International Simulation Football League
(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else (/showthread.php?tid=6246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - manicmav36 - 12-03-2017

I’ve met a lot of good people since I joined back in July, but one really stands out to me, Kurt @HENDRIX, GM of the Baltimore Hawks. After I created my player, he was the first GM to contact me and despite me being an unknown commodity, he took a chance on me in the third round of the S2 draft, which many consider to be the best draft following the initial draft, of course. From the minute I was selected, I knew that Baltimore was the right fit for me. Hendrix made sure that I felt welcome and did all he could to help show me the ropes and build Owen Taylor into standout player. The most impressive thing Hendrix has done is taking a 4-10 team, one that many considered being one of the worst in the league, and taking them to back to back Ultimus games. How this man never received GM of the year still baffles me. It’s tough to say if I would’ve stuck around if not for Hendrix but, luckily, I’ll never know.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - iamslm22 - 12-03-2017

(12-03-2017, 01:13 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:I’ve met a lot of good people since I joined back in July, but one really stands out to me, Kurt @HENDRIX, GM of the Baltimore Hawks. After I created my player, he was the first GM to contact me and despite me being an unknown commodity, he took a chance on me in the third round of the S2 draft, which many consider to be the best draft following the initial draft, of course. From the minute I was selected, I knew that Baltimore was the right fit for me. Hendrix made sure that I felt welcome and did all he could to help show me the ropes and build Owen Taylor into standout player. The most impressive thing Hendrix has done is taking a 4-10 team, one that many considered being one of the worst in the league, and taking them to back to back Ultimus games. How this man never received GM of the year still baffles me. It’s tough to say if I would’ve stuck around if not for Hendrix but, luckily, I’ll never know.

I imagine this PT will all be about the same person from Baltimore folks. Feel the same way you do

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - manicmav36 - 12-03-2017

(12-03-2017, 01:16 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:I imagine this PT will all be about the same person from Baltimore folks. Feel the same way you do

He's massively underappreciated outside of our locker room.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Apache_Chief - 12-03-2017

[Image: 4JjwqMq.jpg]
Cornerback, Franklin Harris Jr., skydiving with his Quarterback, King Bronko.
@ADwyer87

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - CDub2 - 12-03-2017

After the successful season Portland had, there is plenty of people to thank. My teammates have been huge this season and the locker room was great. But even they would admit that our GMs PDXBaller and cosbornballboy made us the great players that we are today. In my case, PDX was the one who encouraged my to write articles and he also gave me some great build advice whenever I asked. In the DSFL, where having active members is so important, our GMs made us players want to be engaged in the league and in the locker room. They both also have their NSFL players to look after but I feel like they made the DSFL a priority and it paid off for us players. Whether it's running hundreds of sims, constantly posting TPE tasks, or just staying positive when things don't go our way, the Portland GMs were awesome to play for.

154 Words

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - kckolbe - 12-03-2017

My favorite player has to be Boss Tweed. There’s a guy who had one season of being on a really good team before everything started going to shit until he was the only good thing remaining on the offense. A lesser player might have asked for a trade or even just left in free agency, but Tweed not only stuck it out, he even stepped up as a locker room leader and helped bring in new managers in hopes that it would bring them out of the funk. Unfortunately, those managers were somehow worse than the previous crew, and for the last two seasons, Tweed has been the only reason to watch the Yeti offense. He has completely carried them, and even though every defense knows what to expect, Tweed still carves them up and moves the ball when no one else can, doing it about as well as anyone in the league.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Raven - 12-03-2017

Quote:Written: Must Include 150 Words. It's not all about yourself, write about the player/gm besides yourself that you have the most respect for or is your favorite player.

As a kicker I have always had a fancy for other kickers. One of these kickers lads is the kicker for the Orange County Otters who had a massive season this year.

Bradley T. Madlad had a mental season with the Otters and went 50/51 on extra points this season. Ending with a 98% XP rate. I`m always a fan of a good kicker and Madlad just had a crazt season with the extra points. Let's ignoring his field goal % of this year and only focus on extra points yeah. The lad is new to kicker and has been firing it up on extra points. However he`ll have to work on his field goals to become a good kicker. However I ya gotta love a fellow kicker.

Also his name is just amazing. I have a soft spot for a name that has that kind of banter in it.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Roly - 12-03-2017

As a new player I’m going to follow the lead of a couple other guys here and write about my two GMs in San Antonio I had when I started: @kckolbe and @iamslm22. Both these guys were active from the start, eager to share information and get us new guys involved. It sucked having to lose slm as a GM even though he got that HO gig and has been killing it there, but the testament to these guys shows as I was given the opportunity to replace slm as kckolbe’s co-GM. He’s been a great mentor on the site and is the most knowledgeable guy about the leagues that I know. Although its been a rough season going up and down with some unfortunate losses, its been awesome getting to chat to these guys and work with them. The DSFL is extremely lucky to have both kckolbe and iamslm dedicated to its success, and I have tremendous respect for both.

Code:
161 words

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - iamslm22 - 12-03-2017

(12-03-2017, 05:34 PM)Roly Wrote:As a new player I’m going to follow the lead of a couple other guys here and write about my two GMs in San Antonio I had when I started: @kckolbe and @iamslm22. Both these guys were active from the start, eager to share information and get us new guys involved. It sucked having to lose slm as a GM even though he got that HO gig and has been killing it there, but the testament to these guys shows as I was given the opportunity to replace slm as kckolbe’s co-GM. He’s been a great mentor on the site and is the most knowledgeable guy about the leagues that I know. Although its been a rough season going up and down with some unfortunate losses, its been awesome getting to chat to these guys and work with them. The DSFL is extremely lucky to have both kckolbe and iamslm dedicated to its success, and I have tremendous respect for both.

Code:
161 words

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Bayley - 12-03-2017

I don't think this will be a surprise to absolutely anyone, but Benson Bayley's favorite player is none other than Julian O'Sullivan or @JuOSu. I do not think this comes to a surprise to anyone as these two definitely were two of the closer draftees in the Season 3 Draft. Only having played together with the Outer Banks Aviators, these two have gotten along almost instantly. I think her play as shown as one of the top line backers in the league and Benson Bayley will wish nothing but the best of success in the league. She is a fantastic player and definitely deserves to be where she is. I cannot wait to see the amount of money she will gather in the offseason. She is truly dedicated to the league and her performance is important to her. She is my most respected in the league without a doubt, by far.
Quote:Words: 151