International Simulation Football League
Vick Bowers Jr. (HB) Press Conference - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Vick Bowers Jr. (HB) Press Conference (/showthread.php?tid=611)

Pages: 1 2 3

Vick Bowers Jr. (HB) Press Conference - Bengals1Fan - 05-26-2017

The Press Conference for Vick Bowers Jr. will now commence! Halfback from the University of Georgia, Bowers has completed his pre-draft combine and will now accept pre-draft PM's as well as any public questions here.

Bowers has the right to refuse to answer any and all questions.

Ask Away!

(05-26-2017, 03:06 PM).Broken Wrote:1. How did you feel about your performance in the combine? Were you hoping for more?
2. With that performance, do you have a rough estimate of where you'll go in the draft?
3. Do you think you'll be guaranteed a starting position for whichever team selects you?
4. Would you switch positions to something if the team promised more playing time?
5. What made you decide to make a HB? Always been your #1 choice?

1) I think my performance in the Combine was admirable. I think i'm not the type of guy to say it was the best, but it was good enough to be the best back in the league come the end of season one.
2) I think in the draft, being a halfback is important. A team with the right mindset will take me high. How high? I'm not 100% sure. We'll find out soon.
3) I think I should be. I think i'm the best back with the best college track record in the draft.
4) I think I'd consider any GM asking me to switch, but they'd need to ask before the draft. If and when i'm drafted as a HB, I will play HB.
5) Running the ball is my love. I love the combination of speed and Power that I have built.

(05-26-2017, 04:26 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Mr. Bowers, Don B. Zonozi here from Football and Squash Quarterly

1) Have any teams reached out to you with predraft interest?
2) How do you explain your 1.8 YPC performance in the All American game?
3) Have you ever considered changing sports, perhaps to squash?
4) Did you see any standout players in the All American game that stick in your mind?
5) What's your favorite food?

1) Yes. My inbox is not as filled as I'd like, but there is interest.
2) I explain it with a lack of carries. I held the ball 4 times. All it takes is one carry to change an average so I don't put much into it. If I'm the feature back, things will be different.
3) No. Only other sport i've ever loved is track
4) All the guys competed. I think having the players already on teams in the draft was dumb.
5) I love Chinese Food.

(05-26-2017, 05:15 PM)daBenchwarmer Wrote:1. What's your favourite food?

2. Have you been in contact with any fellow draftees? Who's your favourite?

3. What team would you want to be drafted by? Any reason specifically?

4. What's your pregame routine?

5. Do you feel like your time at Georgia helped your development? What specifically?

1) Answered previously.
2) I have talked to a few, but I don't play favorites. We're all just trying to make the league.
3) I wanna make the league as a Halfback. In terms of teams, I think there are a few GM's i'd like to play for a little bit more then others, but I'm keeping those preferences close to my belt. The teams I want to play for know I'd like to play for them.
4) I like to put on my pads and tape before eating. Sitting in the Pads for a few hours helps me to prepare for getting hit and making jukes in the hole. It helps to get me aware to my surroundings.
5) Georgia helped in a lot of ways. Academically obviously, but also because it helped me learn a lot about the game of football. We all saw what guys like Todd [Gurley] did after their time at Georgia and I hope to have a similar understanding.

(05-26-2017, 06:06 PM)Ghostspeed Wrote:Mr. Bowers big fan 1st time caller..,
Got 2 questions

1.Are you considering taking a GM spot in the expansion?

2.What's a typical day food wise for Vick Bowers...i.e.: McDonald's  McGriddles followed by Taco Bell Naked Chicken chips..Gives us the breakdown.

:cheers:

1) Me? Haha no. I'm not a GM. Just a player looking to get drafted. I wouldn't even know how to do that.

2) My Routine is a little jumbled right now with the Combine and draft. Usually I wake up and immediately get right into push ups and situps. Little early morning work. Then I go for a few mile run before eating, then getting to whatever work I need to for the day.

(05-28-2017, 02:24 PM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:There's a linebacker coming your way. What would you use in your arsenal to continue the run (juke, spin, shoulder change, stiff arm, etc.)?

What songs/genres do you have ready for game day?

Have any sponsors, such as Nike or Under Armour, contacted you?

Favorite Season: Winter, Spring, Fall, or Summer?

Do you think Tom Brady is a cheater?

1) I like a little head fake and then stiff arm. If all else fails, I can lower the shoulder and power through.

2) I like Rap music a lot.

3) I've spoken to a few, but the draft and rookie season will determine where that conversation goes.

4) Fall duh

5) Yes

(05-28-2017, 03:26 PM)WinstonKodogo Wrote:1. What's your preferred method of social media?
2. What's your favourite of your career so far?
3. Any one you would like to be drafted along side you?
4. Karaoke song of choice?
5. What's stat do you see as being the most important?

