International Simulation Football League
(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else (/showthread.php?tid=6246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - PigSnout - 12-03-2017

(12-03-2017, 10:47 PM)jparks98 Wrote:Due to the submission being so late, you would think that I'm just rushing this out but that's not the case. Since the topic was posted I've been genuinely trying to think who I want to write. I mean you have @TheMemeMaestro and @Daybe who pretty much saved the Yeti from becoming a graveyard. It was stated before but after season 2 was a wierd period for the Yeti. Our co-gm went inactive, and everyone was becoming less active. MemeMaestro and Daybe changed that. They were like a shot of heroin to the the Yeti franchise. As soon they came in, they turned just a group of guys into a family. Then you have @TheWoZy and @PigSnout who have been here since the beginning with me. They are the pillars of the Colorado Yeti. I don't know how else to describe it but without those 2, there is no Yeti. There's also the unsung heroes of @ExemplaryChad and @ralz9. They make the locker room fun and exciting.they usually the ones to start the conversation and just just great guys in general. Everyone in our locker room is awesome and I couldn't ask for a better group. #yeti4lyfe
:cheers:

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - ItsJustBarry - 12-03-2017

While there are many great players and personalities throughout the NSFL, the player slash GM that I have the most respect for is Baltimore’s own Kurt Hendrix. HENDRIX has gone out of his way to put his team first in everything that he does. The amount of time invested week after week testing strategies, game plans, and player builds for every player is beyond impressive. He is always going above and beyond for his team and you can see it both on the field and hear it echoing though the locker room and forum. While being a tested and proven leader, he still has time and composure to remain friendly and engaging to everyone he interacts with. His passion for his team is immeasurable and is contagious to anyone who dons the black and gold. I appreciate what he has accomplished so far and I am excited to see what magic he can bring Baltimore in the future.

159 words

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Kendrick - 12-03-2017

My favourite player is an easy choice. It is a man who is a champion on the field (just barely) and equally as useless off of it. It's non other than Stormblessed himself. Why Stormblessed? Because his attitude off the field is what makes everyone else look so damn good off of it as well. Not only that, his really lazy play and ability to not show up to practice makes all other pass catchers look that much better. I commend Stormblessed because without him we wouldn't know where the bar is; the bottom bar that is. When comparing receivers around the league I have never seen someone like Stormblessed catch so many balls on the field and just as much off the field. I think everyone should put their hands together for the bottom of the barrel types like Stormblessed. If only he knew that there are so many people not cheering him on. His fans don't even like him, but I praise him for showing me what not to do in my career.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Evok - 12-03-2017

If there is one player that Wallace Stone respect the most, it’s Ardie Savea. Savea is basically the reason Stone decided to join the NSFL. At some point during the second season of the NSFL, Savea reached Wallace Stone, he explained him what it would be to join this league and how he could actually help the Legion reach greatness. At the time, the team needed an offensive lineman. Wallace then declared for the league and spent his first season with the hawks, not doing a lot. This tanked his draft stock and allowed the Legion to scoop him easily in the third round. After that, Savea made sure to explain all the basic of the league to Stone and to guide him through all the paperwork of the league. Savea recently helped Stone to make the change to Quarterback, which will help even more their team to achieve something bigger.

151 words

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - iamslm22 - 12-03-2017

I'm going to be a complete echo chamber (manic and Barry already spoke about him) but @HENDRIX is the best person in the NSFL and definitely the person I admire the most. Avon came into the NSFL a little bit before the draft and did not earn any TPE for that time. Regardless of that, Hendrix did Avon a solid and took him in the fourth round of the season 2 NSFL draft. It wasn't just that though, Kurt Hendrix took Avon under his wing right away. Kurt taught Avon how to update, how to best build his player and eventually helped him become what he is the league.

