International Simulation Football League
*What difference an offseason can make - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *What difference an offseason can make (/showthread.php?tid=5738)

*What difference an offseason can make - StevenOSullivan - 10-30-2017

Since last season, a lot has changed for me. I was an ineffective Tight end in the DSFL, who was going to change to Offensive Line, but then with recent rule changes stuck with Tight End and will see how I can do this year on the Orange County Otters. I was drafted in the first round so there will be some expectation on me to produce. I will be in one of the highest-powered offenses in the league, with the best Quarterback in the league in Mike Boss, two of the best (if not the best) Wide Receivers in the league in Bradley Westfield and Robert Phelps, as well as two good Running Backs in Erlich Burnsman and Leroy Jenkins. Given all of that, it is clear that there will be many points scored by this team, but also the fact that there are already many catches that will go a different way. It never hurts to have an effective Tight End, but it is also clear that this sim is not the best to Tight Ends. I hope that I can still catch the occasional first down pass or maybe even touchdown.

What has changed for me as a player? A lot! With the position change pending, my updates had not been really done for a couple weeks and so this off-season I managed to add a ton of TPE, especially now with the new season starting as well. Right now, I have gotten 86 new TPE to give my player to get me to 163 TPE total, meaning that I got basically almost double the TPE I had previously.

How have I used those TPE? Here is a closer break-down of my update to show what I think have been good updates for my player and how I hope they will work in the sim.

First off, I upped my strength tremendously from 51 to 63, getting a huge boost there that should help me especially as a blocker, a role I am sure I will continue to be very good at and where I can help my team, given how much we throw.

I raised my agility only slightly, from 52 to 56, ensuring a bit more agility in my game both as a blocker and receiver, but wanted to focus more on other areas.

My speed was already quite high at 70, I only raised it by one to 71. Speed is important in this sim in any regard, so I wanted to boost it a bit, but basically had already done that early on.

Hands was something I wanted to focus on most, with it being a big boost both for blocking and especially receiving, given Mike Boss another sure-handed receiving option. I raised this particular skill from 60 all the way to 75.

I wanted to improve my blocking more directly as well, raising both Pass and Run Blocking from 46 to 52, giving me a bit more of an edge there and hoping I can help block some of the dangerous Defensive Ends in the league.

With all those changes, I think I can at least be somewhat decent as a rookie already and hope to impress the league. I will continue to improve my player and will hopefully become one of the dangerous Tight Ends in the league.

With Tight End being such a tough position to play, I have no idea what to expect from this season, but my goal is to reach 500 yards, 3 touchdowns, 25 pancakes and less than 3 sacks allowed. I know those might be lofty goals, but I want to truly contribute for this team and show I can be a threat in every aspect of the game.

Watch out!

*What difference an offseason can make - timeconsumer - 10-30-2017

Really excited to play with you this season. We needed someone to fill the big shoes left when George Wright Jr. moved to DE and I think we found the perfect fit.

*What difference an offseason can make - dustyatters - 10-30-2017

Glad I won't be competing against you this season in the DSFL! Would have been a monster Smile