS SJS SJS  - @BenDover - Pasta Rockman - QB - POR POR
For San Jose's final selection in this mock draft, I went back to Portland to pickup their leadman, Quarterback Pasta Rockman.  Rockman got off to a slow start in the DSFL this season but has recently turned up the heat. Pasta Rockman has thrown for 2,800+ yards and 23 passing touchdowns en route to leading the Pythons to a playoff spot in DSFL this season. Rockman is a re-create who is towards the top of the listings for all TPE earners in this draft class. Rockman also sports a massive bank account which should ensure that picking Rockman comes with little to no risk. Not every team is in need of QBs, which may explain why Rockman slipped so far into the 4th round of this mock draft. Regardless, if this were to happen the San Jose team would be more than thrilled to pick up Rockman. Even if they don't have immediate QB needs, Rockman would provide a strong insurance policy at the most important position in the game. If they decided they didn't need another QB, Rockman could easily be traded in a deal to fill another immediate need. This seems like a can't miss prospect regardless of positional needs. The value Rockman provides as a potential trade piece or a future QB star is simply too good of a deal to pass up this late in the draft.

4.10 - SAR SAR SAR  - @jdourtled - Baldimir Fraudiola - TE - TIJ TIJ
At this point in the draft, it really is more about figuring out the history of user in this spot, and seeing that I had a player who has had a 900 and 1100 TPE player in the past, felt kinda forced into the pick, by which I mean, I was “forced” into taking a fantastic player since all the other drafters are dumb and must be scored less than I am because this is a 10/10 draft.

I don’t love TEs but with the buffs and maybe a swap in the future, I think this is a great choice for the Sailfish.

4.11 - AUS AUS AUS  - @Air Crou - Guess Who - RB - KCC KCC
Want the truth? It’s round 4 and I can’t remember why I picked this player. I think AUS need a future RB? But not like badly? So it’s a good mid earning pick at this point who’ll sit for a while? Not sure. Don’t remember. Sure to be a good pick though because I said so.

4.12 - YKW YKW YKW  - @KnowledgeBoy - Okuyasu Nijimura - OL - MINN MIN
For my last pick of the mock draft, I grabbed Okuyasu Nijimura. Okuyasu hasn’t been the most active, but you can always benefit from more linemen in my opinion. That’s why I think he was the best choice of the remaining candidates on the board, plus Jojo reference OP.

4.13 - BER BER BER - @moonchildxox - Luna Moon - LB - BBB BBB
Here I just had to take the steal of the draft. While LB might not be exactly what BER needs, with two aging out they are able to secure one of their LBs of the future, and while she might have a slight TPE disadvantage due to joining after the season had already started, she is a consistent max earner and a really nice person in the LR. And although I haven’t confirmed this with her, she could possibly be open to considering a position swap to DL to better complement their positions of need.

4.14 - OCO Orange County Otters OCO - @Pocketsand007 - Ethan Baker - KCC KCC - DT
For my last pick of the mock draft, I returned back to the original position of need which was DT. Ethan Baker is a solid prospect for the DSFL's Kansas City franchise. At 6'3" and 300+ pounds, the former Michigan Wolverine is more than capable of clogging the middle and stuffing the run. He's got 27 tackles through 9 games this season in the DSFL to go with a more casual TPE total and solid bank balance. It can be tough to tell with some of the lower TPE earners, if they've gone inactive or perhaps, they were late signups. Regardless of Baker's exact situation, OCO's earlier draft picks make this one a bit more of a luxury pick. With DT/DE/LB combinations already selected in my rounds 1 & 2, Ethan Baker becomes more of a depth/insurance piece that could turn into more if he becomes a consistent TPE earner. I also like this pick since it would give OCO some more options in terms of formations; I know the 3-4 is popular now but with this current mock draft class they would really open up the door to any number of possibilities for their future defense and Baker would slot right into that plan.

RE: Under the Wire S50 User Mock Draft - SoySavant - 08-23-2024

As an honest, unbiased ISFL fan since 1947, CTC easily won the draft imo.
(Honorable mention to COL)

RE: Under the Wire S50 User Mock Draft - br0_0ker - 08-23-2024

another mock at 2OA! do the rookies (plus money and lemon) know something i dont?

really good write ups all around :clapping:

RE: Under the Wire S50 User Mock Draft - Knif3yMan87 - 08-23-2024

we done it.

RE: Under the Wire S50 User Mock Draft - kdr - 08-23-2024

in my very unBIASED opinion this is by far the 2nd best Mock out there and NYS definitely won, if not SJS for the steal of the 1st round.

RE: Under the Wire S50 User Mock Draft - 124715 - 08-25-2024

this is a really neat project, good work!