International Simulation Football League
(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars (/showthread.php?tid=5731)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - ItsJustBarry - 10-30-2017

Trey Willie participated in lots of sports as a kind. He was known to participate in archery, abseiling, acroski, aerobatics, aerobics, aikido, air hickey, alpine skiing, archery, arm wrestling, auto racing, axe throwing, badminton, ballooning, barefoot skiing, barrel racing, BASE jumping, basketball, baton twirling, beach volleyball, bobsledding, bodyboarding, bowling, boxing, broomball, bull fighting, camel racing, canoeing, clay pigeon shooting, cricket, crossfit, curling, darts, disc golf, diving, dodgeball, dog sledding, downhill mountain biking, duckpin bowling, elephant polo, fencing, field hockey, floor gymnastics, fishing, footgolf, freediving, free running, golf, hammer throw, hang gliding, high jump, horse racing, ice dancing, jet ski racing, judo, kayaking, kickboxing, kickball, kitesurfing, lacrosse, lawn mower racing, log rolling, longboarding, multiple lumberjack competitions, mini golf, motocross, mountain biking, more recently muggle quidditch, oil wrestling, paddle ball, paintball, parachuting, paragliding, parkour, pickleball, pigeon racing, ping pong, pocket billiards, pole dancing, polo, power boat racing, powerlifting, racquetball, rafting, rallycross, relay swimming, gymnastics rings, robot fighting, rodeo, roller skating, rope climbing, rowing, rugby, sailing, scuba diving, shot put, shuffleboard, skateboarding, skeleton, ski jumping, slow-pitch softball, snowboarding, sprint car racing, squash, modified sumo wrestling, supercross, surfing, tennis, thoroughbred racing, tractor pulling, triple jump, tug of war, ultimate Frisbee, unicycle racing, wakeboarding, windsurfing, and wood chopping. Yeah, he was a busy kid.

209 words

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - Vikain - 10-30-2017

Sports has been a very important part of my life for as long as I remember. Early in my childhood, my mom made me play a lot of tennis and hockey. I love those two sports but was never the best even later on I was just okay. But I think both tennis and hockey really helped me develop my hip and torso movements later on for football. As I grew older I tried baseball and basketball but they did not work for me, as neither I could mentally get into it. In highschool I would play dual sports with football and hockey. But living in South Florida, football was the more dominant sport in the area. Though I kept with both sports my head and time were falling more to football. I would still stick with them till College where I walked on for UCF and proved my abilities. I also made the Division 3 UCF hockey team but with no real exposure and 50 minute commute to just practice after the first season I decided to focus all my energy into the Football Program. Plus they offered me a scholarship so that was a nice incentive. If I had to go back I think I would choose the same exact choices.

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - 4D Chess - 10-30-2017

Growing up in Flint Michigan basketball was the game that was played by all of the kids in CA Chess' social circle. And while Chess made a reasonably impressive high school basketball career it was clear his energies were better spent on the football field. At a very young age Chess fell truly in love with football and instead used basketball as a convenient way to stay in shape and play the game that his friends seemed to love so much. An athletic shooting guard with some serious size, Chess lacked speed and shooting ability but could jump out of the gym and had a basketball IQ that was unsurpassed. Despite it being by far the secondary sport in his mind, he mastered the playbooks and won praise from his coach for being a general on the floor. If compared to an NBA player he would most likely be a Dwyane Wade type because his lack of three-point shooting was blissfully covered up by the other facets of his game. After two Ultimus trophies it's clear that Chess made the right decision, but had he stayed with basektball it would be extremely interesting to see what his career may have been. Before quitting the sport he had a few offers to play basketball and football at some MAC schools, but by the end of his senior year Chess knew he needed to take the Big Ten education and exposure it would give him to pro scouts so when he arrived in Ann Arbor the interesting basketball career of CA Chess was quietly laid to rest.

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - cwillis - 10-30-2017

Growing up in Mexico soccer was something Luis Elmarez was surrounded by from a very young age, he would often fill in at centre back for his local team and would enjoy watching Cruz Azul with his friends from both the football and soccer team. Luis Elmarez was a feared defender in his high school career with his unmatched strength and resilience he would often bully opposing strikers in the box and could body any winger in the high school circuit off the ball.

However much like in football Elmarez’ strength would only take him so far as he preferred to stick to the centre of the pitch where he wouldn’t get caught in any footraces with the pacey wingers and would very rarely be seen playing up the field unless on set pieces where he would often win battles in the air with his size and strength. Luckily for collegiate strikers Elmarez always new soccer was just a sport he enjoyed playing and did not match his skill or passion for football so he decided to focus his efforts on performing the best he could on the gridiron, Elmarez can sometimes still be seen lacing up his soccer boots and meeting up with a few friends and on very rare occasions in the off season can be seen filling in for the local amateur team.

Words: 226

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - bluesfan55 - 10-30-2017

Joseph Lombardi was not only a star kicker at Eastern Regional High School. He was also the star right winger on the hockey team there. Besides going 40/40 on FGs in his senior year, he also scored 50 points in 50 games as Eastern won the New Jersey DIAA championship. He almost turned pro straight out of high school, with CHL teams wanting him to join their teams. But, Lombardi decided to stick with football. Look at him now! He's a starting kicker for an NSFL team, something he dreamed about as a kid. Hockey, however, was Lombardi's true first passion, and something he will always love. An St. Louis Scarecrows fan, Lombardi is friends with (but not related to) Joseph Lombardi, the star right winger for the team who coincidentally went to the same high school as him at the same time.

