International Simulation Football League
*Season Two: A Memoir - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Season Two: A Memoir (/showthread.php?tid=5852)

Pages: 1 2

*Season Two: A Memoir - 124715 - 11-03-2017

Season Two: A Memoir: Introduction
by Paul DiMirio

To me, Season 2 was everything. Despite the fact that I joined in S1, Season 2 was where I would break out. I made my earliest friends on this site in Season 2 ( @Ben @bovovovo @Kronen ) and I saw my first field (go Pomona Mongeese!) in the NSFL during Season 2. Add in the fact that I wasn't claimed off waivers, or through Free Agency in Season 1 (the Yeti opted for Jesse Sanderson instead), and Season 2 was where everything started. I want to recount the series of events, through my own eyes. Naturally, I'll start with, well, what started everything.

Prospect games.

From there, I'll discuss training for the draft, and talking with GMs right up until a pre-scheduled conflict caused me to lose internet connection on the night of the draft. I remember what each of the GMs told me. I'll go OOC to discuss and grade the draft, then talk with a few of my prospects to see where they are now. Retired? MVP-caliber? DSFL? It's funny the way we spread. The draft was one of the biggest, strongest, deepest of all time. The QB class featured three promising players - now, a DSFL player who just switched teams (Christian Adams), a recreated K/P (Shawn Brady Guy), and a S who plays LB (Torque *construction noise* Lewith). I remember the ferocious debate between Ardie Savea and Darlane Farlane ( @Gwdaja ). Now, one, a GM, looks to overcome his team's inauspicious start, while the other, post-OROY, has fallen into inactivity and mediocrity. I aslo remember Eric Kennedy, picked towards the last reaches of the draft, now pushing 300 TPE and providing valuable checkdown options for Chris Orosz. The WR class was strong off the bat, with Fox North headlining the first round, and Dustin Evans (now in HO) finishing off the second round. It was strong in the middle, with C.A. Chess coming off the board 32nd. It was strong towards the later ends of the draft, with steal Damien Kroetch, steal turned retiree Matthew Vincent, and steal turned irrelevant WR3 Darren Smallwood Tongue ( @tlk742 ). The TE class, which I was part of, featured me, a hybrid WR, my good friend Perry Tucker, now a LB/DE, and two inactives - Jesse Sanderson and the infamous Carmel Gibson, who I, with the help of @Player1, incriminated for illegal supplement use. The OL class of S2- excuse me, THE OL class, (of S2), featured a whopping 19 prospects which threw a major, albeit temporary, wrench into the exploding need for OL in the league. Now, some are in the DSFL, inactive. Some are studs on steadfast lines, others still have switched positions. On the other side of the lines, I remember my friend Bork Björnsson tearing it up, and the little-known Owen Taylor breaking out on the fields. I remember the dominance of Jupiter Oaks on the fields. Now, inactive, he plays for me -- in the DSFL. In his place, Kevin Cushing ( @kckolbe ), my pre-draft nemesis-turned-CB-turned-teammate, and then ex-TE Perry Tucker, have turned into the top LBs. In the safety department, the Hawks made the worst pick of this draft by selecting Jorge Masdival 20th, where once-QB Torque Lewith now looks like a steal - at $LB. The CB class held late risers Tyler Oles, DROY, and Kristoffer O’Sullivan, retired. Dermot Lavelle, the S1 player, wowed us all with spectacular TPE totals. Darnell Turner kicked off the first round as another solid pick. I'll discuss finding my team, my thoughts of the draft, and everything else important to me.

I’m ready to start.

Code:
607 wrds

GRADED

*Season Two: A Memoir - tlk742 - 11-03-2017

Irrelevant, that stings.

*Season Two: A Memoir - SwagSloth - 11-03-2017

Nice write-up, man. S2 was an interesting draft class on many levels. It's definitely fun to look back and see how far so many of us have come.

(11-03-2017, 12:35 PM)tlk742 Wrote:Irrelevant, that stings.

Tongue

(11-03-2017, 12:45 PM)SwagSloth Wrote:Nice write-up, man. S2 was an interesting draft class on many levels. It's definitely fun to look back and see how far so many of us have come.

Especially you, who came from near inactivity!

*Season Two: A Memoir - Ben - 11-03-2017

Crazy to look back on eh!
I was just telling Bovo the other day I've been meaning to do a "S2 Pomona Mongeese, Where are they now?" type article but I'm really struggling to find the time nowadays.
Man I miss @Gwdaja tho, now my S2 RB competitor is @SwagSloth

*Season Two: A Memoir - SwagSloth - 11-03-2017

(11-03-2017, 07:43 PM)Ben Wrote:now my S2 RB competitor is @SwagSloth

Looking forward to it. After this week's update, I should only be 9 TPE behind.

*Season Two: A Memoir - 124715 - 11-04-2017

(11-03-2017, 09:43 PM)Ben Wrote:Crazy to look back on eh!
I was just telling Bovo the other day I've been meaning to do a "S2 Pomona Mongeese, Where are they now?" type article but I'm really struggling to find the time nowadays.
Man I miss @Gwdaja tho, now my S2 RB competitor is @SwagSloth

Man, I'd love to collaborate with you on that!

*Season Two: A Memoir - manicmav36 - 11-04-2017

(11-03-2017, 08:43 PM)Ben Wrote:Man I miss @Gwdaja tho, now my S2 RB competitor is @SwagSloth

He was a good dude, sorry he fell off the planet.
I'm a S2 RB now though, watch your back!

*Season Two: A Memoir - Jiggly_333 - 11-04-2017

All this talk of the S2 prospect games and no mention of the OG greatest PBP person of all time and their innovations in the area of covering punts.

But whatever, it's not like I had feelings to hurt.
[Image: tumblr_m74jzx69c41r7wqim.gif]