International Simulation Football League
*Borro Gore Prepares For Debut - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Borro Gore Prepares For Debut (/showthread.php?tid=6964)

*Borro Gore Prepares For Debut - Goretron - 01-04-2018

Just two days before his first professional game, Borro Gore signed his first professional contract.

The Portland Pythons play their first game on Thursday night, and Borro Gore arrived in the city of Portland for the first time in his life early Wednesday morning. He signed his first professional contract electronically the day prior.

"Didn't know that was even possible. Technology these days, am I right?" Borro commented.

Borro will have one day of practice before Portland takes on the Norfolk SeaWolves Thursday night. Not a full practice, mind you, just a walkthrough.

"Taking it slow, man. It's tough to pick up an offense in just a day. I think coach said we'll be going with a committee approach until I get a grasp on the playbook." When pressed on if he liked the idea of being in a running back by committee, Gore said, "Hell no, I don't think any running back in their right mind wants to be in a committee. You've got to be the baddest dude on the field when you're at this position. Cocky as hell and fearless. That's what my high school coach taught me. That means you have to have that dog inside of you, that never wants to leave the field."

The Pythons certainly love that mentality in Borro, but they'll need more than a good attitude in the running back they've put their hopes in, they need an effective rusher. Without an alternative viable long term starter at running back, Borro Gore has a giant role to fill for the defending Ultimini champions.

"There's a lot of pressure on me for sure. But I love that. I'm an unknown commodity, hell, even the Pythons probably don't even know what they're getting from me. I can't wait to show them though, man. It might take some time, but people will look back and wonder how I flew under the radar like I did, I can guarantee you that."

Borro Gore has been putting all of his energy in learning the Portland system and winning against the SeaWolves. Despite a hectic past couple of days, Borro is confident that despite what might be a limited role, he expects to still impress his team and fans.

"The offense we run here is different than what I've run in the past. The terminology is different. Everything just feels a little different. I feel like I've got a good football mind and pick things up pretty quickly, and it helps having a great coach and staff. And Austin (Roenick) has been helping me out, he put in some extra work today after walkthrough getting the mesh point and footwork down. It's I know coach said I'm splitting time this week, but I'm going to try and convince him tomorrow to change that up next week," he said with a grin.

When asked what he's looking forward to most, Borro quickly replied, "Hitting somebody! I miss that thud. It's been a few months, you know. Haven't had that contact that you get in a game in a while. Lowering my shoulder, ripping through arm tackles, that's the part of the game I love. Other than that, there's just a feeling you get before a game. Like a combination of anxiety and stress, and hell maybe sometimes a little fear. It fuels me." Borro expanded on what he thinks causes any fear before a game, "I think it's just the fear of letting your teammates down. If I didn't have that fear of letting them down, I'm playing for myself. A lot of guys might laugh when I say I've got fear before a game, but I think it's natural, man. That's where the will to run through a wall for the guys on your left and right. If you don't have that in you, you're at a disadvantage."

Code:
641 words

GRADED