International Simulation Football League
(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else (/showthread.php?tid=6246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - PigSnout - 12-03-2017

(12-03-2017, 05:46 PM)kckolbe Wrote:My favorite player has to be Boss Tweed.  There’s a guy who had one season of being on a really good team before everything started going to shit until he was the only good thing remaining on the offense.  A lesser player might have asked for a trade or even just left in free agency, but Tweed not only stuck it out, he even stepped up as a locker room leader and helped bring in new managers in hopes that it would bring them out of the funk.  Unfortunately, those managers were somehow worse than the previous crew, and for the last two seasons, Tweed has been the only reason to watch the Yeti offense.  He has completely carried them, and even though every defense knows what to expect, Tweed still carves them up and moves the ball when no one else can, doing it about as well as anyone in the league.
:cheers:

I have a lot of respect for @TheMemeMaestro, GM of the Yeti. The Yeti were in a really rough place after Season 2 with the combination of missing the playoffs really on a controversial tiebreaker after losing a home game against the Legion that we had a 92% chance of winning, the activity lull from the long off season that resulted from not playing in the playoffs, and having deadendpath, our head GM and locker room leader go inactive. Many of our players saw a significant drop off in activity during that offseason, requested trades, or said that they would be leaving during free agency. I had been handling GM duties after deadendpath went inactive but with school starting around that same time I wasn't really able to give the GM duties the time they needed and I wasn't able to do much to help the situation. When I stepped down, TheMemeMaestro willingly volunteered to take over despite the rough situation and the fact that he had only been drafted a few days earlier. I had hoped that getting new management would help get things back on track, but instead he was bombarded by trade requests as soon as he started and had to make moves quickly. He was able to still get us value for the players that have helped us get some of the big pieces of our new foundation. He's gotten a lot of flak for the moves and has been accused of running the team into the ground even though he was forced into that situation by factors beyond his control, but he's always rolled with the punches and has never had a negative attitude or blamed anybody else for the situtation. He's just put his head down and focused on building us back into contenders and trusted his plan even as others have been critical. Even though we haven't made much improvement on the field, we've been making some big strides from a locker room perspective. We have a much stronger team culture now as we have a group of people who are committed to the team despite the rebuild and are very active and positive despite playing on a team that just went 1-13, I can't wait to see how great this group is going to be once we become a winning team again. TheMemeMaestro came into the toughest situation any starting GM has been faced with but he's stayed positive throughout the situation and has already restored a winning culture within the locker room, which will go a long way towards bringing us back to a winning team on the field as our players continue to mature and we build up even more with future draft picks and free agents.

Quote:457 Words

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - daBenchwarmer - 12-03-2017

I'm gonna give a huge shout out to Mat Akselsen (@Bzerkap), through one full season with the Wraiths I've developed a tremendous amount of respect for him. Not only has the guy been a gem and a friendly face in the locker room, but he's given me one of the best welcomes to the team, ever. As well, he was willing to change his positions after the departure of Chris Orosz to help push the Wraiths into the playoffs and Ultimus Trophy contention. Not to mention the guy himself is a class act and has been both keeping everything civil and laid back in the locker room, and isn't afraid to crack jokes with the rest of the guys.

Ultimately, I'm glad to have him as my quarterback and as one of the core leaders of the Wraiths, and would happily switch positions again to help him achieve his goals. Also quick shout out to Bork Bjornsson for being a great guy as well, and the rest of the team for taking me in.

Quote:174 words

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - toivo - 12-03-2017

As a linebacker, I look up to other ones. Arizona's Harrif Ernston has been in the league since S1 and is heck of a linebacker. During my time in Arizona, Outlaw Harrif Ernston has taught me a lot about the league and the game. I've seen my play elevated since I've started training and learning with him. Thankful to share a locker room with one of the great linebackers, it really helps you as a rookie. Must have been tough for some of these guys like him that didn't have too many vets around when the league was founded. It's a lot easier nowadays after guys like Harrif Ernston have paved the way. We'll see if I can live up to the expectations set by greats like Ernston. Everytime Ernston is on the field, we know that the opponent's offense is going to have a hard time getting down the field, making plays.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - TheMemeMaestro - 12-03-2017

(12-03-2017, 03:22 PM)PigSnout Wrote:I have a lot of respect for @TheMemeMaestro, GM of the Yeti. The Yeti were in a really rough place after Season 2 with the combination of missing the playoffs really on a controversial tiebreaker after losing a home game against the Legion that we had a 92% chance of winning, the activity lull from the long off season that resulted from not playing in the playoffs, and having deadendpath, our head GM and locker room leader go inactive. Many of our players saw a significant drop off in activity during that offseason, requested trades, or said that they would be leaving during free agency. I had been handling GM duties after deadendpath went inactive but with school starting around that same time I wasn't really able to give the GM duties the time they needed and I wasn't able to do much to help the situation. When I stepped down, TheMemeMaestro willingly volunteered to take over despite the rough situation and the fact that he had only been drafted a few days earlier. I had hoped that getting new management would help get things back on track, but instead he was bombarded by trade requests as soon as he started and had to make moves quickly. He was able to still get us value for the players that have helped us get some of the big pieces of our new foundation. He's gotten a lot of flak for the moves and has been accused of running the team into the ground even though he was forced into that situation by factors beyond his control, but he's always rolled with the punches and has never had a negative attitude or blamed anybody else for the situtation. He's just put his head down and focused on building us back into contenders and trusted his plan even as others have been critical. Even though we haven't made much improvement on the field, we've been making some big strides from a locker room perspective. We have a much stronger team culture now as we have a group of people who are committed to the team despite the rebuild and are very active and positive despite playing on a team that just went 1-13, I can't wait to see how great this group is going to be once we become a winning team again. TheMemeMaestro came into the toughest situation any starting GM has been faced with but he's stayed positive throughout the situation and has already restored a winning culture within the locker room, which will go a long way towards bringing us back to a winning team on the field as our players continue to mature and we build up even more with future draft picks and free agents.

