International Simulation Football League
Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] (/showthread.php?tid=709)

Pages: 1 2

Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - Lainncli - 05-28-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][No more questions will be taken, new presser here.]
(If anyone knows how to "spoiler" text that'd be really useful)

---[/div]

When a phonecall from America
Said 'Send the lad over',
Well the old fella said
'It wouldn't do any harm',

Some may recognise the words of the Wolfe Tones' classic ballad, but for Kieran O'Connell this was the reality brought to him as a fresh-faced eighteen year old. He recalls clearly grinning across at his father on the phone, knees chittering like a wain at Christmas. His old man stood, walked across the small width of their front room and put the phone down. Kieran started to protest, before being quickly silenced.

"They want you, you've got the scholarship son."

At a young age, Kieran O'Connell grew up in Easterhouse with his dad, a plumber by trade. He played a different kind of football in the local parks, earning some reputation for his turn of pace on the ball. Briefly, as a ten year old, he even had a stint with Partick Thistle's academy only to be released at the end of the season. His father had two season tickets at Celtic Park and Kieran idolised the Hoops under O'Neill and Strachan. In particular, he saw in tricky winger Shinsuke Nakamura an ability to ghost past players that he dreamt of.

In the summer of '07, Kieran's father found a job working with the city council and was able to rent a flat in Pollokshaws. There, Kieran attended the local high school and underwent a significant growth spurt in his second year. Finding himself not only quicker but also stronger than many of his schoolmates, Kieran was convinced by a PE teacher to join the school rugby team on the wing. As expected, he quickly came into his own and found a talent for running around and over opposition players.

To further his talent, Kieran was encouraged to join his local club and made a similar mark. Moving from wing to outside centre, he earned respect from teams in the local league for being a line-break threat and a hard tackler. Meanwhile, still a mainstay of the rugby squad, he became the star of the school's otherwise limited athletics club too. Running 200m, Kieran managed third in the Scottish Schools' Championships in his third year and furthered the achievement in his fourth with a second place.

It was around this time Kieran was first introduced to American football. His father had bought a Sky Sports TV box to be able to watch the Scottish Premiership games, no longer holding his season ticket, and Kieran stumbled across the NFL coming home from sprint practice. Awed by the athleticism and physicality of the sport, his interest soon developed into an obsession.

"He'd spend an hour on my computer the night before, watching whatever videos he could find and taking notes like he was Special Branch or something. Then, next morning, he'd be up early and out in the road out front, with his trainers on and a few cones." It was this desire that lifted O'Connell to new heights, as an athlete and gave him his opportunity. In his final high school year, Kieran won the Scottish Schools' Track And Field in 200m running a 21.82. He was invited to the Schools' Irish and British championships, where he placed second with a personal best 21.77.

To get across the Atlantic, to get in his helmet and pads, Kieran knew he had to take the unorthodox route. He started getting friends to film him, running the drills he saw at NSFL combines and taking on defenders in rugby. His track times spoke for themselves, and together he created a profile of sorts to be sent to colleges across the US. Passing his highers in Maths, Physics, and History with Bs and an A Mechanical Engineering, Kieran had made the grades for a Mechanical Engineering course at the University of Glasgow yet held out for his American dream.

Finally, in July, Pittsburgh called. They told Kieran that they were impressed by his tape, but unconvinced that he could simply walk into a sport he'd never played before. As such, they offered him a freshman track scholarship and the chance to compete for a full football scholarship as a walk-on. Although not as he envisioned, Kieran accepted immediately. For his mates, he held one last party and then his life took a turn across the ocean wide.

Arriving in Central Oakland, Kieran found his path might not be as easy as he thought. For a start, the coaches barely wanted a look at him at scrimmage - They had their star tailback, a competent backup, a top high school prospect in the line of succession. He competed admirably with the freshman athletics varsity, topping in 200m and 100m at track meets, but his mind was always elsewhere. Starter injuries meant Kieran was in kit for two games, but made only the single carry - Cutting back on a two-back outside zone play for seven yards.

With the season over and their star back gone, Kieran did what he could to impress in training camps. Staying in Pittsburgh over the summer to work, he combined pot-washing behind back with a rigorous training schedule. Returning to the University on a partial athletics scholarship, O'Connell showed real fight to start at tailback and the coaches agreed to grant him a full football scholarship. As a backup, Kieran made twelve carries for sixty yards against Virginia Tech and thereafter established himself as a viable option. By the end of his sophomore year, O'Connell had started three games, making a hundred and ten carries total for four-eight-two yards. His powerful, direct running style showed with consistent yards as a true one-cut north-south runner.

