International Simulation Football League
*Terrell Brister's favorite moments from HS - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Terrell Brister's favorite moments from HS (/showthread.php?tid=6156)

*Terrell Brister's favorite moments from HS - tbone415 - 11-24-2017

Some of you may know the basic story of Terrell Brister. I made two media posts about it, but this time I will go into detail on some of my favorite moments from my High School career!

Winthrop @ Revere in the rain down by 1 with 35 seconds left.

Now for all of you people that don’t know Winthrop and Revere play every Thanksgiving. It’s a bitter rivalry and it's been a rivalry for many many years. My Junior year was weird though as thunderstorms were forecasted that day so they postponed the game until later in the evening. It was still stormy and you could hear thunder in the distance towards the end of the game but the thunderstorms had passed our area and the game was nearly over so no reason to stop it now. So it was a close game at 28 to 27 (missed extra point killed us). They had the ball at our 5 on 3rd down, the crowd was into it “Defense, Defense, Defense!” they chanted through the rain. We had 1 more timeout so defeat seemed imminent. Coach told me on the sidelines to run a cover 3 look and have me control the middle of the field and the safety take the corner of the end zone. The ball is snapped I see what looks to be a slants concept and I quickly look at the QB’s eyes. He is doing a good job of progressing through his reads as our pass rush was nowhere to be found. He begins to throw, it looks like it is going to go over my head! I leap as high as I could and in the most un-Asante Samuel like fashion I pick it. As I return to earth I slipped on the slick ground. The crowd entered a new level, as all I could hear was them explode. I got up all muddy and started to run, directing my blockers. I knew there was no way I could run this all the way back but I had to get as far as I could to get in range for a field goal try. 50, 45, 40, 35, 30 2- and I go down at the 24. By this point there is only 13 seconds on the clock and the offense needs to get as close as they can for our kicker. Luck was on our side as our kicker was a senior who was a 4 star recruit. With one second left we called a timeout, kicked it, and won.

Revere @ Chelsea

I took snaps at both kick and punt returner in my time at Revere High. My superior speed made me pretty explosive, watch out Dante Hall! This was a blowout, not some cinderella story like the last one. We were up 28-3 my junior year. We had just forced another punt and to be honest I was having fun toying with my receiver, he had stone hands and ran what looked to be a 5.28 40 yard dash. He also had a poor build, he was skinny, he also lacked great physical stature and strength. So he would have made it as a Chiefs receiver in 2013. The punter kicked a wobbler and I fielded it, I quickly scanned the field and just sprinted. I saw a man coming to tackle me #36 I believe, and one of my team's receivers, #14 laid him out with a nasty block and I was gone. We won of course.

Revere @ Winthrop

Senior year. Thanksgiving. Revere vs. Winthrop again. Tie game, I was against sophomore the whole game man to man. He was faster than me and taller than me, I’ll give him that, but he needed other tools to be good receiver (such as the ability to catch the ball). He tried his best to get into my head, but none of it worked since at this point I knew I was the best man on the field. I had to do something to make this guy shut up and I had a plan. In the 3rd quarter I lined up opposite of him in the slot. I anticipated a slant/corner route combo to slow me and the corner that was lined up outside. They had run it a few times with success on me. The ball was snapped and I instantly looked over to the outside receiver, who was running a slant route as I predicted. Instead of shadowing my receiver I sat underneath his route. The safety double teamed the slant route so the QB didn’t throw there. He saw the corner route which looked to be open and threw it as he got rocked by the outside linebacker. Due to the fact he got hit it was slightly underthrown, so I jumped up and intercepted it. I was gone. Touchdown.

Thanks for reading. There were a few “easter eggs” in here about the patriots because this is my damn post and I can do what I want. Find them and you win nothing.

Words 844
Ready for grading

*Terrell Brister's favorite moments from HS - Bayley - 11-25-2017

Lynn, Lynn city of sin.

*Terrell Brister's favorite moments from HS - tbone415 - 11-29-2017

(11-25-2017, 04:51 PM)BayleyIsland Wrote:Lynn, Lynn city of sin.
Yep haha.

*Terrell Brister's favorite moments from HS - Bzerkap - 11-29-2017

I was expecting one word. 844 definitely blew me away

*Terrell Brister's favorite moments from HS - Bayley - 11-29-2017

Love seeing these towns. I'm only like 35 minutes from there haha.

*Terrell Brister's favorite moments from HS - tbone415 - 11-30-2017

(11-29-2017, 02:52 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:I was expecting one word. 844 definitely blew me away
Yeah. Well we all gotta earn that sweet sweet fake money somehow.