International Simulation Football League
NSFL Combine QB 40 Times - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: NSFL Combine QB 40 Times (/showthread.php?tid=621)

NSFL Combine QB 40 Times - Perkules - 05-26-2017

Before I hear the bitching I'm making it perfect clear this is as random as the All-American Bowl. I used three sets of seven different 40 times. One for speed of 40+ one for speed of 50+ and one for speed of 65+. Each set had 2 below average times, 2 average times, 2 above average times, and 1 great time.

I used a list randomizer and simply hit it three times 1st time = 1st unofficial 2nd time= unofficial and 3rd = official time. Without further ado.

Al Costas: I would like to Welcome all the viewers who turned into the first day of the Inaugural NSFL QB Combine. Our first event up today is always a crowd pleaser - the 40 yard dash. While some people question why Quarterbacks even run this, I thoroughly enjoy these studs trout up and down.

John Collinsworth: Let me tell you, we have some AMAZING athletes out here today. I'm looking at some of the names on this list and I think we will have a ball watching them run the 40. One named I have circled is the lesser known Cliff Hamilton from the World Renowned School of Hard Knocks. I saw him on tape and he looked fast!

Al: Well, it looks like our first QB is ready to take his first couple passes at the 40. Here comes Jameis Christ, what do you expect John?

John: To be honest, I'm not expecting to much our of this 40, he's the type of Gunslingin' Pocket Passer your grand pappy talked about. He's better in the tackle box than outside.

Results:
Jameis Christ
Unofficial 40 #1: 4.79
Unofficial 40 #2: 5.17
Official 40:

John: Well, that was interesting the difference in those runs really has us confused. I hope for his sake he can dial it back down to the 4.9- 5.0 range, that 5.17 was terrible performance.

Al: Holy smokes he was flying on that first pass, did he come up lame? I guess will see when he comes out to run his official pass. These unofficial times can get weird at times. Next up we have Anthony Petrakis, John what should we look for here?

John: This kid Petrakis can flat out fly, people with information have said he will run the fastest time of any QB at this combine.

Al: The Cal Bears love that spread offense which really fed to Petrakis's strength, his feet. I watched him on tape and several times forgot I was watching a QB. Oh and hes off!

Results:
Anthony Petrakis
Unofficial 40 #1: 4.53
Unofficial 40 #2: 4.79
Official 40:

Al: Well that second attempt it looked like his cleat got stuck, but boy what a comparison in speed between Christ and Petrakis!

John: I am in awe, this QB combine might set ratings records, whowuddathunkit would be fun to see QB's run. This next guy I'm excited to see him play for the Grizzlies, but his 40 time will probably be like watching paint dry. He is a prototypical pocket passer, a Peyton Manning type, Denver is in for a treat.

Al: I watched Logan Noble at Ohio State, I don't know about the Peyton Manning comparison yet, but I be he runs like him. Who knows maybe he will put his critics to bed who have questioned his athleticism due to a very slow foot speed.

Results:
Logan Noble
Unofficial 40 #1: 4.84
Unofficial 40 #2: 4.96
Official 40:

Al: Well that wasn't bad, he was just steps behind Jameis Christ on the first one, and followed it up with a solid second pass. Denver may have more than they bargained for with Noble.

John: WOOOOSH!! I've watched A LOT of tape on this kid, I've never seen him move like that. Denver Grizzlies look like they've got themselves a QB.

Al: Upnext is Trent Bender, I haven't heard a whole lot about this kid, tell us what you know John?

John: He's a 6'6 Gunslinger out of the University of Florida, I can't remember the last time their was a successful Gator QB in the league. Let's see what this tall drink of water out of UF has to offer speed wise.

Results:
Unofficial 40 #2: 4.89
Official 40:

Al: Well a model of consistency ripping off two decent 40 times, in his first two pulls. Pretty underwhelming I'm surprised he got an invite to the combine.

John: Easy there Al, the kids here for a reason. He was a 4th team All-American last year, the SEC is no cake walk as you know. I think this kid might be taken as a back up and win a job in camp. Oh boy! Next up is the one I've been waiting for! Cliff Hamilton boy does he look fast! You ready for this Al?

Al: I haven't seen you this riled up over a kid since Andrew Luck was coming into the league. You had to change your pants a few times that day, you bring some extra slacks?

Results:
Cliff Hamilton
Unofficial 40 #1: 4.64
Unofficial 40 #2: 4.76
Official 40:

Al: Well he didn't blow my doors off John, but it's obvious the kid can run. It'll be interesting to see what he does in the official 40.

John: My sources were telling me the kid was running 4.43 on a hand timed 40, I don't know maybe he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Only time will tell, but that was definitely not what I had hoped for.

Al: This next kid won't be blowing any doors of anything, but it should see if he can back up his mouth. He's a Boston College pocket passer, I think we see our worst performance of the day.

John: What I've heard from talking with his OC at Boston College, his loud mouth doesn't translate onto the field. Supposedly he's one of the most intelligent QB's that they've had wear a BC jersey. I can verify that he has a HUGE arm.

Al:I sure hope he can back that mouth up some how, lets see it!