1) Snapchat. Nude game is crazy.
2) Favourite what
3) Um I'd like a solid team? Lol other then that anyone is fine.
4) Pony by Ginuwine
5) Touchdowns. Gotta change the pace of the game by adding your stamp to the highlight reel.

(05-28-2017, 11:27 PM)Shaka Wrote:Vic Bowers is actually a boss name, how'd you come up with it?
The Zeke Elliot picbase works well with it, was that by design?
Are you a fan of Elliot?
Would you say VB's style is close to Elliots?
Did you pick RB because it's a fairly easy position to play in the game?
1) Just liked the ring of it!
2) Yeah for sure. Zeke is a nice culmination of a lot of things I wanted Bowers to have.
3) Yeah I liked when he trampled Pittsburgh
4) Yeah for sure. Power with Speed to boot.
5) I don't know about the game, I just know I like playing running back!

(05-28-2017, 11:33 PM)Grapehead Wrote:Do you consider either of your parents to be one of your heroes?

What expectations do you have of yourself as a rookie?

What expectations do you have for your competition?

What sets you apart from others?

What is your ultimate goal?
1) Yeah, my dad Vick Bowers Sr. I think was really an inspiration for me when I was growing up.
2) I expect to fight for Rookie of the Year, and help lead my team to wins.
3) I think the competition will be tight, but doubt anyone is as dedicated to winning as I am.
4) My dedication, as well as my freedom of time. I work all day on my craft of being a halfback. So really I will be the most active on my team.
5) Win the NSFL championship. My hand is too light without a ring or 3 on it.

(05-29-2017, 10:38 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:You just won the championship, what's your celebratory food?

What language would you like to speak?

Do you know how to play Chess?

Have you ever injured another player on the field?

What's the worst injury you've endured?
1) Chinese Food.
2) Chinese
3) Yeah, I'm actually super good at chess.
4) I break Ankles all the time
5) I'm made of stone, never been injured.

(05-30-2017, 12:56 PM)Perkules Wrote:Do you prefer to run between the tackles or outside the tacklebox?

With the small amount of lineman signed up, would you prefer to be on a team who takes a runblocker?

What's an asset you posses that doesn't show just from your attributes?

What's your experience in sim leagues?

Predict your rookie season stat line?
1) I prefer to run the ball wherever there's a hole. Whether it's outside of inside, no difference to me.
2) I prefer a team built to win. Whether that means we have blockers and i'm the feature guy, or if I spell off of the pass game and change the pace. Whatever gets us the championship.
3) Professionalism, and committment. I also make dope graphics.
4) I don't have much. Saw the reddit Ad so here I am.
5) I wanna break 1,000 yards and 9 TD's

Vick Bowers Jr. (HB) Press Conference - .Broken - 05-26-2017

1. How did you feel about your performance in the combine? Were you hoping for more?
2. With that performance, do you have a rough estimate of where you'll go in the draft?
3. Do you think you'll be guaranteed a starting position for whichever team selects you?
4. Would you switch positions to something if the team promised more playing time?

Vick Bowers Jr. (HB) Press Conference - timeconsumer - 05-26-2017

Mr. Bowers, Don B. Zonozi here from Football and Squash Quarterly

4) Did you see any standout players in the All American game that stick in your mind?

Vick Bowers Jr. (HB) Press Conference - daBenchwarmer - 05-26-2017

1. What's your favourite food?

5. Do you feel like your time at Georgia helped your development? What specifically?

(05-26-2017, 03:06 PM).Broken Wrote:1. How did you feel about your performance in the combine? Were you hoping for more?

Answered.

(05-26-2017, 04:26 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Mr. Bowers, Don B. Zonozi here from Football and Squash Quarterly

Answered.

Vick Bowers Jr. (HB) Press Conference - Ghostspeed - 05-26-2017

Mr. Bowers big fan 1st time caller..,
Got 2 questions

2.What's a typical day food wise for Vick Bowers...i.e.: McDonald's McGriddles followed by Taco Bell Naked Chicken chips..Gives us the breakdown.

(05-26-2017, 05:15 PM)daBenchwarmer Wrote:1. What's your favourite food?

Answered.

(05-26-2017, 06:06 PM)Ghostspeed Wrote:Mr. Bowers big fan 1st time caller..,
Got 2 questions

2.What's a typical day food wise for Vick Bowers...i.e.: McDonald's  McGriddles followed by Taco Bell Naked Chicken chips..Gives us the breakdown.

Answered.

Vick Bowers Jr. (HB) Press Conference - SimmerDownBruhh - 05-28-2017

There's a linebacker coming your way. What would you use in your arsenal to continue the run (juke, spin, shoulder change, stiff arm, etc.)?

What songs/genres do you have ready for game day?

Have any sponsors, such as Nike or Under Armour, contacted you?

Favorite Season: Winter, Spring, Fall, or Summer?

Do you think Tom Brady is a cheater?