International Simulation Football League
Daniel Robicheaux Press Conference - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Daniel Robicheaux Press Conference (/showthread.php?tid=535)

Pages: 1 2

Daniel Robicheaux Press Conference - Electraspace - 05-25-2017

Daniel Robicheaux, offensive lineman from Ole Miss and NSFL draft prospect, is here to answer questions from the media.

Daniel Robicheaux Press Conference - dropbear - 05-25-2017

Daniel, quick question from the Illinois Inquirer:

You consider yourself to be predominantly a pass-blocking offensive lineman. If you're drafted by a run-first team, would you prefer that the team double down and draft another guy on the line to be the primary run blocker, or do you think you can adapt and help pound the rock?

Quote:You consider yourself to be predominantly a pass-blocking offensive lineman. If you're drafted by a run-first team, would you prefer that the team double down and draft another guy on the line to be the primary run blocker, or do you think you can adapt and help pound the rock?

I would do my best to adapt to whatever style of offense I was drafted onto, although I wouldn't mind some run blocking help on a run-heavy team.

Daniel Robicheaux Press Conference - dropbear - 05-25-2017

(05-26-2017, 09:53 AM)Electraspace Wrote:I would do my best to adapt to whatever style of offense I was drafted onto, although I wouldn't mind some run blocking help on a run-heavy team.

I appreciate a guy who's honest about his skill set. You've obviously made it this far on your ability to keep your QB upright, and with such a deep QB class I'm sure that's something GM's are going to value.

All the best for the big day, Daniel!

Daniel Robicheaux Press Conference - timeconsumer - 05-25-2017

1) What spot on the line is best suited to your skillset?
2) Are you better paired with a mobile QB or a pocket passes?
3) What would make a better offensive lineman, an elephant or a rhino?
4) Who was the worst coach you've had?
5) Should players be allowed to date NSFL cheerleaders?

Quote:What spot on the line is best suited to your skillset?
I played left guard at Ole Miss, so that's where I feel most comfortable.

Quote:Are you better paired with a mobile QB or a pocket passes?
I prefer working with pocket passers.

Quote:What would make a better offensive lineman, an elephant or a rhino?
An elephant, easily. Bigger body, and the trunk has a lot of reach.

Quote:Who was the worst coach you've had?
The interim OC for one season at Lake Charles High, Mark Koloff. He had no idea how to create a solid pass blocker. Thankfully the guys at Ole Miss were able to clean off his mistakes from me.

Quote:Should players be allowed to date NSFL cheerleaders?
I don't see any problem with that.

Daniel Robicheaux Press Conference - theFlock - 05-25-2017

Hey Daniel. I want to get through this quick as not to hold you up.

1.) Playing Guard is a nasty way to make your money. Any NFL or NSFL player you try to model your game after, or are you trying to break through and make a new standard of Guard?
2.) What feels better, springing that huge running play, or giving your QB just enough time to throw a good open look for big gain?
3.) Any player, current or past, you'd love to go up against?
4.) Same question, but you'd love to have on your team?

Thanks for your time, and good luck in the draft big fella!

Quote:Playing Guard is a nasty way to make your money. Any NFL or NSFL player you try to model your game after, or are you trying to break through and make a new standard of Guard?
You're not wrong, it's definitely tough work, hah. I'm not really trying to follow any player's gameplan, I prefer to play my game my way.

Quote:What feels better, springing that huge running play, or giving your QB just enough time to throw a good open look for big gain?
Opening up a hole for the rusher feels better, I'd say, because that's something you just caused to happen. I love landing a big pancake block and having the tailback swoop in for a big gain. Protecting the QB doesn't feel as nice because you're mostly preventing something from happening, and you don't have as much of a direct result on the outcome of the play.

Quote:Any player, current or past, you'd love to go up against?
Cam Jordan of the Saints. He was one of my favorites for a long time, and I feel like a battle between us would get pretty explosive.

Quote:Same question, but you'd love to have on your team?
That Ben Longshaw guy out of Northern Illinois looks like a beast. I feel like with us two on the same line, our QB would have hours to find an open man.

Daniel Robicheaux Press Conference - Apache_Chief - 05-25-2017

Daniel, just a few questions for you.

1. Assuming you were asked to move from your preferred spot on the line, where do you think you'd fit best?
2. Do you think you have the athleticism to move up the field to block for a back?
3. Do you prefer man or zone blocking?
4. What jersey do you think you'd look best in?
5. For a fun question; If you had a clean catch and a decent head start, do you think you could run a ball in for a TD against with a defense trying to take you down, from let's say, the 50 yard line?

Quote:Assuming you were asked to move from your preferred spot on the line, where do you think you'd fit best?
Most likely right guard or center. I prefer making inside blocks to outside blocks.

Quote:Do you think you have the athleticism to move up the field to block for a back?
I should be able to if need be, but I'm more comfortable opening holes and protecting the pocket.

Quote:Do you prefer man or zone blocking?
I can do either one, but I find man a little easier.

Quote:What jersey do you think you'd look best in?
I've only seen the Otters jersey, actually! But judging by the logos I think I'd look awesome in Wraiths gear.

Quote:For a fun question; If you had a clean catch and a decent head start, do you think you could run a ball in for a TD against with a defense trying to take you down, from let's say, the 50 yard line?
I don't know if I'm quite fast enough to make it to the end zone with the whole D after me. I'd definitely be able to get a solid gain, though.