International Simulation Football League
Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk (/showthread.php?tid=578)

Pages: 1 2

Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - 37thchamber - 05-26-2017

"Antoine, did you watch the All-American Bowl?"

"I didn't manage to catch it, no. I wasn't in a convenient time zone for it, but I do want to watch the footage or at least highlights. Those guys are going to be my rivals and teammates hopefully, so I thought it would be wise to get a look at them in action."

"Had you been expecting to play?"

"I already knew I wasn't going to be taking part, but before that? Yeah I had thought maybe I would get the call. I'm disappointed to not have made the cut, but I'm trying not to dwell on it, you know? To me it's just an indicator that I still need to work hard. I know people have their doubts, and I'm intent on doing everything I can to smash those. I'm not your stereotypical defensive back, I get that. I mean, I have a degree in computer science. IT guy and athlete project two very different images in the mind, and that's me."

(now taking other questions)

Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - timeconsumer - 05-26-2017

1) Being a cornerback coming from mostly zone coverage experience, how do you feel you can perform when paired up against a #1 WR on an island?
2) Do you think your lack of endurance will cause some teams to drop you down their draft boards?
3) Which WR in this year's draft class are you most looking forward to covering?
4) With your speed and agility how would you feel if your coaches wanted you to take some snaps on special teams as well as corner, say as a punt returner or a gunner? Do you have any experience with that?
5) Tabasco or Crystal hot sauce?

Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - 37thchamber - 05-26-2017

1) Being a cornerback coming from mostly zone coverage experience, how do you feel you can perform when paired up against a #1 WR on an island?
"It's the hardest thing to do as a defensive back, and I'm well aware of that, but like any other challenge I've faced, I think I can step up. Listen to your coaches, work on the movements, repeat it over and over again. That's how I got to where I am now. If I get paired up with a receiver man to man, then I don't have time to be worrying about how good I am, I just have to get out there and cover him. If I can stay with him, I have a good chance of stopping the catch."

2) Do you think your lack of endurance will cause some teams to drop you down their draft boards?
"This is something that was mentioned to me by my coaches, and endurance is something you can improve through your workouts, so it's something I'm working on at the moment. I don't think it's something to worry about right now because I can overcome that, you know? You train, you get better. That's the nature of sport. I don't doubt that some teams might maybe drop me down on their board, but if they do, and I go elsewhere, then I'll just enjoy proving them wrong even more."

3) Which WR in this year's draft class are you most looking forward to covering?
"Tough question, but I think maybe Damian West. He's quick, has good hands, runs crisp routes. I think he'd be a challenge and as an athlete you always want to push yourself, and test your ability against the best. He's definitely up there, I think. If we end up on the same team, even better. We can go at it on the training field."

4) With your speed and agility how would you feel if your coaches wanted you to take some snaps on special teams as well as corner, say as a punt returner or a gunner? Do you have any experience with that?
"Yeah, I have some experience returning punts in college ball, and I enjoyed the challenge. Completely different skill set to zone coverage, haha. But yeah, special teams is no problem. I think most of my early snaps were as a gunner, actually, so yeah. I'm absolutely okay with it. I'll do whatever my coaches think is best for the team, I'm all about the wins. If doing it will help the team win, consider it done."

5) Tabasco or Crystal hot sauce?
"Haha, this is going to be controversial, isn't it? Uh, of those two, I'd probably go with tabasco. At home we have Encona, though. Grandma's sauce of choice, so it's what I've grown up with."

Thanks for the questions.

Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - NUCK - 05-29-2017

Why do you think you are ready to play at the NSFL level?

Do you expect a huge signing bonus?

Whos your draft night date?

In a perfect world, who would win the Super Bowl?

Do you console game at all?

What system?

Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - Admin - 05-29-2017

:interview:
Would you rather lay a huge hit or get an interception?

Who was your favorite player growing up?

What is your pump up song during warmups?

What do you do better than anyone else at your position?

When you play Madden which player is your favorite to control?

Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - RavensFanFromOntario - 05-29-2017

Madden or FIFA?
Chocolate or Peanut Butter?
Cake or Pie?
Favourite NSFL team?
Where do you see your player in 3 seasons?

Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - Jogn - 05-29-2017

Tell us about the decision to go to LSU - that can't have been easy, coming from Ragin' Cajun country?

There are more than two CBs per team in this draft class - do you have any experience contributing in nickel looks or on punt returns?

It's clear that you put some time in the weights room during your college career. Any haunting catches, or did you just want to improve yourself?

What was your relationship with Henri Rivere, the other notable CB coming out of LSU? Would you rather be his teammate or rival?

You're the shortest Corner in this draft class, are you at all worried about covering some of the giants that are in this WR class?

Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - Jbearly - 05-29-2017

Are you ready to play against recievers like Joshua Garden and Damien West?

You're playing a position that's being underrated in this draft, are you prepared to fall into the later rounds?

Do you want to the number 1 corner or would you be fine playing a system role?

What are some words that describe Antoine Delacour?

Do you miss your college football days?

Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - ErMurazor - 05-29-2017

What's your favorite Pokemon?

Have you ever done anything for charity?

What was your favorite subject throughout school?

What's your least favorite form of cardio?

Most influential coach throughout your career?

Antoine Delacour pre-draft media talk - Perkules - 05-30-2017

If you get beat badly in practice, how do you rebound from it?

What is the most value lesson you've learned on the field, that you can relate to on the field?

Who is your mothers favorite QB?

Your coach holds you out for a quarter of the game due to be late to practice, how do you react?

In a crowded CB draft class how do you stand out?