International Simulation Football League
(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S4) - PT #1 - Life after football (/showthread.php?tid=5470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - Admin - 10-23-2017

Requirements

Written: Must include 200 words. You can't play football forever, you have to have a plan if you want to be successful once your playing career is finished. Write about what your plans are after football.

Or

Graphic: Create a full page advertisement for your players post career business plan.

Payout

Full Payout = 3 TPE

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Saturday, Oct 28th, 11:59 PM PST

(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - cosbornballboy - 10-23-2017

After retirement, Ricardo Sandoval wishes to do a couple of things. The first will be to become a football lineman coach for a disadvantaged inner-city school in Baltimore. The second thing will be continuing with his charity, Abandoned Angels, which assists children abandoned by their parents after being deported back to Mexico. The final thing will be to go around the world talking about his experiences with these children and why we need to be doing a better job of taking care of them. In the first job, he is going to try to get a job at City Neighbors High School in Baltimore, MD. This school is made up of 10% disadvantaged kids, and Sandoval knows that by going and coaching them and teaching them life lessons he can assist these disadvantaged children get their lives on the right track and get into college. To comment, Sandoval stated, "I just want to do something that gives back. I may go try to teach as well. My brother, Antonio Sandoval (@TheMemeMaestro) knows John Urschel, so I may try to talk to him about teaching, and he lives in Baltimore so it's convenient. I don't know what the future holds for me..."

(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - Shadowz - 10-23-2017

Godfrey King knows exactly what he'll do the moment he finishes playing in the National Football Simulation League. Somebody who truly enjoyed hitting the books back in his days at high school, Godfrey King will most likely return to college and get a degree in English or Philosophy. A voracious reader, King has always wanted to be able to go back to school in order to fulfill a promise he made to his mother back when he was a child. Maybe from that degree he could go to being an academic, being a broadcaster, or writing novels, who knows? Regardless, Godfrey King has never wanted to be remembered as solely a football player. Even if he were to make the Hall of Fame, he wants to be known as an intelligent person first and foremost. Inspired by one of his high school teachers who had a PHD, Godfrey wanted to emulate him and become a doctor as well. The reason he has such a rigid plan for when his days as a player are over is because he understands that football is far from forever, and while if he's financially responsible the money won't go away, he'll still have a gigantic chunk of his life to pursue other endeavors and feel fulfilled through them.

(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - ItsJustBarry - 10-23-2017

After football, Trey Willie will likely just sit at home, count his money, and disappear into normalcy. With the money I have made through my NSFL contract as well as my lucrative media publications, money should not be an issue. When I gets bored, I can fly around the city in my private helicopter and judge everyone below me. Look at all those peasants sitting in that traffic. In my NSFL afterlife, it won’t all be me. I still plan to give back. In addition to the normal local youth partnership I am already affiliated with, I also intend to give back for the holidays. Just like Andre Johnson, who is known for his annual Toys ‘R Us shopping sprees, I too intend to provide the necessary gaming systems and the best game titles to the area’s underprivileged youth. Being able to see their eyes and hearts light up as they play as their favorite NSFL wide receiver, Trey Willie, who once scored 4 touchdowns in a single game, will make everything I have worked so hard for worth it. Although these seems like petty or selfish ways to squander the time after my NSFL career, I am petty and selfish person so it will all work out.

208 words

(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - timeconsumer - 10-23-2017

Angus Winchester grew up a farmer. His family have been farmers for generations. When football is done, he plans to return to farm life. During the offseason he spends most of his time up at the Winchester Ranch that he purchased in Medocino county with his football salary. The ranch itself is a sprawling 500 acres of mixed grasslands and old growth redwood forest. Although not build to really generate a profit he has a large number of animals that he takes care of. Currently the ranch houses about a dozen goats, 6 dogs, a coop full of chickens, a horse, a cow, 2 pigs, and 3 ducks.

After retirement he plans to turn the ranch into a profit generator. In order to do this he plans to focus on raising sheep from southern Australia to produce Merino wool. Although mostly raised in Australia and New Zealand there have been some successful merino wool ranches in California. The idea of a quiet life on a ranch in Northern California raising sheep may seem alien from a man used to spending every day grappling in full pads and a helmet, but to Winchester it's a return to a life he feels made him the man he is.