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - BOOM™ - 10-30-2017

The Otters sophomore defensive end, J.D. Boom wasn't the most athletic kid growing up. He tried a lot of sports, such as basketball, baseball, soccer and even golf, but he was either mediocre at them or simply didn't enjoy playing that particular sport. He already knew that football was his favorite, so he wanted to find something that could challenge his intellect, as well as continuing to develop his physicality. Any idea's what he settled on? No? Well let me introduce you to ChessBoxing.

[Image: chess-boxing-brand-design_7-1920x1080.jpg]

A typical chessboxing fight consists of 11 rounds. There are 6 rounds of chess and 5 rounds of boxing. These rounds alternate, beginning and ending with a round of chess. Each round lasts three minutes, regardless of whether it involves chess or boxing. After each chess round, the exact setup is recorded and then repositioned before the next chess round. The breaks in between the chess and boxing rounds usually last 60 seconds. It's a sport that develops strength and agility as well as concentration and strategic thinking. Will it be helpful to Boom's development as a footballer here in the NSFL? Who know. But the good news is, he's only had his ass kicked twice so far!

[Image: 1237467251_punch.gif]

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - pulsedk - 10-30-2017

Bastion grew up as a football star. For as long as he could remember, everybody knew that he would make it as a football player. But nobody knew that Bastion was a dual sport star. But he wasn't a two sport star in the typical respect. He couldn't make a basket, couldn't score a goal, and hell, he couldn't even set a volleyball. But Bastion had a type of precision and grace that was needed to be a star nonetheless. No, no in golf. Bastion would take weekend trips to California or Florida to compete in his other love, Croquet. Bastion would practice for hours in his backyard with just his mallet and his wickets. He would practice achieving his breaks and roquets. Although Bastion has never won a national croquet championship, he still plans on winning one after his long NSFL career is finished.

It is said that all great croquet players go to Croquet Heaven after they've, hit their final shot, per se. Bastion's ultimate dream is to go to Croquet Heaven, where no shots are missed, and all rounds turn into all-round breaks. Just the thought of this brings back the memories of his most recent croquet match where his ball ended up in the jaws and this caused him to lose. I'm sure all of you guys can relate to this situation. Classic.

Code:
226 Words

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - kckolbe - 10-30-2017

Kevin Cushing tried a variety of sports as a kid, pushed into them through a combination of natural athletic talent, aggressive competitiveness, lack of parental involvement, and a complete inability to interact with other kids his age in any other environment. He started off in baseball, but found the slow pace frustrating, and quit after the t-ball stand pitched a no-hitter (not a perfect game, though. Strong winds forced a walk early in the eighth, almost costing the game). Still, he did find it interested, and hoped to get more involved in it later in life once he was more coordinated. After that he tried hockey, but growing up in Houston had provided few opportunities to practice skating, and he kept falling down on the way to start fights, which charitably ended in “draws” due to mutual lack of balance, though he did have a lot of fun. Finally, he tried basketball, but his overly physical nature resulted in frequent foul trouble, and he found himself interested in little more than fighting for rebounds and getting the occasional, day-brightening block. That was about it for other sports. He had briefly considered getting into competitive mixed martial arts, but he was already at 200 words.

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - datboi - 10-30-2017

Isaac Brown was always made for football, but his dad who had been a rising prospect, always tried to get him into baseball and hope the talent he had passed on. At first his father thought that maybe the talent hadn't passed as Isaac couldn't hit anything. But then he knew his son had a cannon for a arm and he tried to teach him how to pitch. He started to do pretty good, It looked like he had some control and for sure some velocity and designated hitters were a thing. Isaac joined a local little league team and dominated his fellow kids with nothing but pure heaters. He had nothing else and he got pretty far with it. He has a few stories of him throwing no-hitters and even a perfect game. Though baseball was not Isaac's dream sport, that would be and would always be football no matter how much his father pushed him towards his dream sport that he excelled at. When he started middle school his effectiveness was gone. Everyone knew what he was going to throw. His fastball got more and more predictably and the velocity was not good enough to be effective with only a fastball. His father tried to convince him to just become a closer but Isaac insisted that he quit baseball and focus on his dream of football. His father finally relented and let his son follow his dream that he is hoping to make a career out of.

(S4) - PT #2 - Dual Sport Stars - ItsJustBarry - 10-30-2017

Growing up poor and without both parents around, I didn’t have many opportunities to play sports. Not being a very active kid, I was usually last picked for any typical sports that kids play. It also didn’t help that my parents named me Scrub. I preferred the mental sports games myself anyway. I used my brain and what little strength I had to build a giant fighting robot in my grandparent’s basement. Once the robot was fully functional, I spent the next several months getting familiar with his strengths and weaknesses. During this time, I started to feel like I was a part of this robot. I could feel the pain that he felt and the triumphs when he succeeded. It was at this point that I registered for my membership into the Federal Unified Commission Knowledgeable in Affirming Special Interest for Phony Intelligence (F.U.C.K.A.S.I.P.I). At last, it was finally my night and my robot was primed and ready. He entered the ring and I stared mesmerized by this larger than life creation that I had created, the other robot stepped up and destroyed him with 1 punch. That’s when I decided to try my shot as a football QB and the rest is history.

205 words

Please give the first 3 TPE to @DollarAndADream