International Simulation Football League
*Freshman and Sophomore college years - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Freshman and Sophomore college years (/showthread.php?tid=6967)

*Freshman and Sophomore college years - Supersquare04 - 01-04-2018

Coming out of middle school I was believed to be the best player in the history of Missouri...baseball...My great uncle Hank Aaron had taught me how to do everything baseball. But when I didn't make the team my freshmen year, he said everything would work out how it should. I tried out for every sport I could think, soccer, wrestling, and even football. I played 2nd string cornerback for our freshman team and did pretty poorly but my coaches kept telling me to stay in the weight room and work on my technique, so I did. I dropped soccer but kept doing wrestling, and I was bad. But it helped with my conditioning and my will to win. I came back my sophomore year and to my surprise my coach met with me the practice before our first game and said I'd be starting varsity.
I completely dominated, I outsped every cornerback they had, if I wasn't a mile ahead of them I simply created something out of nothing, and caught a catch that no other person could catch. We did amazing, we made it to the state championships 3 straight years in a row and won my senior year. I went off to college, I chose Mizzou, over Bama and Auburn and the rest of the D1 opportunities because I wanted to play for my home. My first year as a true freshmen we did pretty damn good. I was a key piece in the revival of the Mizzou football program, long story short we sucked for a long time. In one of the most tough games of the year we faced Michigan, and oh boy they were good.
Their cornerback was the highest touted cornerback in Michigan history, they were already saying he was better than Michigan Alumni Charles Woodson. The guys name was Jacob Woothrall. I was completely shut down. I had 1 catch for -3 yards off of a garbage screen play...and I was targeted 12 times. During the last couple minutes of the 4th quarter we were down 10-17, and all I wanted was to beat Woothrall, I didn't care about us winning. All I wanted to do was beat him. 3 plays went by, all slants where I was the 4th option, the guy who they only throw to if everything goes south. on our next play I went up to the Quarterback and told him to give me the ball. I ran my slant and he checked it down to the running back for a 3 yard gain. I walked up to him and screamed at him. Telling him to 'give me the Fucking ball'. This time I got the same assignment, stupid inside slant. I said 'fuck it' and ran a go route. Woothrall wasn't as fast as me and I was a step in front of him. For a reason I don't know why the quarterback actually threw me the ball. But Jacob Woothrall was better than I was, and as we both leapt for the ball he was inches from the interception. I reeled my body and contorted it into a position that I shouldn't have and when I came down There was not much to land on, my right foot was all that I had. When I came down I took a couple steps and fell, all I remember after that was pain. When I opened my eyes there were trainers carting me off to the locker room, and when I woke up in the hospital I remember my coach and a doctor there, my coach saying I was an idiot and the doctor saying that I had torn both my ACL and my MCL.
A couple days later my coach told me that all the NFL teams had scratched me off the draft board, that no one comes back from these types of injuries without a miracle. I said that I would come back stronger, that I would do whatever it took. He got up and as he left the room turned his head and told me to prove it. Oh year, and we lost to Michigan and that Jacob Woothrall kid was at the top of the heisman list and the draft boards.

685 words
READY FOR GRADING

GRADED