International Simulation Football League
*Week 0 Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Week 0 Power Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=6829)

Pages: 1 2

*Week 0 Power Rankings - tlk742 - 12-26-2017

I’m back. Man it feels good. I’m going to reset the deltas because I missed so many weeks.
Week 0 is always tricky, you’re taking last year’s roster, factoring in what worked with each and want to see how much the draft and free agency impacted things. It’s a bit of a shot in the dark.
Power rankings indicate that if two teams face off with all things neutral, the higher team should win, does that happen? It’s why we play the game.

1. OCO Orange County Otters
It’s really hard not to see the defending champions as the favorite for it all. In fact, the team has gotten better, not worse. The addition of Yates is going to make defenses worry about blocking both the pass game and run game, as Yates is able to be both Burnsman and Jenkins in one. The defense is still stout and so it’s really just a question on if they can prove their worth this season.

2. BALBaltimore Hawks
Oh man, I think this team got unlucky last season, and they honestly addressed the biggest issue they have, pass catchers. Trey Willie can finally be a Wide Receiver #1 and they don’t have to worry about the fact that Stormblessed is only going to get worse with time, the team is set for the future and their new receiver will help make an instant impact for a team that needs to do more to take advantage of Avon.

3. YKW Yellowknife Wraiths
It’s so hard to say where the Wraiths will succeed, but they got their defensive pieces to hopefully make their first ever back-to-back playoff appearance. If their defense can hold up and let their offense work, this team could be a force, but this has been something that the Canadian team has been saying since at least Season 2 so let’s see what happens. The moment everyone gets high on Yellowknife the team tends to fall short.

4. SJS San Jose SaberCats
If there was ever a team hungrier for the trophy, it’s San Jose. The team has made moves to ensure they’re competitive for the short term, whether it’s trading away late picks for one-year rentals or trading for big name free agents last year, the team is not going to take the 48 point gap stop them from making their first playoff push. There’s also some interesting to note, how the team does with new running back Darren Smallwood will be quite a sight. Smallwood on numerous occasions has predicted himself to be underwhelming.

5. ARI Arizona Outlaws
It’s hard to talk about Arizona without talking about how every win is tarnished, so they’re really an enigma. I have no idea at this point what part of games they won was because of rigged simming and multis and what part of it was the talent on paper. Granted, they lost a lot, but I think the addition of Eijun Wozy is being downplayed, that man is a monster. I’m not going to make a snarky comment about taking a kicker and punter in the first round, the fact that it’s both makes the value worth it and will help with the defense not starting with its back to the wall.

6. PHI Philadelphia Liberty
Let me start off by saying the gap between 1 and 6 is way closer than the gap between 6 and 7. The Liberty have a lot to love, although they didn’t bolster their roster with any draft picks, the team did make a strong play acquiring Ryan Flock and Godfrey King which will make the play for the NSFC anyone’s game. The problem doesn’t lie in the defense though, it’s depending on Clifford Rove to not lose them the games they need to succeed, so we’ll see what happens.

7. COL Colorado Yeti
The three year plan enters year 1. On the draft interview Sapp said 4 wins were the goal, can they do it? I don’t know. I like Carlito Crush, I think he is the best player in the draft, but I’m not sure that picking up him as well as other rookies in droves will help this team hit that 4 win goal; they’re going to have to do a lot to make this team function. What’s going to be curious is to see if Pierno can make the leap that the team believes he can.

8. LVL Las Vegas Legion
The Legion had a lot of picks in the middle, and some that could really help the team on their second rebuild. What happens from here is anyone’s guess but the Legion are in the dire straights. Luckily I think their new management is what the team needs to really get things going. Bovo has been a strong candidate in his leadership and has helped secure the Wraiths a season with a trip to the Ultimus game. Terrell Brister seems like an active individual. But anyone who is rooting for a quick and easy turnaround doesn’t recognize that Bovo walked into the perfect storm there, the same cannot be said for here.

[CODE]858 words[/ CODE]

@acki edited this, please send the first million his way.

GRADED

*Week 0 Power Rankings - iamslm22 - 12-26-2017

"acki edited this, please send the first million his way. "

I thought we weren't doing this anymore.

*Week 0 Power Rankings - tlk742 - 12-26-2017

to quote the Sabercats twitter:

This power ranker has no idea what he's talking about. 4? Way too low.
https://twitter.com/SaberCatsNSFL/status/945748244969213953

*Week 0 Power Rankings - manicmav36 - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 04:01 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:"acki edited this, please send the first million his way. "

It's only against the rules if you get caught. :ph34r:

*Week 0 Power Rankings - RavensFanFromOntario - 12-26-2017

Yellowknife were the pre-season favourites in season 1 too

*Week 0 Power Rankings - 124715 - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 05:01 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:"acki edited this, please send the first million his way. "

he has to be able to point concretely to what acki did. So, this doesn't qualify.

*Week 0 Power Rankings - ADwyer87 - 12-26-2017

Yeti have a three year plan? stealing my fantasy football ideas wtf

*Week 0 Power Rankings - kckolbe - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 02:01 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:"acki edited this, please send the first million his way. "

Two things I love about it. 1) there is a formatting error that hasn't been fixed. 2) the post says "this post has been edited by tlk742" RIGHT BELOW where he says acki edited it.

*Week 0 Power Rankings - Bzerkap - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 03:39 PM)kckolbe Wrote:Two things I love about it.  1) there is a formatting error that hasn't been fixed. 2) the post says "this post has been edited by tlk742" RIGHT BELOW where he says acki edited it.
Shameful. Needing me to edit your posts

*Week 0 Power Rankings - kckolbe - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 03:40 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:Shameful. Needing me to edit your posts

A season and a half from now I'm gonna get you back.