COL COL COL u know I'm about to return the favor. Basically, I'm expecting most to all of our team to put you, and we even saw an outsider put you. You the man!

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - TheMemeMaestro - 12-03-2017

I will write this PT about both the player and the person, Boss Tweed and @PigSnout. Not only is Boss Tweed one of, and in my opinion, THE top Running Back in the league, but he is also the face of the Colorado Yeti, my franchise. No offense to anyone else on the team, I love you guys, but he has been here since Day 1, and is a glimmer of light on our team. But also, the dude behind the player @PigSnout. He puts in the work, he helped us run our sims before we had sapp, and he is a Locker Room leader. I can not thank him enough for everything he has done. He is behind our vision 100%, even though it is a hard vision to get behind. He has the patience, and I hope that he will stay a member of the Yeti family forever. #Yeti4Lyfe.

Edit: You know what, I just needed to add some more.

(cont.) He was also the Co-GM for a bit, and even the Interim when deadendpath went inactive. This isn't shown, but he is partially responsible for bringing me here. He was the one who made the trade that gave the Yeti the first pick in the Season 3 draft, selecting me. And you can make the argument that I would have fallen to 4th anyway, but the Outlaws had considered selecting me. I am so grateful for everything he has done for this team, on and off the field.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Bzerkap - 12-03-2017

There are a ton of people I respect across this site, but I can only pick one so I guess I will. My pick is Eric Kennedy (@SwagSloth). He's been great ever since we drafted him in the second season of the NSFL, he's been nothing short of a diamond in the rough. He has earned boat loads of TPE and played the unheralded position of fullback for several seasons without a single complaint. His first thought is always how he can help the team, and as such he has been increasing his blocking skills, hands, strength, and agility to act as the security blanket and lead blocker on several plays. He always engages our newest members and does a lot of the undesirable jobs on the site simply because he likes the NSFL and wants to see it succeed.

The SaberCats know him as their updater, and he took the job to keep the site going. You may have noticed the improved Rookie Guide, it was all him. He keeps us on task with TPE opportunities in our LR. Basically, he's about a 1000% improvement over any expectations you could have for a 12th round draftee.

(12-03-2017, 07:45 PM)TheMemeMaestro Wrote:I will write this PT about both the player and the person, Boss Tweed and @PigSnout. Not only is Boss Tweed one of, and in my opinion, THE top Running Back in the league, but he is also the face of the Colorado Yeti, my franchise. No offense to anyone else on the team, I love you guys, but he has been here since Day 1, and is a glimmer of light on our team. But also, the dude behind the player @PigSnout. He puts in the work, he helped us run our sims before we had sapp, and he is a Locker Room leader. I can not thank him enough for everything he has done. He is behind our vision 100%, even though it is a hard vision to get behind. He has the patience, and I hope that he will stay a member of the Yeti family forever. #Yeti4Lyfe.

Edit: You know what, I just needed to add some more.

(cont.) He was also the Co-GM for a bit, and even the Interim when deadendpath went inactive. This isn't shown, but he is partially responsible for bringing me here. He was the one who made the trade that gave the Yeti the first pick in the Season 3 draft, selecting me. And you can make the argument that I would have fallen to 4th anyway, but the Outlaws had considered selecting me. I am so grateful for everything he has done for this team, on and off the field.
:cheers:

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - JohnWachter - 12-03-2017

Before I write this out, I'll just say Tre Willie is my favorite player in the league. He plays my position on my favorite team, and he's an absolute baller.

That said, the person in the league I respect the most is my GM, PDXBaller. This man is GM'ing for the first time and took over the worst team in the league from a season ago. He took the league worst record and changed it to the best within one season. The amount of work he puts in for test sims to make sure we're successful is insane, and you can see without a doubt that he cares about all of his players. This is my first sim league and thus my first locker room as well, but I can't imagine it being better than this. Baller was the guy to greet me when I joined the league, he answered all my questions and made sure I understood everything long before he was my GM or even part of the rookie help team. He's a truly great dude who cares about winning games and the long term success of his players. No offense to anyone else here, but there's no way he's not one of the hardest working members here, and it really pays off. I'll soon be leaving the Pythons, but the team and culture will forever be a part of me due to his contributions. He also inspired me to one day be a GM, so remember that when I'm doing the same thing with a team of my own.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - jparks98 - 12-03-2017

Due to the submission being so late, you would think that I'm just rushing this out but that's not the case. Since the topic was posted I've been genuinely trying to think who I want to write. I mean you have @TheMemeMaestro and @Daybe who pretty much saved the Yeti from becoming a graveyard. It was stated before but after season 2 was a wierd period for the Yeti. Our co-gm went inactive, and everyone was becoming less active. MemeMaestro and Daybe changed that. They were like a shot of heroin to the the Yeti franchise. As soon they came in, they turned just a group of guys into a family. Then you have @TheWoZy and @PigSnout who have been here since the beginning with me. They are the pillars of the Colorado Yeti. I don't know how else to describe it but without those 2, there is no Yeti. There's also the unsung heroes of @ExemplaryChad and @ralz9. They make the locker room fun and exciting.they usually the ones to start the conversation and just just great guys in general. Everyone in our locker room is awesome and I couldn't ask for a better group. #yeti4lyfe