International Simulation Football League
*The Pursuit of Invincibility - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Pursuit of Invincibility (/showthread.php?tid=6295)

*The Pursuit of Invincibility - ItsJustBarry - 12-07-2017

Here we go with part 6 of this 300 part series, Scrooge McDuckin’. Last episode I took a look at the spending habits of our various teams. This time around, let’s take a closer look at Baltimore’s earning power. Thanks to @manicmav36 for the inspiration to write this. Last night I noticed that the media section has been taken over by the Hawks and I suppose @JKortesi81 deserves some credit too. Anyways, I decided to take a look at just how much media Baltimore is producing. The date range I am looking at is November 22 – December 6 so approximately 2 weeks. In this time span, we have had 36 new media posts created. Of those posts, 50% percent have been penned by a member of the Baltimore Hawks. We’ve also managed to generate 1 statistical analysis article during this time as well.

Does any of this really mean anything? Absolutely. Of those 37 total pieces, we have had 7 different authors. If you had a chance to check out Manic’s article where he tracks active users per team, you will recall that Baltimore only has ~9 actives total. Instead of sulking over the missed playoffs like I assume a lot of teams are doing, we are putting in work and reloading for next season. It may always be sunny in Philly, but when you need activity, you may want to look to Baltimore.

Now this sounds nice and all but put it into words I can understand. Not a problem. In the last 15 days, the players of Baltimore have accumulated just over $26.6 million dollars in media revenue or if you read my last article, enough to buy 2.5 wins in Orange County or about 4/10 of a win in Colorado. Couple these earnings with the fact that Baltimore is sitting in a good place for this upcoming draft, and things keep looking better for our friends in Maryland.

Now media isn’t the only place the Hawks’ players are raking in dough. Starting from the top few have 1 member of the head office. Now that this role has been recognized as a actual job, they are getting paid. Next, we have our 2 GMs. Now, every team has 2 GMs that will be paid for their services so although we really don’t gain any ground here, it’s still money in the bank. Also speaking of bank, we have 3 member of the bank squad who are all cashing in every season. On top of that, we have another 2 members who are GMs of a DSFL teams. You may have heard of him, @cosbornballboy . You may hear from him but if you don’t, he’s probably too busy polishing his new trophy. We also have @Sleepy running things south of the border. We have 2 members of the NSFL fantasy football manager team. Last, we have maybe the most important job that everyone wants done but nobody wants to do it, the updater. We have 2 players currently on the updating team making thankless magic happening every Saturday.

When you take a step back and look at the big picture, Baltimore is in a very good place moving forward. Our actives are keeping busy making sure this site is progressing forward. Now there may be other teams that make a similar contribution, but without doing all that research myself, I will say I don’t believe it. Feel free to prove me wrong. I am looking for fodder for part 7 anyways.

Thanks for reading. Please stay tuned for part 7, A working title that I usually come up with at the last moment.

606 words

GRADED

*The Pursuit of Invincibility - manicmav36 - 12-07-2017

This is crazy! Top to bottom, nearly every active we have is writing articles AND has a league job. I'm not sure if any other team can say that.

*The Pursuit of Invincibility - iamslm22 - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 04:00 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:This is crazy! Top to bottom, nearly every active we have is writing articles AND has a league job. I'm not sure if any other team can say that.

BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL BAL

*The Pursuit of Invincibility - Raven - 12-07-2017

Yeah that's cool and all, but can they do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke?

*The Pursuit of Invincibility - 37thchamber - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 11:01 PM)Raven Wrote:Yeah that's cool and all, but can they do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke?
Funny. I literally played on cold, rainy nights in Stoke before I retired.

*The Pursuit of Invincibility - Raven - 12-07-2017

(12-08-2017, 12:49 AM)37thchamber Wrote:Funny. I literally played on cold, rainy nights in Stoke before I retired.

but did you do it?

*The Pursuit of Invincibility - 37thchamber - 12-07-2017

(12-08-2017, 01:21 AM)Raven Wrote:but did you do it?
That is up for debate. I reckon I did it on at least 1.5 occasions, though.