International Simulation Football League
(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else (/showthread.php?tid=6246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - HENDRIX - 12-04-2017

My favorite GM was former Baltimore GM .Broken, he drafted me onto a team and appointed me co GM at the end of the NSFL's inaugural season. I was able to be part of a good base of members to form a solid foundation for the team and stability for future teammates. Since then, the team has been fortunate enough to add a lot of players that are committed, want to help build the team, and want to have fun in the league. I feel very fortunate to share a locker room and the field with the players of @Raven , @evryday , @37thchamber , @Darnellthebeast , @manicmav36 , @iamslm22 , @cosbornballboy , @ItsJustBarry , @Unicorn , @Sleepy , and several others. It sucked collapsing out of a playoff berth, but with these guys I'm confident it will be a blip on the radar. After reflecting on all of this, I will be pouring one out for my former GM .Broken tonight. (162)

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - cosbornballboy - 12-04-2017

The GM I have the single most amount of respect for in the NSFL is @TheMemeMaestro because he seems to try his best. I've seen him pouring over DCs late into the nights and trying to work out with sapp how to address each game. He really works his ass off, and because his team isn't great, he gets a bunch of shit for it, and I don't think that's fair. He inherited a team that was on the cusp of a huge scandal, players wanting to leave, and in a league where one team rules all and you just have to wait for the fall of the empire. So all in all, as much shit as we all know I'm going to continue to give him, I respect what he's doing. As much as I respect @HENDRIX , I know every Baltimore player is gonna write about him so I'll go away from that

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - ADwyer87 - 12-04-2017

I have a lot of respect for @TheMemeMaestro. People have given him a lot of shit for what he's done with Colorado, but I really like what he has done.

First of all, TMM inherited an awful situation in Colorado. Tons of GM turnover had happened, and he inherited a team where lots of the players wanted out. As a rookie GM, this is not something easy to deal with.

Second of all, his "bad trades" were so greatly exaggerated. The Pierno trade was great. Boggs for Fulton was solid considering Fulton wanted out and all picks in the trade were worthless. The Longshaw trade wasn't great but trading 2 disgruntled actives for a top tier OL and a bunch of picks doesnt look bad now. And the Arizona trade that was "so terribly lopsided" turned into a very solid trade. Carter and Bot were both out of Arizona by S4, meanwhile the 3 pieces for Colorado were all either traded for better value or kept like Erikson. not bad at all. I salute you.

Third of all, the NSFL community did him no favors, blasting everything he did even when he did things that werent that bad. It takes a lot to persevere through that bullshit

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - YoloSwag420 - 12-04-2017

[Image: 15qwzcy.png]

me n my boi @youngcricket doing a potato race

(S4) - Weekend PT #6 - Someone Else - RedCydranth - 12-04-2017

There's a lot of people who Marc has great respect for. One player is Leroy Jenkins. Running Back for the Orange County Otters. Although he retired, he was a great mentor to everyone on his team. He took Erlich Burnsman under his wing last season and watched him soar like a majestinc Bald Eagle. His work ethic is undeniable. He's a solid leader in the locker room, from giving pep talks in the workouts before every game, to the speeches given after a hard fought game. He's always the first to come and console a player on the sidelines after a bad play and the first to congratulate them. There are many people who might consider Leroy as the Otters biggest fan, which makes his journey playing for the team like living a dream. Who doesn't admire a man who is doing the thing he loves very day of his life? It is a sad thing that he is retiring, however. If the Otters do not win a ring this season, he might go down as the best running back the NSFL has ever had who will never get a ring. And that is a crying shame, because he deserves one.

(201 Words)