International Simulation Football League
*DSFL branding ranking - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: *DSFL branding ranking (/showthread.php?tid=53565)

*DSFL branding ranking - Froste39 - 10-15-2024

From the man who criticized your favorite team's branding, comes another completely biased ranking!

This time: THE DSFL BRANDING (DUN DUN DUUUN)

Armed with my PhD of branding studies (acquired through GM'ing a SMJHL team where we named every discord channel something with Knight) and exquisite eye for design (through painting 40k miniatures like an amateur) I feel once again highly qualified for expressing my opinion.

I was also notified that a branding ranking should include a score lol, so I added that for this time.
Excuse any spelling or grammatical mistakes as I am a non-native speaker.

Alright, lets get into the thick of it going down by order on the site, let's see...aha first we have the...

KCC Kansas City Coyotes KCC

Ugh.
The logo is pretty standard "canine howls at the moon" stuff, but that's a classic and always decent.
The colours though. I already didn't like the CTC colours and these are those colours inverted.
They kind of work on the Vikings due to the fact that you can blend the yellow in with the Viking's hair and glorious moustache, but it's honestly lost on the Coyotes.
I'd rather picture the moon in silver with a midnight blue backgeound.
With this it looks like you just hit randomize on the colors. Not a fan.
I'll give them points for longevity though. They have been around a while and noone bothered to change anything, so it might not be as bad as I think.

Verdict: 3/10

LON London Royals LON

Entering great tier territory, literally.
Tier means animal in German and the Lion is a great a...haha German humor, I will see myself out, thank you.

In all seriousness. Unlike the first one this logo/branding really works in conjunction. The golden lion oozes royalty and the black background really helps to make the logo pop.
The black uniforms look especially good, but still manage to differentiate themselves from the Saints in tone.
Also happy that London is the hometown as the english and Lions are a good match (Three Lions, Richard Lionheart and others)

Only point of criticism is that I have seen similar logos with a very similar lion already on other sports teams or in E-Sports.

Verdict: 9.0/10

MIN Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN 

Yet another banger. Also you got me. Ducks are my favorite animals, so I am already biased as heck.
I love everything about this branding.
The uniforms look great and use underused colors in a great combination while, like the Lions and the Saints differentiate themselves in tone enough, to not look like the Panthers too much.
They also play in "The Quack Shack" which is downright hilarious.

I don't have anything to criticize here, only thing I don't know about is the branding of it being located in Minnesota. Is there some connection?
Many ponds there, is that it?
Just because I don't know about that, I won't substract points here, so...

Verdict: 10 out of quacking 10

POR Portland Pythons POR

An underused animal for Football especially and it looks great. Big fan of the tone of green and the shading of the snake and the football.
Not too much of a fan of the cross in the background. I think another shape would have given the logo a better feel of width/space usage here.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find pictures of the uniforms anywhere as I would have been very interested to see how the color scheme pans out on the cloth. Have to deduct some points for that.

Verdict: 7/10

BBB Bondi Beach Buccaneers  BBB 

Ah, here we have it. When I first joined the league and took a peek at all the available teams the Buccaneers caught my eye easily. Why?

Because they have easily the worst color scheme in this whole league.
Green and Yellow already look hideous, but juuust okay on the Packers tone-wise. But Bondi Beach takes it to the max by using the worst shades of both colors in one branding.
It looks way to neon-y and bright for my tastes and also doesn't work at all with the skull imo, which is the only saving grace here.

I also wasn't able to find pictures of the uniforms.

Verdict: 2/10 for the skull

DAL Dallas Birddogs DAL

....okay....I gotta ask....what is a Birddog? Google says it's a fighter plane. This doesn't look like a fighter plane. Google also says it's a boyband. This doesn't look like a boyband.
I am confused.

That said, the logo is...fine.
Not something that looks like a football team logo though, feels kind of out of place.

Also I am not a fan of the color scheme which basically is a carbon copy of the Rams scheme, which I dislike already.

Verdict: 3.5/10

NOR Norfolk Seawolves NOR 

Ha, home field advantage. I want to preface this by saying that I was picked up on Waivers by Norfolk and thus this might sound biased.

In truth, while Bondi Beach was the biggest turn-off for me when I created and thought about which team might take me in, Norfolk immediately caught my eye positively.

I'm a big sucker for ships, submarines and naval stuff in general (even though I am terribly scared of diving lol).
Norfolk's logo looks great with the waves pushed aside by the sub and the colors work perfectly.

After reading up on Norfolk I noted that it is a port for Battleships and submarines alike so I will give bonus points for staying true to the hometown as well.

Now this is unfair, because I can't judge the other LR's but the Norfolk LR is very themed with channels like "Main Hull" and people calling each other "cadets" and "captains" or "sailors". I love tidbits like that and want to express how grateful I am to have landed here.

Even without my team bias though the verdict would have been the same regardless, just because of branding.

Verdict: 10/10

TIJ Tijuana Luchadores TIJ

Last, but not least we have Tijuana.
Let me say that I am not a Wrestling fan, but watched my fair share of it when I was younger and more impressionable.
This is a great branding for the local area that also kind of works good with the "football as a physical sport"-theme.

The color scheme works great together and is a refreshing one that you don't see as often. I was wondering however if the colours shouldn't be brighter for a Luchadore?

What I like especially is that the team name is incorporated as the championship belt that also looks like a wrestling ring on the logo.
If I was a bigger wrestling fan or more into that Luchadore stuff, I'd probably rate this higher, but we still land at a respectable verdict.

Verdict: 8.5/10

There we have it! Please direct any hate or praise to the comment section.

I'd like to know if I tanked or raised my ISFL S51 Draft Stock with this KEKW.

RE: DSFL branding ranking - ACynicalGamer - 10-15-2024

Norfolk on top once again - no surprise there!

RE: DSFL branding ranking - Assistant to the POR GM - 10-15-2024

(Yesterday, 06:30 AM)ACynicalGamer Wrote: Norfolk on top once again - no surprise there!
Can’t say once again if it’s never happened before

RE: DSFL branding ranking - LtHudz - 10-15-2024

Fair and unbiased. Quack quack

RE: DSFL branding ranking - Chicken Lips - 10-15-2024

Minnesota has a colloquial thing where they play Duck Duck Grey Duck instead of duck duck goose because of early immigrants. Or something

RE: DSFL branding ranking - BOOM™ - 10-15-2024

[Image: submarine.gif]

RE: *DSFL branding ranking - Megsychan - 10-15-2024

A birddog, for reference, is an archaic way to refer to a hunting dog. More specifically, a hunting dog specialized to scare ducks and retrieve their bodies after being shot.