International Simulation Football League
(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else (/showthread.php?tid=6246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Oles - 12-02-2017

Requirements

Written: Must Include 150 Words. It's not all about yourself, write about the player/gm besides yourself that you have the most respect for or is your favorite player.

Or

Graphic: Create a graphic of you and this player/gm in enjoying life in some way. It could be hanging out, playing minigolf, any sort of hobby that could be spent with someone else. You must include your render, their render, and an activity to receive full credit.

Payout

Full Payout = 2 TPE

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the Claim Thread

Deadline: Sunday Night, December 3rd - 11:59 PM PST

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - White Cornerback - 12-02-2017

Without a doubt the player I've got the most respect for has to be Joseph Lombardi. Lombardi was traded from the Liberty to the Wraiths last year in a deadline move, following the announcement of the current Wraiths kicker Archibald Booter. Booter struggled notoriously for the Wraiths in his three season tenure and decided enough was enough, much to the shock of all Wraiths front office. Lombardi had to quickly take the reigns and learn the Wraiths kicking strategies, both on field goals and on punts.

Lombardi has been nothing of excellence for the Wraiths since his arrival, both on and off the field. He can frequently be seen in the locker helping rookies who just joined the team or conversing with the team veterans which include Lavelle, Bjornnson or Akselsen.

Whatever happens in this years playoffs between the Wraiths and the Liberty will no doubt be decided on the plays of one, Joseph Lombardi.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - SwagSloth - 12-02-2017

I’d like to give a special shout-out to Wraiths Tight End Joseph Askins, who has performed exceptionally this season. He came into the league with big shoes to fill. The Wraiths’ GOAT Tight End Ricky Maddox had just moved on to Defensive End, leaving a huge void at his old position. Joseph was still fresh, only joining the prospect class about a week before the Season 3 draft. But he stepped up in a big way. Joseph was immediately recognizable for his selflessness, opting for the role of Blocking Tight End… the only active one in the league that I am aware of. From the very start, he put his team first and they appreciated him for that. But Maddox still left a big void and Joseph was ready to step up. When he wasn’t blocking for his teammates, he was finding ways to create catches and pick up yards. Several times this season, the Wraiths used Askins to convert on third downs and he was always up for the challenge. Here’s to Joseph Askins for stepping up when the Wraiths needed him to and making us proud. The sky’s the limit for this young, promising player.

197 Words

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Daybe - 12-02-2017

The person I respect the most on the Colorado Yeti is PigSnout, or Boss Tweed. Tweed has been through so much with the team. He was there from the start, being the #99 pick in the S1 draft. Exceeding the expectations, he quickly made the most of his shared touches with Luke Tiernan and Kieran O'Connell. He stayed loyal even with not getting a starting opportunity. He was rewarded with being named the #1 running back for S2. He has taken off since then. PigSnout is a member of the Colorado Yeti management cabinet, a group of dedicated Yeti who help make management decisions. He has stuck with us through the rebuild we are undergoing, and he continues to have high morale, and stays active in the locker room. I have loads of respect for this man for the work he puts in for us. He's our star, and my favorite teammate.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - PigSnout - 12-03-2017

(12-02-2017, 10:17 PM)Daybe Wrote:The person I respect the most on the Colorado Yeti is PigSnout, or Boss Tweed. Tweed has been through so much with the team. He was there from the start, being the #99 pick in the S1 draft. Exceeding the expectations, he quickly made the most of his shared touches with Luke Tiernan and Kieran O'Connell. He stayed loyal even with not getting a starting opportunity. He was rewarded with being named the #1 running back for S2. He has taken off since then. PigSnout is a member of the Colorado Yeti management cabinet, a group of dedicated Yeti who help make management decisions. He has stuck with us through the rebuild we are undergoing, and he continues to have high morale, and stays active in the locker room. I have loads of respect for this man for the work he puts in for us. He's our star, and my favorite teammate.
:cheers:

