International Simulation Football League
*Glenn Mcpoyal diary entry #2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Glenn Mcpoyal diary entry #2 (/showthread.php?tid=6960)

*Glenn Mcpoyal diary entry #2 - Alfredo_Pasta - 01-03-2018

This is the start of Glenn McPoyals diary entry number 2. After we finished my seventh grade season with a dismal 5-5 record we went into the off season. By the start of eighth grade year I was sure ready to get back to what I loved, playing football. In the begging of camp the coach named me the number one wide receiver. They couldn't believe how much of an improvement I had from the very beginning of the year to the end of the year. I was bound to show my coaches and teammates I was the best wide out they had seen. Eighth grade year went very similar to seventh grade year. We started out going five and zero. I had by that time ten touchdowns on thirty targets and twenty five catches in just the first five games. I was lighting the defenses up left and right all game long. The final games of the season were a little tighter. We lost our next two games but winning out on the final stretch. We finished with a final record of eight and two, enough to send us to the playoffs. We played in two games in the playoffs and won both of them. We were headed for our division championship game. In the final minutes our quarterback, Charlie Kelly, tossed me the football. With a score of twenty one to seventeen I knew I had to come down with the ball in the end zone. With only two seconds left in the game Charlie Kelly launches the ball to me. I can see it coming straight to me. The defender and I jump up at the same time for a play on the ball. The defender is able to grab it straight from my hands. Interception. Game over. We lost the game and it was definitely a very sad time. We had an amazing season and one that put me in the sights to becoming one of the best tight ends the dsfl has ever seen.

My middle School football and academic career is finally over. It is now the summer before my freshman year of high school. I'm super excited to be joining the well known Princeton Vikings, who produce many NFL and MLB stars. Before training camp, however, I was out jumping off rooftops into pools. I accidentally slipped before I jumped off my friends rooftop and l landed very painful on my legs. It turned out I had broke my left leg and fractured my left ankle. It was safe to say I was going to be playing football my freshman year. Since I was able to do anything I began to gain weight while I was stuck on crutches. By the time I got off crutches I had weighed quite a bit. I don't remember any more exactly how much I weighed but it was a bit. By the time I got my casts off it was around March. I went to training and rehab to work my legs and I finally got to a hundred percent. I went to the gym that summer every day twice a day for 3 hours. I got bigger that summer and hit a big growth spurt. When I got to training camp my sophomore year my coaches couldn't believe it. I looked like a totally different person. I still wanted to play wideout but unfortunately I had gotten a little too slow to play. I suggested moving me to tight end. I said I would like to still catch and be a game changer. My coaches agreed to try me out for the tight end position. I'll admit I was a bit Rusty after not playing a year so it took me a while to get back to route running and catching that I used to be able to do. I ended up making varsity that year (probably because no one else played tight end for varsity) we had a senior quarterback that year, Dennis reynolds. Because of this unfortunately we did not do very well. We finished with a record of five and seven.

Words:689
Ready to be graded

GRADED

*Glenn Mcpoyal diary entry #2 - The_Hero - 01-04-2018

Whoa whoa whoa! You didn't just say the Golden God was a bad quarter back did you??