International Simulation Football League
*The Carlito Crush Diaries - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Carlito Crush Diaries (/showthread.php?tid=6293)

*The Carlito Crush Diaries - JKortesi81 - 12-07-2017

Dear Diary,

After some careful consideration, and talking to my parents, I’ve realized that I love the game of football. Last time we spoke, I was considering moving on after the “Replay The Game” fiasco the week before. But, my teammates need me, and I can’t just leave them hanging. The entire Portland franchise has been so good to me since my arrival, they don’t deserve me just bailing on them. So I prepared extra hard with something to prove for our Week 4 matchup with Norfolk. They were still smarting from the 1 point loss we gave them in Portland, and traveling on the road won’t be a picnic. But I had something to prove.

I went out and had a hell of a game, that’s what I did. It wasn’t quite the 12 catch game for 120 yards that “doesn’t exist”, but it was still pretty good. In the first quarter, we took a 7-0 lead on a TD by Rakim Uchiha. Not bad. Our defense got us the ball back, and we rolled down the field into the red zone. And then it happened. Norfolk put a linebacker on me that isn’t even close to my athletic peer. I pulled a double move on him and got open. Christ hits me with a perfect ball, and I waltz into the end zone for my first official career touchdown. We were up 14-0 here. There was no magic Norfolk comeback though. Johnny Goose scored on the next drive to put us up 21-0. We traded field goals to be up 24-3 at halftime. The defense was in cruise control in the second half, and while they allowed 10 points we took home a 24-13 win against a good Seawolves team. I ended up finishing with 9 catches for 115 yards and the TD. Words couldn’t describe my happiness that this game counted, and we were 3-1 with the Blues coming to our house next week.

But, about that. I don’t know what it is about Chicago, but they have our number. We gameplanned hard for them, and still came up short. Very, very short. Even though Andreas Waiters had a four sack game, Chicago still threw up 31 points on us. To make matters worse, we couldn’t do anything against them offensively. The Blues beat us up and won the game 31-9. Despite my performance against Norfolk, Chicago bottled me up really nicely. I couldn’t do anything! I finished with a shitty 4 catch, 28 yard day. I still don’t understand why they have our number like that. Instead of being 5-0 or 4-1 now, we’re only 3-2, tied with Chicago who has tiebreakers galore over us. It really seems like it’s going to be a fight to the finish here.

I’ve been going harder than ever in practice. I’ve been working really hard on my hands during practice, and I’ve been staying late on my own to practice speed and agility drills. I know that we can’t win the championship if we have performances like these. Recently, a representative from Under Armour came to the practice fields to show us the newest technologies that they’re working on. Considering I’d been having a few issues with dropped passes, the speech he gave on the Gloves really interested me. They really seemed to have some well developed equipment there, and I was interested to buy a pair. As he was measuring my hands and taking some notes to “properly fit the gloves to my hand”, I asked him how much they were. I figured they’d be pricey, like 100 dollars maybe. I was floored when he said they were $3 million dollars. That’s a LOT of money for a pair of gloves. But they’re 1000% guaranteed to help my hands, so I just said “screw it” and made the purchase. They’re comfy, that’s for sure.

Ready for Grading - 646 words

GRADED