International Simulation Football League
*William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser (/showthread.php?tid=5609)

*William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser - MacTonight - 10-26-2017

Hey everyone

I would first like to thank Liberty management, players, and fans a huge thank you for welcoming me, and allowing me to represent the fine city of Philadelphia.

I’m extremely excited to be in Yellowknife, and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can do on the field this season!

I’m ready to take your questions:

What was your first reaction when you found out you were being traded? How did you find out?

The Philadelphia management couldn’t have handled it better. They kept me informed that they had a trade potentially worked out, and that it involved sending me to the Wraiths. I didn’t really expect it, but I knew we had a surplus of talent at linebacker, and there was a chance someone would be moved. Honestly, I feel the Liberty need to be commended with how they handled the transition.

How was your time with the Liberty?

I really enjoyed my time with the Liberty, being drafted by the Liberty, having a successful season and being part of the Liberty’s first playoff appearance was incredible. I really enjoyed my time in the locker room and I know my old teammates will remain long time friends, and I think that is what I’ll miss the most. However, every challenge provides an opportunity to grow and adapt, and I’ve already been welcomed by the Wraiths players, and I’m excited to get stuck in to training camp.

What are you excited about with the Wraiths? Does anything concern you?

I’m excited about a new opportunity, new challenges, and new scenery. I think it’s no secret the Wraiths have taken a few losses this offseason, and I’m hoping I can come in and contribute to a successful season. I think we have the opportunity to be an intimidating front seven and I’m hoping I can continue to grow and develop my game.

Yellowknife is a pretty remote place... how do you feel about having to move and play there?

It’s definitely going to be an adjustment. I think I can get used to the relaxed nature of Yellowknife, I think it will suit me down to the ground. The temperature might be a different story though; hopefully I can play through the cold.

How do you feel, as a Falcons fan, that your two new GMs are Saints and Panthers fans?

Football is a business, I can’t judge my GMs for poor decisions made off the field. All jokes aside I’m looking forward to some cagey bants when our teams meet.

Do you think hot dogs are sandwiches?

I think you can’t really differentiate between a hotdog and a sub, they have similar construction, so I’d say in spirit a hot dog has to be a sandwich.

What do you think the Wraiths are capable of this year?

Honestly I think we took some hits this offseason, and it will be hard to overcome the Liberty and Hawks for playoff spots. I don’t think we are that far off though, pending a Colorado roster purge, I think we could be back in the hunt for a playoff position next season. In all honesty though, Yellowknife were unlucky not to make the playoffs last year, and I think that those 50/50 calls do really influence finishing position. The one thing I’m certain about is that we’re not going to make it easy for teams this year.

How has your reception been since you came to the team?

My reception has been great. Everyone has welcomed me and been very hospitable. I’m very excited to see what will happen when we start camp, and I’m looking forward to suiting up for my first game in front of my new home fans.

What is something special that you bring to Yellowknife?

I bring an intensity and tenacity to the defensive side of the ball. I’m never going to quit on a play, and I’m always going to be looking at ways for me to improve to help our team win. I believe that bringing these traits into a Wraiths defence which was improving a lot last year, can only mean good things for Yellowknife.

How do you see your role changing in the Yellowknife defence from what it was with the Liberty?

In a word: responsibility. With the Liberty I was the new kid on the block and with a season of experience under my belt I feel I am ready to come in a stronger presence in the Yellowknife team. I’m looking forward to assuming a leadership role within our defence, and combining with our strong defensive line to make it a nightmare on teams who want to run against us.

What are your personal goals for this season?

Personally I just want to improve our defence. I’m not one for personal stats or achievements, whilst they are nice, I only really use them as a guide to see what kind of impact I’m making on the team I’m playing for. 100+ tackles are nice, but would I want them if we are being dragged down the field all season?

I do want to continue applying pressure to the QB, I feel that is a strength of mine and I think our team can do a great job of making opposing signal callers have bad days.

What will you miss the most about the city of Philadelphia and what are you most looking forward to about Yellowknife?

I’ll miss my teammates and my fans. I’ll miss the hum of the city at night too, but I think I’m going to like settling down in Yellowknife and adopting a quieter lifestyle while I’m here.

Does pineapple belong on pizza?

I’m not a fan of pineapple on pizza, but I believe in a person’s right to choose. I believe that if a teammate ordered a Hawaiian, I wouldn’t feel compelled to tell him he was wrong.

What is the key to your success so far in the league?

I think the key to my success has been my desire to always be improving, I have never been content to sit on my laurels and try to maintain a level. I want to be improving always.

What attribute or trait do you feel defines you the most as a player?

I think as I said before it’s my tenacity. I think a lot of other players are more talented than me, but I know I’ll never stop until I know I can’t give anymore. I will always keep giving for my team.

*William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser - bovovovo - 10-27-2017

What was your first reaction when you found out you were being traded? How did you find out?

How was your time with the Liberty?

What are you excited about with the Wraiths? Does anything concern you?

Yellowknife is a pretty remote place... how do you feel about having to move and play there?

How do you feel, as a Falcons fan, that your two new GMs are Saints and Panthers fans?

Do you think hot dogs are sandwiches?

Welcome to the team :cheers:

*William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser - Bzerkap - 10-27-2017

What do you think the Wraiths are capable of this year?

How has your reception been since you came to the team?

What is something special that you bring to Yellowknife?

*William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 10-27-2017

How do you see your role changing in the Yellowknife defense from what it was with the Liberty?

What are your personal goals for this season?

What will you miss the most about the city of Philadelphia and what are you most looking forward to about Yellowknife?

Does pineapple belong on pizza?

*William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser - SwagSloth - 10-27-2017

What is the key to your success so far in the league?

What attribute or trait do you feel defines you the most as a player?

*William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser - MacTonight - 10-30-2017

Ready for Grading

*William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser - bovovovo - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 06:29 AM)MacTonight Wrote:Ready for Grading

Great answers btw, glad to have you in Yellowknife :cheers:

*William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser - Perry87 - 10-30-2017

Goodnight Sweet Prince ????

*William Ridley: Yellowknife Introductory Presser - MacTonight - 10-30-2017

(10-31-2017, 12:03 AM)Perry87 Wrote:Goodnight Sweet Prince ????

I still <3 u bby