International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat (/showthread.php?tid=53306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

(S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - wizard_literal - 09-16-2024

(S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words, if you are unsure about your word count, you can use this tool to confirm PPT Word Counter Verification Tool. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S49 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, September 15th, 2024 at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: When it comes to traditional football terminology, most players are categorized as a Offensive or Defensive position, but what if we imagined playing on both sides of the ball as a Dual Threat? Write about your player's current position, and a position on the other side of the ball you think they could excel at given their talents. For example, if you're a Wide Receiver you could write about how your speed and hands might translate to being a Defensive Back. 

Graphic option: Graphic option create a Graphic showing your player either playing/practicing out of position, or learning about the other side of the ball than their usual assignment.  Note that due to Discord image links breaking after 24-48 hours please do not use the platform as a image host for your Point Task or your submission may be ineligible for TPE.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, PBE, and VHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit prompt ideas here!

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - soevil - 09-16-2024

Russell Jimmies already might as well be considered a Dual Threat player (a Dual-Dual Threat?). Not only for the traditional use of the term for a QB who can run and pass, but often this season when his teammates let him down he has to take on the role of a Linebacker. When his RBs fumble the ball or his WRs tip perfectly placed passes (or flat out get little boy'd) leading to interceptions, Jimmies is left to pick up the slack and make touchdown saving play after touchdown saving play. At 6'5" and 245lbs, Jimmies size is more in line with a defensive end, but his speed would make him an excellent linebacker as he has the ability to stretch the field horizontally and vertically to make amazing plays on the football and ballcarrier. Not only do his size and speed make him a great linebacker candidate, but his pure strength helps his case as well. The combination of Jimmies size, speed, and strength - plus his current experience - make him an excellent candidate to be a Linebacker. (177 words)

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - BlitzAce71 - 09-16-2024

Pass

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - Hacob - 09-16-2024

I believe that my player Feka Ohi Kau would be best situated to be a linebacker on defense. As a tight end, he is normally guarded by linebackers, so from a matchup sense it would make sense for him to also cover linebackers in pass defense as well. Additionally, as a tight end he has to know the offense very well as he could both block and run a route on every play, so he would have the mental and play recognition side of the game down as well. He likely could not succeed at defensive tackle or a defensive back spot as he is not big enough to play on the line and not fast enough to play in the secondary, but I could see him succeeding in a pass rushing or outside linebacker role as well due to his combination of both solid size, speed, quick feet, and upper body strength.

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - parky - 09-16-2024

It would take the entire locker room imposing an intervention upon him, but Victoire Absolue would best be suited to the tight end position. Fleet of foot, agile and strong as a bull, Absolue would serve as a dynamic blocking tight end. At first it would feel alien and uncomfortable, and he would need to actively suppress the instinct to tackle his own ball-carrying teammate. Once he realized that placing a well timed block is every bit as satisfying as tackling someone, he'd develop a taste for it and be on his way to the pro bowl. As for receiving, the jury is out. Vic would need to spend a lot of time in the offseason developing some muscle memory in that regard, since his soccer background involved nothing of the sort. At best he would be the kind of tight end who caps out at 40-50 receptions per season and close to 500 yards.

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - Wiggli - 09-16-2024

As Juan hones his raw physical talent, the Kaiju brain trust has been experimenting with the best position on the field at which to deploy him. To date they have been positions on the defensive line, but who is to say that at some point they might not find a way to incorporate him into the offense?

Certainly Rascal’s strength stands out as his strongest feature, one which could easily find value on the offensive side of the ball. His other main strength however, tackling, could be more of a liability than a benefit. Properly trained he could harness that talent as an offensive lineman perhaps, but you might reasonably worry about the number of holding calls he faces.

And so I think we land at the proper way to deploy special weapon dual threat Carrasco. Special teams. The sight of him alone on the kickoff is enough to strike fear into the opposing returner. And once he’s got a full head of steam good luck trying to deter him. Maybe there’s a concern about his ability to cover the length of the field, but Juan has worked hard on his endurance and moving forward if the ISFL is anything like the NFL maybe they reimagine the positions of the kicking and return teams moving forward.

Code:
214 words

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - bechtudo - 09-16-2024

In traditional football terminology, players are often categorized strictly as either offensive or defensive. However, envisioning a player as a dual threat, capable of excelling on both sides of the ball, opens up exciting possibilities. Take, for example, your player who currently shines as a defensive back. This position demands exceptional speed, agility, and keen awareness to track and neutralize opposing wide receivers. These same attributes could make your player a formidable wide receiver (WR) on offense.

As a defensive back, your player has honed the ability to read the quarterback’s eyes, anticipate routes, and react swiftly to the ball. These skills translate seamlessly to the wide receiver position, where route running, quick cuts, and reliable hands are paramount. The experience of defending against top-tier receivers provides invaluable insights into exploiting defensive weaknesses, making your player a strategic asset on offense.

Moreover, the physicality and tackling prowess developed as a defensive back would enhance your player’s ability to break tackles and gain extra yards after the catch. This dual-threat capability not only adds versatility to the team but also keeps opponents guessing, creating mismatches and opening up new strategic avenues. Embracing the dual-threat concept allows your player to maximize their talents and contribute significantly to both offensive and defensive plays.

Code:
205 words

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - Pelochyta - 09-16-2024

As a defensive end, you probably expect me to say that I would double on offensive line. I'm a big guy, pretty stout, pretty strong. Everything lines up with just moving to a center or guard position. Maybe tack on a couple pounds to really hold on my own. But I won't comply with your expectations! I would be a beautiful, galloping tight end. Free to roam away from the line of scrimmage and explore the world. Admittedly I would be more of a blocking tight end, at least at first, but with just a little work I think my hands could be good enough. Throw me out there in a two tight end set and watch me set the edge. Who better to line up against defensive ends than me, a defensive end? I know all their tricks! And just when the defense is used to me blocking over and over and over - bam! I sneak out for a pass, make a huge catch, and bowl over some people as I rumble down the field. Nobody will expect it. Cannot be stopped.

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - DangWookie - 09-16-2024

Currently, Ace Anderson is classified as a Receiving Back. The position that would make the most sense for Ace to play on defense would be as a Cornerback. As a running back that is particularly adept at the receiving game, Ace is well versed in reading coverages and finding open route lanes for him to take. His football IQ and creativity without the ball would make him a star as a Cornerback. While not as great with his hands as some of the wide receivers in the game, Ace does have the tenacity and discipline to train that aspect of his game if he were to make the switch over to cornerback. Of course, he would most likely be way down on the depth chart because Sarasota's Cornerback room is stacked this season with legends like Fronky Fresh, Spruce Willis, Adam Journey, and up and comer Harrison Andrews Jr, Ace would probably only see the field on Hail Mary attemps.

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - anuragb - 09-16-2024

My current player, Ethan Shadow Jr., brings physical strength, intelligence, and an all-around playstyle to the defensive side as a Linebacker. He can do both run defence and run protection. With his focus on speed, strength, and tackling, the position that Ethan Shadow Jr. should be able to handle on the offensive side would be a Tight End.
With a background as a linebacker and high strength and tackling ratings, Ethan Shadow Jr. could play a blocking TE role where he could engage defensive linemen and linebackers to clear the path for the running backs.
With his speed at 70 and longer development of his hands, Ethan Shadow can become a vertical threat from the TE position.
Overall, with an all-around rating on the defensive end as a versatile linebacker, with the focus currently on Strength, Tackle, and Speed, Ethan Shadow would be an excellent Blocking TE who can be an option on the vertical threat as he develops his skillset.