Results:
Mike Boss
Unofficial 40 #1:5.24
Unofficial 40 #2: 5.24
Official 40:

Al: Whoever drafts this kid better go the Redskins route and another QB a few rounds later.

John: A model of consistency here with Boss. Behind a strong O Line is where boss belongs, and a team taking him will know this. The 40 time doesn't really drop him far down for me, I would have liked to see a stronger performance, but the intangibles make up for the speed.

Al: We must be getting to the paint dry portion of the broadcast, we started off so well but here comes another lesser known QB out of Navy. Like Boss a pocket passer, unlike Boss he probably knows when to keep his mouth shut.

John: Chris Orosz is going to make some team very happy, he is a cerebral assasin. He will use his intelligence to beat defenses. I don't know why all QB's have to run 40s, but here's Orosz.

Results:
Chris Orosz
Unofficial 40 #1: 5.19
Unofficial 40 #2: 5.06
Official 40:

John: While that wasn't entertaining, the fact he put up better numbers than boss has to give him a bump in the draft stock. I thought we would see the slowest performance of the day, but he ran solid.

Al: His post 40 interview he nailed it, i'll admit I didn't do my homework on this one. Sorry Chris Orosz, but you've made me a fan. What's next, hopefully something with a little speed?

John: I don't know about his wheels but I LOVE watching the kid throw a pigskin. Josh Bercovici was a joy to watch in ASU's Air Raid offense. People compare him to Nick Foles, I think his ceiling is much, much higher.

Al: I can see this is another of your "BRB I have to change my pants guys" but can he run?

Results:
Josh Bercovici
Unofficial 40 #2: 5.07
Official 40:

John: Pretty solid, I'd say. I would of liked to see him run a tad bit faster but that wasn't a bad outing. I'm looking for him to kill it in the final.

Al: What's pretty solid? You or his 40 time? Your love affair with this kid is apparent, I don't know if I would use a first rounder on him, I'd say mid 2nd is where he goes.

John: Very funny, this next guy I've been waiting all day to run and he should be able to turn on the jets, and get us out of this lull.

Al: Ethan Hunt? From Idaho State? You're excited for this John? This kid has backup/ Josh Johnson bust all over him. I doubt we see him play much in the NSFL, sure he can run but that's about it.

Results:
Ethan Hunt
Unofficial 40 #1: 4.53
Unofficial 40 #2: 4.53
Official 40:

Al: Bravo Ethan, I think he we would be better suited lined up in the backfield with his 6'0 215lbs frame. If he had any ball skills and vision he could be a Dalvin Cook type.

John: Be fair Al, the kid just blew the doors off our booth. Yes his size is a question at the next level, but look at Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, Tim Tebow.

Al: Tim Tebow? You mean this kid who is up next on the block?

John: *looking flustered as he looks down at the 40 order* I thought Tebow had aspirations of joining the MLB, did he change his mind for the NSFL? Oh well let's see if hes still got speed.

Al:Hopefully god is on his side.

Results:
Tim Tebow
Unofficial 40 #1: 4.51
Unofficial 40 #2: 4.46
Official 40:

Al: I'm starting to think Tebow showed up just for this event, because we've seen him in the NFL. He's not going to cut it.

John: You've got to give it to him, he was blazing out there. I know he had his issues in the league, but the NSFL is a shot at redemption. Heading into our last QB of the day it, it should end on a slow note with Pocket Passing Vincent Draxel.

Al: You know the saying save the best for last? Yeah we're not doing that with Draxel out of South Carolina.

Results:
Vincent Draxel
Unofficial 40 #1: 5.19
Unofficial 40 #2: 5.41
Official 40:

Al: Ha a snoozer. Too bad that Romeo Devitt wasn't able to run due to a failed drug test earlier this week.

John: You know I was looking forward to watching Devitt run, it's too bad what happened. Hopefully he gets his head on straight and come out on the right end of this thing.

Al: The final results are in, will leave it to the audience to discuss.

John: Al, as always it's been a time. Thanks for all the viewers watching at home.

Official 40 results:

Code:
Name  Official 40 Time
Cliff Hamilton    4.46
Anthony Petrakis    4.51
Tim Tebow    4.53
Ethan Hunt    4.76
Jameis Chris    4.89
Vincent Draxel    5.01
Logan Noble    5.17
Mike Boss    5.19
Chris Orosz    5.19
Trent Bender    5.22
Josh Bercovici    5.22
Romeo Devitt  DNR

Enjoy

NSFL Combine QB 40 Times - Admin - 05-26-2017

This was great! I hope we get to see it for other positions too!

NSFL Combine QB 40 Times - daBenchwarmer - 05-26-2017

Hunt's got some wheels!

Great article!

NSFL Combine QB 40 Times - Anti-Hype - 05-26-2017

Great right up! I like the process you created to get the times too. Seems fair.

NSFL Combine QB 40 Times - 701 - 05-26-2017

Good thing I'm mainly here for the passing, great read man!

NSFL Combine QB 40 Times - Merica - 05-26-2017

Great job man

NSFL Combine QB 40 Times - .wahala. - 05-28-2017

Tebow third? Dude's got game speed just wait for him out on the field. Toss bodies, win games, kiss bitches but not fuck em cuz he likes god.