International Simulation Football League
(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars (/showthread.php?tid=5731)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - Admin - 10-30-2017

Requirements

Written: Must include 200 words. Talk about other sports your player played earlier in his career. This could be like Jameis playing both baseball and football in college or just various sports your player played as a kid.

Or

Graphic: Create a magazine cover highlighting a two sport star from the NSFL. Must include player render

Payout

Full Payout = 3 TPE

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Saturday, Nov 4th, 11:59 PM PST

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - Daybe - 10-30-2017

Brice Boggs is one of the most versatile players in the NSFL. While being able to play a multitude of positions on the football gridiron, he also lettered in various different sports in his high school and University of Florida days. In high school, he won third place in the entire state of Kentucky for the 200 meter sprint. He was named "Mr. Excellence" for his high school three different times, in his sophomore, junior, and senior year. Along with his track success, he also starred in baseball and basketball during his high school days. He played basketball for two years, and performed rather well as a point guard, but ultimately was not a good shooter and quit to focus on football, track, and baseball. In baseball, he was a successful lead-off hitter, hitting .269 in his senior year. He also recorded 22 stolen bases, leading his team. During his junior year at Florida, he ran track for the team, and nearly qualified for the US Olympic track team. Unfortunately, he was beat out by two thousandths of a second, and failed to qualify. "Haha, I've always had flying feet. I guess I was born with them. I just can't explain it, you know?" Boggs commented about his talent.

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - Battleborn - 10-30-2017

Ryan Sierra grew up early, and grew up fast. Before dedicating his high school years to playing only tackle football, this 6'0" 7th grader was a stud on the basketball court. Sierra grew up playing 3 sports, basketball, baseball, and flag football. He was always one of the tallest kids in his classes growing up, but unlike most tall kids in school, he was very coordinated as playing sports helped him develop his motor skills and become the athlete he is today.

Baseball has always been his favorite sport, but Ryan truly excelled with basketball. Playing WJBA in elementary school and into middle school, he was very skilled. Being the tallest kid on the team each season, coaches assumed he would be their post player, but those thoughts usually passed 10 minutes into their first practice, as he was the best shooter and ball handler on the court. When asked about remembering the first time he dunked a basketball, he replied, "Like it was yesterday. I had just gotten to school early, in the 7th grade. I hustled to school in the mornings so I would have a little free time. I walked about 2 miles to and from school everyday. It was really cold that morning and we started playing some 6 on 6, it seemed like every kid on the playground was playing basketball that morning. I was standing around half court when someone from the other team took a deep shot the resulted in a long rebound. My buddy Scott, got the rebound and threw it out to me and shouted, 'Go dunk it dick!' I caught the ball, took like 3 steps before dribbling once, then two more steps and jumped, and with one hand crammed the ball down. I tried grabbing the rim, only to cut my hand on the way down on the chain net. It hurt so bad, it was so cold, and it bled so much. I didn't care and nobody noticed, I just dunked the ball!"

Code:
334 words

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - JuOSu - 10-30-2017

For Julian O'Sullivan football was not the first love. As a young kid, Julian played several sports very actively. He started out playing soccer actually, a more traditional Irish sport than American Football certainly. In school and private time he also played things like table tennis and pool.

Growing up in Ireland also meant one thing: Darts was a big thing. Often measuring himself with his siblings and slowly becoming better over time. He still remembers his first 180. He even played in a couple of smaller tournaments in Darts in his home country.

The other sport in which he participated in tournaments was pool, even winning some games against semi-pros in 9-ball tournaments.

Soccer was always the first love, but he was not good enough to continue with that, but he found other ways to continue his passion for sports and to continue breeding that competitive side which is still there to this day as a player in the NSFL.

Even when playing Football became the top priority, O'Sullivan still continues to practice in the other sports he loves in his free time. At times he will go out with friends to pubs and play some darts or pool against them, shining in more areas than just on the defensive side of the football field.

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - StevenOSullivan - 10-30-2017

As a very active kid, Steven O'Sullivan was always a fan of the two big sports in the US, American Football and Baseball. Both had their own charm and own differences. Football was violent, fast-paced, sudden, electrifying. Baseball was calmer, relaxed, methodical, analytical. But for him, he was interested in both equally and all his life played both. In baseball, he was a feared third Basemen, with fantastic eye and some major power, all the way through high school and college. He was even drafted into Major League Baseball and would go on to play in the minor leagues for a while. Who knows, maybe he will even end up on a major league team and become a true two-sport player. He has the motivation and drive to continue to play both and wants to show the world he can do it all. The world is ready to see what he can do in football, with a starting role at Tight End secured in the NSFL. We shall see where his baseball career will go!