As a junior, O'Connell was promoted to being half of a running-back-by-committee approach with his senior teammate. No longer forced into a niche role O'Connell was able to showcase a much wider range of talents, excelling running both between the tackles and in outside zone play. He was further adapted to play on passing downs where he proved a capable blocker and occasional receiver. With his committee teammate injured in the final regular game of the season, O'Connell went into the Compass Bowl against Ole Miss as the number one running back for the Panthers. There, he exceeded expectations with a hundred and eighty yard performance including two rushing touchdowns and an additional forty yards in the passing game. Praised for his game-winning performance, it was suggested that O'Connell might declare for the draft early and earn a contract in the later rounds. Despite this, he made clear that he would be at Pittsburgh next season and ended his junior year with one-zero-five-two yards from two hundred and twenty carries, alongside four hundred and eleven yards from forty-one receptions.

Off the back of this performance, O'Connell tore into his senior year with a fresh lease. His repeated the feat against Penn State in their opening game, breaking free for two forty yard touchdowns and racking up a hundred and ninety yards all purpose. Defences in the Atlantic Conference started stacking against O'Connell, subsidising a mediocre aerial game and leading the Panthers to a four-year best of 9-3 in the regular season. Although Pittsburgh lost in the Conference Championship game to a resurgent Virginia Tech, O'Connell had established himself as a star at Pittsburgh and a true prospect for the NSFL. With one thousand four hundred and seven yards, twenty rushing touchdowns and room for more, the boy from the estate in Glasgow is ready to take on the Streets of the NSFL.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]---

Kieran will now take questions.

---[/div]

NorthFloridian Wrote:What is your top destination?

What is your bottom destination (if you have one)?
WinstonKodogo Wrote:2. Who's your team of choice in the NFL?
Ltsmashie Wrote:What team in the NSFL would you most like to play for?

At this point in the draft, it's all about keeping my options open. I've yet to speak directly to any coaches and I'm definitely hoping to get that opportunity before the draft, to talk about how a team would utilise me on the field and how they envision their offensive philosophy. That's really what I see as important, what job I can do for them week in week out.

All that said, I've a soft spot for the Bay Area so I wouldn't mind being picked up by San Jose.

NorthFloridian Wrote:Which school did you enjoy beating the most in college?

There's a lot of noise about West Virginia and the Backyard Brawl, but unfortunately that's never an opportunity I got in college so my biggest rivals had to be Penn State. Obviously we were always considered the underdogs in that, but we definitely had them within our reach and every game we played was a proper contest. I think with their whole "Success with Honor" shite, they saw themselves as being above other teams in the conference and we did our best to remind them that football's a contact sport, not a class test.

NorthFloridian Wrote:How do you think people in Scotland will perceive your transition?
WinstonKodogo Wrote:1. Yourself and fellow Scot Stephen Harris have both came from a rugby background do you see more players making the switch across codes?
NorthFloridian Wrote:Do you think it will open pathways to a larger following of American football in Scotland?

The support from Glasgow, and Scotland as whole, has been grand and I'm obviously hoping that there'll be more coming after us. If you look at rugby players now, at kickers like Hogg and Daly, there's definitely a place for reliable boots and for kids with the physical talent, there's nothing holding them back. If all goes well, I'll be back in Glasgow after the season and I'm looking to work with the NSFL to make sure that pathway's there, for kids with the physicals but more importantly the drive and the determination.

WinstonKodogo Wrote:3. Any player who's style you want to emulate?
Shaka Wrote:What NFL running back do you want to model after?

Walter Payton. If anyone says anything different to that question, they're either lying or they're idiots. I want to be the best option on the field in every situation, whether it's fourth and one or third and fourteen. Even if he didn't get the football, he was always the primary threat on the field and that makes you more valuable than anyone. If you're a running back, you have to make sure the defenders are always paying attention to you.

WinstonKodogo Wrote:4. Biggest culture shock moving to the USA?

Sugar in everything. How tae fuck is there sugar in my bread? Fuck do you call that cheese? I've found the best way to cook cheap and to cook healthy is to go ethnic, so I've mainly been eating chilli for the past four years.

WinstonKodogo Wrote:5. Do you think that you are capable of making the jump to the NSFL?

