International Simulation Football League
Excitement abound as NSHL prepares for first draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Excitement abound as NSHL prepares for first draft (/showthread.php?tid=634)

Excitement abound as NSHL prepares for first draft - Molarpistols - 05-26-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Excitement abound as NSFL prepares for first draft
NSHL News and Tidbits from around the League
Brought to you by Pistol News Network, a division of Pistol Enterprizes LLC.
Staff writer: Ian Bavitz

[/div]

[div align=\\\"left\\\"]Excitement is ramping up here as we prepare for the inaugural draft for the National Simulation Football League. Press conferences are being held all over the place as the eager prospects prepare for the night that will alter their lives forever. History will be made, surprises will be around every corner as the media tries to decipher which team will pick which player. The tension is palpable in some draft board rooms as we prepare for the first step, draft order lottery.

Beginning tonight, in just a few hours the long-awaited draft lottery will be held. An NSFL affiliate, princekyle will be hosting a live-stream of the event on his twitch channel, found here. Anticipation is mounting, as we've seen several charged prospects gathering around for the announcements. Agitated General Managers and Co-GMs await feverishly as their draft fates will be decided momentarily.

We managed to talk to a few of the prospects about the upcoming announcements, with one Mark Ramrio saying "Loooking forward to it!" and Vincent Draxel saying "Good luck to all teams tonight!" Our attempts at getting a sound byte from one of the GMs was met with hostility, we won't name names, but a certain GM responded with "Fuck out of here, we're trying to get our goddamn work done, alright!?, Fucking Plebs..."

In other news, earlier talk of an early NSFL expansion drew to a close. At the owners meetings, the issue of expansion was tabled until next season. League administrators begrudgingly relented in their plea for cooperation after it was realized that something so important shouldn't be done so suddenly. The full announcement from the league can be found here.

Some dreams were quashed along the way, but ultimately it's probably for the best not to rush into things. We can look forward to next year being just as exciting as this coming one, because we might just be seeing some new teams out on the field, bleeding and sweating for glory.

Lastly, in prospect news, questions were raised about one Jogn Floggity. The prospect out of Hawaii was looking great in the All-American Bowl, but could be tumbling down draft boards as News of possible attitude issues have surfaced.

Another prospect, Marcus Boyd of Texas A&M was arrested Saturday night after a brawl. TMZ Sports was the first to break the story, and call into question the character of the unfortunate player.

Lastly, a feel-good story out of Ireland. The Farmers Son from Ireland, Luke Tiernan, hit newstands today. The story covers prospect Luke Tiernan, of Ireland and his long road to becoming a professional football player in the NSFL. Trials and tribulations abound, Tiernan was able to find a way to make it. Eager eyes are watching as Luke, and all of Ireland anxiously await his fate come draft day.

From all of us here at Pistol News Network, we thank you for stopping by. Tune in next week for more awaited news concerning the NSFL.[/div]

Code:

Excitement abound as NSHL prepares for first draft - princekyle - 05-26-2017

Really nice news piece. Nice work.

Excitement abound as NSHL prepares for first draft - Noble - 05-26-2017

Solid piece! Great to see a new guy getting his media in Smile

Excitement abound as NSHL prepares for first draft - Bwestfield - 05-26-2017

Loved it, hope to read more like it!

Excitement abound as NSHL prepares for first draft - RavensFanFromOntario - 05-26-2017

Can confirm I was initial GM.

Excitement abound as NSHL prepares for first draft - Ltsmashie - 05-27-2017

Great piece, and thanks for the mention.

Excitement abound as NSHL prepares for first draft - Saliva^ - 05-27-2017

the fuck is NSHL though?

Excitement abound as NSHL prepares for first draft - Molarpistols - 05-27-2017

(05-27-2017, 06:02 AM)Saliva^ Wrote:the fuck is NSHL though?

Ah, shit. Spoiler alert, I live in MN and up here we have the NSHL - Northern States Hockey League. I apparently hear about it enough that my brain automatically goes for the H when I start with NS. I fixed it in the article, as far as I know I am not able to edit the post title. Sorry for the confusion folks.