This PT actually gave me an idea for a series in which I use OOTP18 and create my own player and then write about his career here, as if it was a two-way player as described here. Every season here I would simulate one season there to see how the careers go next to each other. I think this could be really cool!

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - SimmerDownBruhh - 10-30-2017

[Image: y57qQdC.jpg?1]

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - Walder Frey - 10-30-2017

Egor Medved as he revealed earlier was a football player in his early days. Having lived some of his childhood in Saint Petersburg the Russian was sent straight to the local football team for try outs because of his tall and strong body build. Egor managed to become one of the local stars and a very good striker but was struggling with disciplinary record because of comitting and getting fired up way too much for every game. When asked about his top qualities, Zenit's youth coach Alexander who used to work with Egor revealed that he had a fantastic heading ability and a body balance unlike noone else in his team that made him a real offensive target man who could hold the ball or make a chance for himself. Football days for Egor were over when his family moved to Phoenix, where he still tried to try out for the local soccer team but his friends soon recommended him to try out football in his high school's team and it surely worked out very well. His passion and commitment to any sports he plays made him a real defensive line threat to any team and was very hard to stop.

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - timeconsumer - 10-30-2017

Angus Winchester has always been a very strong man. Before he began playing football in high school he had learned to lift weights with his grandfather. The focus on training and heavy compound barbell lifts he had developed in middle school had given him a huge advantage over other kids his age because of how much stronger he was than them. Later in high school he applied this to his work on the school's powerlifting team. Winchester competed in the heaviest weight division. His specialties were the deadlift and the squat. He was no slouch on the bench press either, but the amount of weight he was able to move with his legs was astounding. His senior year Angus Winchester set the Tennessee state record for high school powerlifting when he posted a 1950lb total during a competition. That record still stands today.

Although Winchester no longer competes in powerlifting or strongman sports like he did in high school he still trains using the fundamentals that he gained from learning to lift heavy weights. Winchester credits this for much of the success he has found in professional football, as it was always his strength and work ethic that set him apart from everyone else.

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - PigSnout - 10-30-2017

Boss Tweed was originally set to become a professional basketball player rather than a football player. Some may wonder why he attended Kansas for college, considering that it is not a school known for its football program. The truth is that he was originally recruited to play basketball but planned to play some football as well. His natural athleticism made him a threat on the basketball court as he could blow by defenders and quickly slash his way to the basket. He was a highly recruited point guard prospect but was not very highly regarded as a football player. However, his basketball career ended before it started. After his first football game in college, Tweed realized the football field was where he really felt at home. The entire atmosphere of the game energized him and he knew that he wanted to be a football player. However, he was still very raw as a football player and many people believed he was making a mistake by choosing to focus on football instead of basketball. Despite his great success in his college career, many scouts were still skeptical of his transition and it is believed that this played a major role in Tweed's fall to the 17th round of the NSFL draft. Luckily, Tweed had been training as an athlete for his whole life leading up to his transition to a full time football player, so he had the natural speed and agility to become a successful running back which has led to him becoming one of the best running backs in the NSFL.

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 10-30-2017

Like a lot of athletes in high school, Micah Hendrix participated in multiple sports. For Hendrix, it was football and track and field. Well not so much the track part at least; you can just look at the big fella and know he's not going to win many 100M sprints. No, his event of choice was the shot put. Certainly one of the less glamorous events to take part in, but also one of the most challenging. It's not enough to just be strong and athletic to be successful, you have to work so much on your form and technique in order to maximize your physical output. So much of it is mental and when you're up, it's just you alone with your thoughts. Especially in high school, you're usually off to the side somewhere, there's no screaming crowd and hundreds of eyes watching you. Most people wouldn't even know how well you did if they didn't ask you or look at the results after the fact. But, that fits Hendrix's style perfectly. As an offensive lineman he tends to go unnoticed, especially when he's having a good game. And as a lineman you have to work on your footwork and technique in addition to your strength. His time doing shot put and his play on the football field went hand in hand perfectly. By the time he went to college, the rigors of training for football and doing well in class made it too difficult to continue shot put, but the foundation and lessons in patience and technique that he learned along the way have always contributed to his play on the gridiron.