(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - jaskins811 - 10-23-2017

After leaving the NSFL, Joseph Askins has large plans to get on with in his life. First, he wants to retire in California and live in the Bay Area. Then, he wants to go back to school to get a college degree in technology. Then he will create a startup business in this area to produce advanced statistics for sports. He always loved math in school and wants to continue his education there after his football career has ended. He will then use the statistics created in his business and sell it to the failing channel of ESPN. ESPN is on a downturn, but still has a lot of name recognition. He will then pursue to make a move to purchases the company as he wants to revitalize the failing network. He will create a Yellowknife Wraith sub channel for all Wraith fans because he will owe it to them after his career is over. Once he finished this escapade, he wants to go work at a chipotle because chipotle is his favorite food and working there is a dream job of his. Once he works here for many years, raising popularity for the business since he is a celebrity, he will finally retire and live in Hawaii for the rest of his life.

(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - PigSnout - 10-23-2017

Boss Tweed has not thought much about life after football as he has mostly just been focusing on his playing career so far and plans to play a long career in the NSFL. However, he has a few ideas about what he may do afterward. Halloween has always been one of his favorite holidays and he has always loved scary movies. He would love to work in costume at a Halloween attraction. It's scary enough being chased through the woods by somebody with a chainsaw, but imagine how scary it would be to be chased by a former athlete who is still fast enough to outrun most normal people. It would be a way for Tweed to stay in shape and to have some fun partaking in Halloween festivities. However, he will only be able to do it for a few months each year. Sports have always been his passion, so perhaps he could spend the rest of the year involved in sports. He could use his familiarity with the rules to make a good referee or perhaps he could be a good announcer with his knowledge of the game. In addition to his experience with football, he is also a big fan of basketball and could work in basketball during the winter months when football is not in session and it is not Halloween time. Of course, this would leave a gap in the summer. However, after a long career, Tweed would also like some time to relax and may decide to take some time off during the summer. Although he is unlikely to seek a big pay day on any of his contracts, Tweed is frugal and does not spend extravagantly, so he should be able to make his NSFL money last for a while and will not need to earn too much after his career to live comfortably.

Quote:311 Words

(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - CFJ - 10-23-2017

Before the NSFL, Kenny Omega was dominating the Independent scene and Japan in professional wrestling while winning almost every championship imaginable in his class except for the Heavyweight Champion as the company didn't feel like giving the Six-Star master the strap and didn't feel he was ready. So he decided to try his second talent in football and NSFL out. As his career is still in it's infancy the life after football will continue his path in wrestling hopefully opening up a wrestling school in his hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba or help out in the New Japan Dojo in Japan or hopefully become the first triple crown winner ever in New Japan by winning the IWGP Heavyweight Champion and becoming the most winning-est champion of them all.

Kenny would also like to settle down and have a family after to trying to find a wife first as he hasn't had much time with his gruelling New Japan schedule to really have a social besides being with the Young Bucks and the rest of the Bullet Club during his travels of Japan and around the world. It's certain on his list of things to do after a life in football as he can't always have the motor running as it wears and tears on your body and wrestling and football are to hard hitting contact sports that requires a limit. As of now Kenny's body is unbreakable with mendable cracks but that picture perfect body won't last for too long.

Code:
249 Words

(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - enigmatic - 10-23-2017

[Image: NytWMA9.png]

(S4) - PT #1 - Life after football - pulsedk - 10-23-2017

This is a tough one. Hard to imagine a life after football. But seeing how it all could end with just one hit, it's always good to have a backup plan. The current plan is to play for as many years as possible, and all the while being smart with my money. That way, when I retire, I can have a nice big lump of cash to fall back on. After that? Retirement I guess.

I don't need to live a luxurious lifestyle. Just somewhere close to family where I can see them often. What can I say? I'm a simple man. I don't feel the need to go back to school so I can get some 9 to 5 job in a cubicle somewhere. I'd much rather just be the stay at home dad. And if I'm smart with my earnings, this is completely feasible. Now, I will admit, I could definitely see myself staying in the football realm after retiring from playing. If I was offered a job as a defensive line coach somewhere like the University of Michigan or any team in the NSFL it would be quite hard to turn down. Playing football is in my blood and it's almost like an addiction so I imagine it would be hard to just quit cold turkey.

So the simple answer? After I'm done playing I'm either going to retire completely or look for a coaching position somewhere. No going back to school for me.

Code:
247 words