I wouldn't be putting myself up for the draft if I didn't. I'm confident that I can meet the level of the NSFL and go beyond that. I have to be confident in that.

TheWoZy Wrote:1. How are you feeling about playing in the nsfl with a lot of prospect entering the draft?

It'll be interesting season, aye. There are really too many unknowns to make predictions, to have any idea how the season could go, so I'll be putting my faith in my teammates and my coaches that we can move forward as a unit and take on the best.

TheWoZy Wrote:2. What's your goal for your first season?

To establish myself as one of the top running backs in the league. I don't have to break records - I mentioned Walter Payton earlier, he didn't make a single yard in his first game. I'm only looking to make it known that I can run with the best, to show that I'm a reliable option for the team, and to prove my potential. I have to look at this season as the start of a journey, not the end of the road.

TheWoZy Wrote:3. Have you been interviewed a by team? If yes, how was it?

No, not so far. This is something I'm hoping I can get the chance for before the draft, so I can understand the direction my future coaches will be going in.

TheWoZy Wrote:4. Do you know anyone in this draft?

Unfortunately, I'm the only Pitt player who's declared so far, which is a real shame for our football program. I know we've some talented juniors, so hopefully they can take on the new season and prove that they're ready for the NSFL in 2018.

Other than that, I've obviously played against many other prospects and I know quite a few lads from the football field, but I can't claim to know anyone personally.

TheWoZy Wrote:5. Are you the best RB?

Yes. I'm the best speed back, the best power back, the best pass-catcher, the best blocking back. Anyone who wants to say anything against that can fuck right off and stick their head where the sun don't fucking shine.

deadendpath27 Wrote:Q: You said your dad was a plumber? So is it true what they say about plumber's butt cracks?

Aye, unfortunately. I used to mess with him about a 10p slot, but I reckon you could probably get notes in there now.

deadendpath27 Wrote:Q: I see you have been getting your strength up... would you rather put a defender on skates using agility or put him on his back using strength?
Ltsmashie Wrote:Do you prefer to run through or around your opponents?

The best option is always to take the space available to you, to beat a defender clean. Anyone who's ever watched a game knows that's not always an option. I'm prepared to do both, to put a defender on his arse however I can.

deadendpath27 Wrote:Q: You drop a lot of passes, man. How can you be an all-purpose back when you have the hands of a DT?

Reckon you've been watching some other cunt's tape there pal. I consider myself more than capable as a receiving back, I'm more than willing to learn to play out the slot, and I know I've got the record to back that up.

deadendpath27 Wrote:Q: How would you grade your own football IQ?

Solid. Obviously I went into college with some disadvantage, but I've done my research, I've listen to my coaches like every one was the fucking messiah, and I know everything a running back needs to know.

deadendpath27 Wrote:Q: You're up by 1 point and there's under a minute left in the game. Your opponent has no timeouts. It's 3rd and 9 on your own 45, you run to the outside and find a lane. You stiff arm a DB and take it outside, no defenders within 5 yards. Do you take it in for the score?

If I'm smart, I sit my arse on the ground and we kneel three times. If I'm honest, I take the six points every time unless coach says otherwise. As an offensive player, your primary goal has to be to score points whatever the situation and if the coach hasn't made it clear, then I'm never going to hold back from taking that to the house.

Shaka Wrote:All-purpose RB mean you're going to spread your updates around?
Shaka Wrote:Why'd you pick that archetype?

Aye, I'll work on all areas of the game. Like I've said, I want to be the best option for my team from every snap.

Shaka Wrote:What if you were moved to Wide Receiver?

It's obviously not my preferred position, but if that's the only way I get to play football then I can put the work in and make sure I'm the best wide receiver in this league. Sometimes individuals have to adapt for the team and I know I'm willing to do that if it means winning games.

Shaka Wrote:Are you in other leagues?

No, I'm committed entirely to the NSFL.

Ltsmashie Wrote:What do you think differentiates you from other RB's in the draft?

My ability to be a constant threat. Lots of lads like to find their niche, maybe it makes them feel special to be the "second best speed back" or the "second best power back". I'm going to repeat myself here: I'm the best blocking back, the best receiving back, the best power back and the best speed back.

Ltsmashie Wrote:Is it fair to say that Irishman Luke "LT Smash" Tiernan is just a bigger, stronger and yet just as fast player as you?