There is a lot of reasons that each of the Hawks who have written this point task chose to write about @HENDRIX. He turned a garbage team who was in last place into a team who is the perennial favorite in NSFC. He is a mentor to every new player who comes into the Hawks locker room. Love the guy, and I want to echo manics sentiments, the fact that he hasn't won a GM of the year award is a fucking sham.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - JKortesi81 - 12-03-2017

Oh goodness, a task like this is simple for me. Ever since I came onto the NSFL scene, @PDXBaller has been there every step of the way for me. He was one of the first people to welcome me to the league, and he was awesome in helping me set up my player at times. That was before he even drafted me! Then, after I became a Python, he spoke with me about what attributes to focus on for Carlito Crush. He helped me understand the sim a bit (if you can even understand it that is) and all of his hard work with prepping for the games resulted in Crush having a pretty great season. Not to mention he was keeping the locker room chatter going and making sure all of the Pythons knew when predictions were up, or we could do another training, or if another point task was available. I’m having a lot of fun in this league so far, and a large reason why is because of my GM. (173)

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - jaskins811 - 12-03-2017

The person on my team I have the most respect for is Ricky Maddox, the former GOAT Tight End. Without him on the team with me, I do not think I would be the player I am today. He helped me blossom into the great tight end I am in the league today. From the very moment I came onto the team, Maddox took me under his wing and helped turn me into the great tight end I am today. Since the day I have been drafted, the Yellowknife Wraiths organization has helped me become a better and better player, and this would not have happened without the help of Ricky Maddox.

Now I have tried developing into the GOAT Ricky once was for this position in the NSFL. EVery day I hope can be one as known of the greats and help lift my team to victory. Thanks again Ricky!

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Aenir - 12-04-2017

I have a lot of Respect for @Bzerkap GM Spike Crown and QB Mat Akselson. It takes a lot of guts to trade away fan favorites, much less the starting QB, and publicly declare that the team is rebuilding. Its a rough thing to do (believe me, as a Bears fan, I know!) He had to face down the media which is going to be RABID with questions why and how and etc. Which leads me to the second part. QB Mat Akselson, This man who protected my blindside for 3 seasons (Minus 2 games... :blink: ) is the man who in my opinion kept GM Crown in a job, he went out there, changed positions, dropped the weight, learned the playbooks, and went to bring Yellowknife to their first home postseason game. I have all sorts of respect for him and his work ethic, the entire team is very talented of course, but it all starts with the QB and he showed why he deserves to be considered one of the top quarterbacks in the NSFL today! (178)

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - TheWoZy - 12-04-2017

There are some players that should be respected in Colorado. First, I think both Jonathan Saint and Boss Tweed are the best player in the league and they could both leave the team for a championship team but they didn't choose to do it and re-signed a long term contract. The Yeti are in a pretty bad shape. They finished the season with probably the worst record ever in this league but Saint and Tweed keeps playing their best and give their 100% every night. Another player that should be respected is Nicholas Pierno. We all know he has the worst QB stat but he has been improving a lot. In fact, he had a way better season in the second and had less turnover than Rove who's now in the playoffs. As for the touchdown, the GM will helps him find a great wide receiver. Honestly, give him some good catcher and he could compete against anyone.

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Battleborn - 12-04-2017

Ryan Sierra – OL – Tijuana Luchadores

Someone Else

When asking Ryan Sierra about who his favorite player or GM was, he didn’t have to think for very long. The most influential and impactful member of the NSFL community has undoubtedly been PDXBaller, current Portland Pythons GM. He got to know him as a rookie mentor, during the player build and was tremendous in guiding Ryan with a positive outlook and lead with enthusiasm that was unmatched by any other member of the league. At the time of our introduction, he was not yet the GM at Portland, but when the announcement came out through the wire, Sierra was thrilled to see someone with so much heart and dedication be rewarded for all their hard work. Without having crossed paths with PDXBaller, Ryan Sierra would have been a lost soul in the purgatory of inactives who call themselves the DSFL. Instead Sierra remembers the positive influence and encouragement and strives to become an impact player in the NSFL.

Code:
Word count:166