International Simulation Football League
Teams for Player Re-Creation - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Teams for Player Re-Creation (/showthread.php?tid=6277)

Pages: 1 2

Teams for Player Re-Creation - manicmav36 - 12-05-2017

Bear with me on this one for a second.

I love the Baltimore Hawks. I love our GM, I love my team mates, I love our 8-bit logo. There is nowhere else I would rather play, and therein lies the problem. I'm sure that many players feel the same way I do, and some would do whatever it takes, including holding out, to be drafted by that team when they retire and create a new player. This, as you can imagine, would be terrible for the league.
What if we impose a rule that states a player is not allowed to be drafted by a team he/she spent the majority of their career with. If they would like to sign with that team after their rookie contract (say, 2 year minimum?) is complete, go ahead. Thoughts?

Teams for Player Re-Creation - bovovovo - 12-05-2017

I dunno....It's a player run league. If someone feels strongly enough that if they think if they're on any other team other than (for example) the Hawks then their entire experience would be worse, then I think they should be able to do whatever they want.

I mean sure my personal opinion of them may down because it's unfair/sad/weak or whatever, but I don't think there should be any explicit rule against it.

(12-05-2017, 04:03 PM)bovovovo Wrote:I dunno....It's a player run league. If someone feels strongly enough that if they think if they're on any other team other than (for example) the Hawks then their entire experience would be worse, then I think they should be able to do whatever they want.

I mean sure my personal opinion of them may down because it's unfair/sad/weak or whatever, but I don't think there should be any explicit rule against it.

I get what you're saying, and I kind of agree. I just imagine a season 11 draft (or whatever season it would be) where you have Tuck, Winchester, Boss, Bronko, Tweed, etc. all holding out for their original team. Where's the fun in that?

Teams for Player Re-Creation - DeathOnReddit - 12-05-2017

ill be honest. when i recreate, the only people im playing for are Adwyer, bzerkap, iamslm and chess. (theyre gms, former gms, and future gms) anyone else, bar a few outlaws and 1 or 2 players from other teams, i just wont play forl.

Teams for Player Re-Creation - PDXBaller - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 01:12 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:I get what you're saying, and I kind of agree. I just imagine a season 11 draft (or whatever season it would be) where you have Tuck, Winchester, Boss, Bronko, Tweed, etc. all holding out for their original team. Where's the fun in that?

I think you'll always run into that risk where people want to play with their friends, but I don't like the idea of limiting where a person can play...now imagine all of those players on a single team?!? That would be crazy!

(12-05-2017, 04:27 PM)PDXBaller Wrote:I think you'll always run into that risk where people want to play with their friends, but I don't like the idea of limiting where a person can play...now imagine all of those players on a single team?!? That would be crazy!

I agree, I'm not crazy about limiting where someone plays, espsecially in a league like this, which I why I suggested they're free to go where ever they want once their rookie contract is up.

You only have to look at statements like the one above to see what I'm talking about. They could very well find someone they like better on a different team, but they're against trying. If they absolutely hated it, he could get out in a couple seasons.

Teams for Player Re-Creation - Bzerkap - 12-05-2017

I don't think this will be an issue. Many players have gone elsewhere in FA or through trades and enjoyed the LRs. It may happen but will be very rare

Teams for Player Re-Creation - 7hawk77 - 12-05-2017

I don't think this is going to be a problem.

Yeah I really like my locker room in San Jose.

However, I feel like if I make another player, I'll be open to playing with other players that I haven't spent time with. If I don't like them as much, maybe I hit up F.A. Not really a big deal.

Teams for Player Re-Creation - ItsJustBarry - 12-05-2017

I don't think restricting a player's prior team from drafting their recreated player is the solution. If a player liked their first team, they shouldn't be blocked from being drafted by them again. Also, what is stopping a player from signing a 1-year rookie deal and moving on from there to their prior team?

Teams for Player Re-Creation - TheMemeMaestro - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 01:26 PM)DeathOnReddit Wrote:ill be honest. when i recreate, the only people im playing for are Adwyer, bzerkap, iamslm and chess. (theyre gms, former gms, and future gms) anyone else, bar a few outlaws and 1 or 2 players from other teams, i just wont play forl.

No love for your Vandals buddy and current GM of a team?