International Simulation Football League
*Baltimore Beat - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Baltimore Beat (/showthread.php?tid=5740)

*Baltimore Beat - iamslm22 - 10-30-2017

Hey everyone, it's James McNulty back for another segment of the Baltimore beat. Today we have a story on Baltimore Hawks kicker and punter Turk Turkleton. Turk has been a mainstay of the Baltimore Hawks since season one, and considered one of the veterans of the team. A captain for the specials teams of the Hawks Turkleton gave us some time today ahead of the start of the season 4 season of the NSFL.

Before we get into the interview let's review Turk's season 3 season. He had an overall successful season as he helped the team get back to the Ultimus, winning back to back NSFC championship games. Turk had a very solid season, though many in Baltimore are hoping for more improvement. One of the most impressive thing's Turk did was hit an NSFL record 57 yard FG. Turk missed 5 field goals on the year going 24 for 29 and missed 2 extra points going 31 for 33. His volume will likely increase this coming season as many expect the Hawks to be even better on offense. Turk also pulled punting duty for the Hawks and he was basically league average when he averaged 45 yards per punt.

In the playoffs Turk struggled a bit. Though he did not miss a field goal he missed an extra point in each game. Against the Liberty the Hawks were so dominant Turk didn't even get a chance to try a field goal, yet he missed one of his five extra point tries. Against the outlaws Turk hit field goals of 38 and 42 yards but missed his only extra point try when the game was already out of reach. In both games as well Turk was out punted. In the Ultimus game he was facing off against number one punter in the league Christiano Ronaldo, and in the conference championship game he was facing off against Stephen Harris of the Liberty. Turk punted pretty well in both games, but had a lower average than his opponents did.

Without further ado, here's our sit down with Hawks Kicker and Punter Turk Turkleton

JM: Thank you for sitting with us today Turk, happy to have you.

TT: Great to be here

JM: Pro bowl results just came out, are you disappointed to not make the kicker or punter spot?

TT: I think being seletected for the Pro Bowl is something every player in the league wants to achieve. That being said, Im not not too disapointed with not making a spot. I accepted that my preformance last season, while not horribly bad, wasn't breath taking amazing either. I recorded the furthest kick for the second season in a row, both being a 57 yarder, but besides that feat, I didn't really achieve much this season. Missing 5 field goals really hurt my stock this year. Harris and Sims both had very good years, so Im happy for them that they made the rosters. I`m set to give it my all again next season and hopefulyl get selected and actually play in the S4 probowl.

JM: You're both the kicker and the punter for the Hawks, which spot do you prefer?

TT: Between punting and kicker, I prefer the kicker position more. Always have and most likely always will. I just love the thrill of kicking. All eyes on you as the ball gets snapped back and put infront of you. It being your duty to kick that ball in for the field goal. Maybe I don't like kicking as much due to me not being that good at it judging from my stats from last season hah, but yeah, if I had too make a choice I`d choose kicker every day of the week.

JM: Your Hawks have made back to back conference championship games. Are you satisfied with that? And what do you have to do to make it again and beat the ASFC in S4

TT: I am very satisfied with our back to back conference championships. We had a rough start in season 1, where we ended last in the league. So seeing us win back to backs now has been amazing. I`m very happy with the squad we have here in Baltimore and hope we can make it back to the playoffs final this season. I think we need to stay confident, but no be cocky this season. I foresee a few teams having a rough season, so getting maximum points off them is a necessity. Also beating Arizona is going to be huge in the regular season. They are probably favorites in their race for the four peat. If we can play the regular season perfectly and clinch home advantage throughout the entire playoffs, I think we'll have a very good chance of winning a cup this season.

JM: How do you feel about all the new changes in Baltimore? Two new RBs and a new QB, that's a lot for an offense

TT: I feel like very good changes were made. A lot of great players moved around and will make us very strong in our offense. We`ll have to practise hard before the season stars to get all that new offense gelling well, but I think we should be good to go when the season starts again. The most exciting part I feel like will be to see how everyone does in their new roles.

JM: Which teammates do you feel are leaders on the team? How so?

TT: Owen Taylor and Avon Blocksdale always seem to be active and about in the locker room. I feel like they are two people who show a great leadership. (Kurt) Hendrix of course as well due to his role within the team. It's good too have these guys around keeping everyone involved and bringing a lot of activity to a team.

So there you have it! Expect Turk to have a better S4 than he did S3. These Hawks are excited for this season, and I know I am too. Until next time, I'm James McNulty of the Baltimore beat.

1014 - Ready for grading - first million to @Raven

*Baltimore Beat - Raven - 10-30-2017

Thanks for the interview BAL Im always down for another some day

*Baltimore Beat - manicmav36 - 10-30-2017

Great stuff guys! I would love to see more of these.