Look, I like the lad. I've watched some of his rugby highlights and I definitely think he could've excelled in the back row for Ireland, maybe he might've managed a couple of Lions caps. He's an exceptional athlete and a great rugby player. I can't say the same about him as an American Footballer. Let's be honest: He's slow, he can't block, he's never an option out the backfield, I'm no sure he entirely understands the game. He might be the Tullow Tank, but in pads he's like a roller without a tractor. You line him up against a cornerback or a scrum-half and he'll ran the poor bastard over, but he can't meet the challenge if a team stacks against him. He's a useful option once or twice in the game, but that's it.

NUCK Wrote:What is your favorite animal?

It's gotta be a wolf. Pack mentality and predator instincts.

NUCK Wrote:What is your favorite animal to eat?

If there's one thing yous Americans do well, it's beef. Ribs, steaks, that's been a revelation for me when I've the cash to spare on it.

NUCK Wrote:What is your favorite animal to hang in the living room?

I'm no sure I understand the question if I'm honest.

NUCK Wrote:Why do you feel that animals should be eaten, not pet?

I guess that's just how it works, isn't it, some are there for one and some for the other. Predators and prey, man's best friend and man's best meal.

NUCK Wrote:Why do you hate animals so very, very much? Sad

Ah, I don't at all. Always wanted a dog when I was wain, my old man knew better - We never had a front yard to let it out into, for a start. I'd almost say I was an animal person, or at least I seem to get along with most critters.

Dinklburger01 Wrote:1. Do you think you could be the best foreign player in history?

Definitely. Unfortunately, there's not a huge cast of overseas players to compete against - Only Osi Umenyiora, Star Lotulelei and Jay Ajayi stand out. Those three guys have to be my target, to be what I push to beat.

Dinklburger01 Wrote:2. Do you feel like being foreign has been a disadvantage at all?

When I first started playing in college, definitely. I'd seen playbooks before, I'd read up on what I could find online, but I'd never played from them - I'd never run a route or taken a counter. So, that took some time to get under my belt.

Now, four years on? Not at all. I know what doing, I'm confident I can execute everything I need to. When I'm given the chance, I know I can do that.

Dinklburger01 Wrote:3. How good would you say you are when it comes to ball carrier vision?

I always thought that "ball-carrier vision" was a funny term, that it wasn't quite right. Everyone coming out of college football has the mental capacity to spot a defender coming at them. The real problem people have is decision making and instinct. It's not about seeing the linebacker setting the edge, it's understanding that you're being forced to make a cut and executing that decision perfectly. Too many players have great vision, they see the defenders and they panic and all we end up with is a pile of bodies on the line of scrimmage. I'm not that player, I'm a decision maker and I have the predator instincts to succeed.

Dinklburger01 Wrote:4. Have you ever had any problems holding on to the ball?

Never.

Dinklburger01 Wrote:5. Are you confident in your ability to receive out of the backfield?

Definitely. As I've said before, I've proved at Pitt that I was more than able to do that, to become an option in the passing game from the backfield. Furthermore, I'm willing to learn if necessary and use my abilities from the slot if a coach needs me to be more versatile.

Code:
Ready for grading. 1300 words in the article, 1684 in the presser.

Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - RainDelay - 05-28-2017

What is your top destination?

Which school did you enjoy beating the most in college?

How do you think people in Scotland will perceive your transition?

Do you think it will open pathways to a larger following of American football in Scotland?

Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - WinstonKodogo - 05-28-2017

1. Yourself and fellow Scot Stephen Harris have both came from a rugby background do you see more players making the switch across codes?
2. Who's your team of choice in the NFL?
3. Any player who's style you want to emulate?
4. Biggest culture shock moving to the USA?
5. Do you think that you are capable of making the jump to the NSFL?

Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - TheWoZy - 05-28-2017

1. How are you feeling about playing in the nsfl with a lot of prospect entering the draft?

2. What's your goal for your first season?

3. Have you been interviewed a by team? If yes, how was it?

4. Do you know anyone in this draft?

5. Are you the best RB?

Thanks for the presser and hope you have a great draft day.

Good luck!!! :cheers:

Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - deadendpath27 - 05-28-2017

Q: You said your dad was a plumber? So is it true what they say about plumber's butt cracks?

Q: I see you have been getting your strength up... would you rather put a defender on skates using agility or put him on his back using strength?

Q: You drop a lot of passes, man. How can you be an all-purpose back when you have the hands of a DT?