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - run_CMC - 12-03-2017

Although a kicker, Dean Jackson has a brief, pre-professional history at other positions and greatly admires many of the league's non special teamers. That said, one player he particularly respects is none other then... The Outlaw Killer. That's right: Turk Turkleton, kicker for the Baltimore Hawks. Turkleton is a critical component to defeating the leagues reigning dynasty, the Arizona Outlaws. And even when the Hawks lose to the team from the west, Turkleton is dominant. When Baltimore lost to the Outlaws in week 12 of this year, Turkleton scored 7 of their 13 total points. You can look as far back as season 1. It's week 8, and the Hawks have tied it up in Arizona, 31 to 31. It's the fourth quarter and there is less than a minute less on the clock. And with 28 seconds left... Turkleton sinks a 55 yarder to clinch the game. Now, the birds don't always beat Arizona, but when they do, it's always cause of ole TT. Clutch players make big plays when it counts. Season 3, week 8: Turkleton kicks it in from 33 yards to win 13-10 in overtime. Turk Turkleton is a clutch player. That is the kind of man Dean Jackson aspires to be.

(206 words)

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - ralz9 - 12-03-2017

Boss Tweed has been a player that I’ve always looked up to. He’s not always the most vocal player in the Colorado Yeti locker room, but when he does chime in, it’s always to say something positive. Being a star player on a team that’s struggled to win games over the past two years, he’s been extremely patient and loyal to the franchise. When your best player has that kind of maturity, it brings stability to a club that could otherwise be likely to head off the rails. No matter what’s changing around the team in the front office or on the roster, Boss Tweed is always that unchanging independent variable that stays unaffected. Maybe he loves skiing, maybe he loves the Devil’s lettuce, maybe he just genuinely loves the Colorado Yeti—we may never know why Boss Tweed is the way that he is, but he’s the kind of guy you want to win an Ultimus Bowl ring for.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - PigSnout - 12-03-2017

(12-03-2017, 03:43 AM)ralz9 Wrote:Boss Tweed has been a player that I’ve always looked up to. He’s not always the most vocal player in the Colorado Yeti locker room, but when he does chime in, it’s always to say something positive. Being a star player on a team that’s struggled to win games over the past two years, he’s been extremely patient and loyal to the franchise. When your best player has that kind of maturity, it brings stability to a club that could otherwise be likely to head off the rails. No matter what’s changing around the team in the front office or on the roster, Boss Tweed is always that unchanging independent variable that stays unaffected. Maybe he loves skiing, maybe he loves the Devil’s lettuce, maybe he just genuinely loves the Colorado Yeti—we may never know why Boss Tweed is the way that he is, but he’s the kind of guy you want to win an Ultimus Bowl ring for.
:cheers:

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - timeconsumer - 12-03-2017

It is really tough for me to pick one favorite person. I have really encountered a lot of great people here during my time in the NSFL. Some people who really helped mentor me along in learning to navigate sim leagues and team leadership. Some people who really tried their best to make everything fun and enjoyable for others. And some people who did their best to compete as hard as they could to make the game challenging. I can't pick just one favorite, there are several tied for that, but I can pick one to talk about for this topic. I'm going to talk about @Bwestfield .

Westfield is a quieter guy who doesn't talk a whole lot in discord or the LR. But he is one of the most selfless and appreciative people you will find in the league. Westfield doesn't care about being the #1 receiver in the league, or even on the team. He just wants to play games, have fun, and win. He will gladly listen and take advice when it comes to how we want him to grow his player in order to help the team the most. He has brought some really great friends into the league like Marc Spector and Erlich Burnsman who are also some of my other favorite people. Hats off to you Westfield for being such an awesome guy.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Bwestfield - 12-03-2017

(12-03-2017, 11:10 AM)timeconsumer Wrote:It is really tough for me to pick one favorite person. I have really encountered a lot of great people here during my time in the NSFL. Some people who really helped mentor me along in learning to navigate sim leagues and team leadership. Some people who really tried their best to make everything fun and enjoyable for others. And some people who did their best to compete as hard as they could to make the game challenging. I can't pick just one favorite, there are several tied for that, but I can pick one to talk about for this topic. I'm going to talk about @Bwestfield .

Westfield is a quieter guy who doesn't talk a whole lot in discord or the LR. But he is one of the most selfless and appreciative people you will find in the league. Westfield doesn't care about being the #1 receiver in the league, or even on the team. He just wants to play games, have fun, and win. He will gladly listen and take advice when it comes to how we want him to grow his player in order to help the team the most. He has brought some really great friends into the league like Marc Spector and Erlich Burnsman who are also some of my other favorite people. Hats off to you Westfield for being such an awesome guy.

:cigar: :cheers:

My man!