International Simulation Football League
(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy (/showthread.php?tid=6696)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - Oles - 12-22-2017

Requirements

Written: Must Include 150 Words. We all know about the controversy that has happened this offseason. Whether it was the stunning mass retirement, or the ringleader of a cult, write about how these controversies have changed the league in just a few weeks. Or write about how the teams have dealt with these changes.

Or

Graphic: Make a graphic showing how these issues have affected a team(whether it be Legion or Outlaws) and how the new leadership with these teams have handled it. Include a player render, that player's career stats, and whether they are joining the team or leaving the team. You can also show their impact on the league, using a render and what they did.
Payout

Full Payout = 2 TPE

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday Night, December 24th - 11:59 PM PST

(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - 7hawk77 - 12-22-2017

When the entirety of the Legion retired, I was definitely taken aback. I didn't know about the situation before the GM casually made a retirement thread.
In this thread, it was requested that all of the Legion members should agree if they are retiring.
I think this was in pretty poor taste and I don't think the league deserved this. I understand that this was supposed to be a "fun" display for them to mass quit together, but really I think it's kind of a childish move.
To me, it felt like when a young child is losing a game, they flip the table to end the game instead of finishing playing.
From the reasoning explained, many of the players seemed to not be having fun for many reasons, (some stated the reason of "too much drama"). So in an ironic and dramatic fashion, they then mass retired which messes up the league parity and really criples the future of the legion.

Either way, the new coach of the legion is fantastic and I think can turn around this troubled team from it's rough past.
This mass retirement will be the lowest point in the franchise history and the new coach will take it to the highest it's ever been.

210 words

(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - HENDRIX - 12-22-2017

The Las Vegas meltdown could actually end up benefitting the team in the future. Sure, they're at rock bottom right now but cleaning out players that aren't committed is only a good thing. Good teams start with a solid foundation, just like any other structure. The previous Vegas foundation was rotten and unstable, you can't build anything sustainable on top of that. The Legion are now led by two dedicated GMs and are armed with plenty of cap space and draft picks for the future. They have some solid players left over after the mass retirement and have made a few good trades for great building pieces. The Legion aren't going to be good any time soon, but if they are patient and don't get discouraged, the team could develop into a playoff contender three or four seasons from now, which is a lot better of an outlook than they recently had. (152)

(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - adam2552 - 12-22-2017

[Image: OwQyUTN.jpg]

(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - Bwestfield - 12-22-2017

The Outlaws suffered a tremendous loss once they found that one of there most profound players Jayce Tuck was actually several other players as well. As a multi he was able to contribute to his team and sway the draft in his favor. He was prolific on several of his accounts. It is absolutely stunning that he was able to keep that all going. He was caught which means he didn’t do it well enough or simply got to greedy. There are more questions that cannot be answered by anyone but him and likely will never be answered. Did the sims that he ran get edited to allow an Outlaw dynasty? A question like that can never be answered and this mess kills the Outlaws and taints their history as a dominant team. Now anyone can always dispute it. It is troubling to see all of these things happen to a league so young. Let’s push passed this and forge a new precedent for the league. Let’s not let this cheating continue.

(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - iamslm22 - 12-22-2017

We've heard about the retirements, and we've heard about the Mutlis of ER but I am here to talk about the new hot DSFL controversy. ROBOTS ARE TAKING OVER. At first Big Bot came into the league, a robot meant to show how football was meant to be played. Then all offensive switched positions and robots took over at Offensive Line. Now, not one but TWO DSFL have ben contracted and replaced by robots. It was as stunning decision, and one I'm VERY curious about. As they say first they came for the offensive linemen but I said nothing because I am not an offensive lineman. Next they came for the Norfolk Seawolves, but I said nothing because I am not a Norfolk Seawolf. Next they came for the Chicago Blues, but I said nothing because I'm not a Chicago Blue. Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me. Robots taking over the league should NOT be tolerated. :scrub: :scrub: :scrub:

(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - PigSnout - 12-22-2017

The revelation of Er's multis shook the league to its core. We have to go back and question ever season in the league's past with new eyes now that the Outlaws were aided by illegal multi players. Even more disturbingly, knowing the amount of time and effort Er was willing to put in to give the Outlaws an advantage, we have to seriously consider the possibility that some sims could have been rigged in the favor of the Outlaws since we already know what he was willing to do to gain a competitive advantage. But the biggest victims of this situation are the other Outlaws players and GMs. After putting in months of hard work to put together a great team and building great players, their work will now be questioned and criticized because of a scheme going on that none of them had any knowledge or control of. However, this scandal also has interesting implications for the league going forward. With the Outlaws roster being gutted by the bannings, the league is suddenly wide open. The Otters look to be the new favorite but even though they are good, they were never miles ahead of anybody else like the Outlaws were. The Sabercats finished tied with the Otters last year and could leapfrog them this season, or maybe the Wraiths' offseason moves vault them to the top. Regardless of who finishes on top, the Otters also showed everybody how possible road playoff victories are. Even though this is an awful situation for the Outlaws, it may be setting the rest of the league up for the most exciting season yet.

Quote:271 Words

(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - Drizzy - 12-22-2017

So I wasn't around to see the offseason controversies happen (and I'm still not sure I understand exactly what happened or why), but after reading up on things quickly, damn that's some big shit that went down. A whole team retiring in one go is something that doesn't happen a lot in sim leagues so obviously the effect is going to be felt in a big way. Seems like a overreaction to whatever had gone on, sure there's going to be some shit you don't like in a league but it's not impossible to try and fix things in the right way instead of making that kind of grand gesture. It's going to be a big ask for the team's new GM to try and rebuild everything from the ground up, I wish him all the best. Also the issue of someone having 7 multis is a ridiculous one. How does someone have the time to run 7 different players in one league? Like most people struggle to consistently keep one player going let alone 8. It's a shame, it must really leave a sour taste in the mouth of anyone who was on the team and not a multi.

Code:
200 words

(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - PaytonM34 - 12-22-2017

The entire world was shook on the fateful night of December 15, 2017. When Jayce Tuck, Luke Luechly, Brokk Lee, Tim Pest, Christiano Ronaldo, and Pat Pancake had entered the media room for a routine press conference, no one was expecting the event that would happen next. Rumor has it that these players had a contract dispute with the GM, unknown to the general public. Another rumor going around is that the players were being treated unfairly, by being made to sing lullabys to the GM to sleep at night, at the displeasure of the players. Nevertheless, the outcome of the press conference that happened on December 15, 2015 will always be of conversation in the NSFL world. Some people say they were there to see it themselves. Others say that they have secret never before seen footage of the incident. Only one thing is for certain though....When those six players decided to become martyrs and drop trou in front of the world, history was made.

166 words

(S5) - Weekend PT #1 - Controversy - bovovovo - 12-22-2017

Anybody who hasn't been sleeping under a rock is well aware that the Las Vegas Legion, a team many thought were on the rise, experienced a mass retirement this off season. There were many hypothesized motives for what drove these players to retire together and cripple the franchise in one swell swoop. Was it an act of rebellion, to stand up to what they perceived was a tyrannical and unfair head office? Was it just for fun, to troll the league? Were the players led to their doom by a power hungry "literally Hitler" ring leader? The fact that many of these players are now recreating has left many around the league scratching their heads over why players would self-sabotage themselves and their team.

But the Legion have moved on, and are left picking up the pieces. Despite what many are predicting to be an objectively terrible season on the horizon, the Legion's new GM continues to speak with confidence regarding the team's future. While some called for the Legion franchise to be completely disbanded, it would appear that all hope is not lost just yet for this franchise.

(189 words)