International Simulation Football League
*Portland Pythons Playoffs Review - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Portland Pythons Playoffs Review (/showthread.php?tid=6599)

*Portland Pythons Playoffs Review - CDub2 - 12-19-2017

Hello all. This will probably (I think) be my last Portland Python Review piece. I'll be recapping the DSFL playoffs to the best of my abilities and my memory. This will be a bit different of a analysis because the index didn't update the final playoff game.

Round 1 vs NOR

What a game to open the playoffs with. Now again, I'll mention that I really feel bad for the Sea Wolves. They have now managed to go 0-5 against us this season. And this game wasn't pretty either. 31-0 in the playoffs. Portland pretty much dominated this entire game, as expected to be frank. We had 13 more first downs, converted half of our third downs, and held the Sea Wolves to only 14% third down efficiency. Everything of the Pythons team was firing. The game was already blown out at half time. To add insult to injury, Cameron Taylor (my first self shout out) returned a punt for 79 yards early in the 4th. That was the first special teams touchdown in the entire Portland season. That just goes to show how lucky/well the Pythons were playing this game. Everything was going their way. Portland had more passing yards, rushing yards, and held the ball for five more minutes than the Sea Wolves.

Again, I feel bad for NOR. They were a great team all year, but just couldn't beat us for some reason. Verdict: Sim gods got it right, but didn't need to make it such a blow out.

Finals vs SA

This is the game where I don't really have any stats to go with it, but I'll go off my memory. First of all, I was very worried coming into this game. San Antonio had a great team and was very well run and strategized well. That being said, Portland won both regular season games and was undefeated all season except losing 3 games to Chicago (still don't understand that one). So when the game started and San Antonio jumped out to a huge 2 touchdown lead right away, I was expecting the Portland magical rebirth run to end. San Antonio were pumping the ball on the ground and the Python defence just couldn't keep up. Add in a Vincent Draxel game where he looked like he's be playing a heck of a game, and I was preparing to accept second best in the league. And then, for some reason, the momentum just completely changed. Draxel went back to his usual ways and threw a pick 6, the defence started catching up to the run game, and the offence started doing something relevant. And then before I knew it, the Pythons had a lead, and then that lead got even bigger. So while the game started poorly, down the stretch we consistently played to our strengths and turned the tide. This has been the Python way for most of the season now. We started the season only 3-2, but we continued to play a good defensive system and played to our strengths on offense and it eventually paid off to leading us to the Ultimini trohpy. Still can't believe the season Portland had and could not be more proud of the Front Office and my fellow team mates.

Verdict: Sim got it right. Again, we won the regular season match-ups and we had more dominant players. SA had many more actives early in the season, but late in the season, our few actives were much more impactful that the remaining SA actives.

So here is my last Portland Python Review article. Thanks to those who kept up with them, and thanks to the Media graders who have fueled my TPE gains. I hope to continue writing media for my new team, the Yellowknife Wraiths.

Code:
627 Words. Ready for Grading

GRADED

*Portland Pythons Playoffs Review - PDXBaller - 12-19-2017

Great media as always! Loved having you on the team and writing about the Pythons!

*Portland Pythons Playoffs Review - Bzerkap - 12-19-2017

I like it. Hope to see more Wraiths media in the future!

*Portland Pythons Playoffs Review - kckolbe - 12-19-2017

I won't...miss you, but you were good for the DSFL and I wish you the best. No hard feelings, because we are the favorite to win this year, too.

*Portland Pythons Playoffs Review - CDub2 - 12-19-2017

(12-19-2017, 05:37 PM)kckolbe Wrote:because we are the favorite to win this year, too.

I would expect nothing less from San Antonio Wink

*Portland Pythons Playoffs Review - bagwell - 12-20-2017

I went beast mode in the playoffs!