Q: How would you grade your own football IQ?

Q: You're up by 1 point and there's under a minute left in the game. Your opponent has no timeouts. It's 3rd and 9 on your own 45, you run to the outside and find a lane. You stiff arm a DB and take it outside, no defenders within 5 yards. Do you take it in for the score?

Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - Shaka - 05-28-2017

All-purpose RB mean you're going to spread your updates around?
Why'd you pick that archetype?
What NFL running back do you want to model after?
What if you were moved to Wide Receiver?
Are you in other leagues?

Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - Ltsmashie - 05-29-2017

Nice article, nice to see another rugby player looking to take it to these Americans.

What team in the NSFL would you most like to play for?

What do you think differentiates you from other RB's in the draft?

Do you prefer to run through or around your opponents?

Is it fair to say that Irishman Luke "LT Smash" Tiernan is just a bigger, stronger and yet just as fast player as you?

Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - NUCK - 05-29-2017

What is your favorite animal?

What is your favorite animal to eat?

What is your favorite animal to hang in the living room?

Why do you feel that animals should be eaten, not pet?

Why do you hate animals so very, very much? Sad

Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - Lainncli - 05-29-2017

Jesus, just a few questions to answer. Thank you for all the interest!

NorthFloridian Wrote:What is your top destination?

WinstonKodogo Wrote:2. Who's your team of choice in the NFL?
Ltsmashie Wrote:What team in the NSFL would you most like to play for?

At this point in the draft, it's all about keeping my options open. I've yet to speak directly to any coaches and I'm definitely hoping to get that opportunity before the draft, to talk about how a team would utilise me on the field and how they envision their offensive philosophy. That's really what I see as important, what job I can do for them week in week out.

All that said, I've a soft spot for the Bay Area so I wouldn't mind being picked up by San Jose.

NorthFloridian Wrote:Which school did you enjoy beating the most in college?

There's a lot of noise about West Virginia and the Backyard Brawl, but unfortunately that's never an opportunity I got in college so my biggest rivals had to be Penn State. Obviously we were always considered the underdogs in that, but we definitely had them within our reach and every game we played was a proper contest. I think with their whole "Success with Honor" shite, they saw themselves as being above other teams in the conference and we did our best to remind them that football's a contact sport, not a class test.

NorthFloridian Wrote:How do you think people in Scotland will perceive your transition?
WinstonKodogo Wrote:1. Yourself and fellow Scot Stephen Harris have both came from a rugby background do you see more players making the switch across codes?
NorthFloridian Wrote:Do you think it will open pathways to a larger following of American football in Scotland?

The support from Glasgow, and Scotland as whole, has been grand and I'm obviously hoping that there'll be more coming after us. If you look at rugby players now, at kickers like Hogg and Daly, there's definitely a place for reliable boots and for kids with the physical talent, there's nothing holding them back. If all goes well, I'll be back in Glasgow after the season and I'm looking to work with the NSFL to make sure that pathway's there, for kids with the physicals but more importantly the drive and the determination.

WinstonKodogo Wrote:3. Any player who's style you want to emulate?
Shaka Wrote:What NFL running back do you want to model after?

Walter Payton. If anyone says anything different to that question, they're either lying or they're idiots. I want to be the best option on the field in every situation, whether it's fourth and one or third and fourteen. Even if he didn't get the football, he was always the primary threat on the field and that makes you more valuable than anyone. If you're a running back, you have to make sure the defenders are always paying attention to you.

WinstonKodogo Wrote:4. Biggest culture shock moving to the USA?

Sugar in everything. How tae fuck is there sugar in my bread? Fuck do you call that cheese? I've found the best way to cook cheap and to cook healthy is to go ethnic, so I've mainly been eating chilli for the past four years.

WinstonKodogo Wrote:5. Do you think that you are capable of making the jump to the NSFL?

I wouldn't be putting myself up for the draft if I didn't. I'm confident that I can meet the level of the NSFL and go beyond that. I have to be confident in that.

TheWoZy Wrote:1. How are you feeling about playing in the nsfl with a lot of prospect entering the draft?

It'll be interesting season, aye. There are really too many unknowns to make predictions, to have any idea how the season could go, so I'll be putting my faith in my teammates and my coaches that we can move forward as a unit and take on the best.

TheWoZy Wrote:2. What's your goal for your first season?

To establish myself as one of the top running backs in the league. I don't have to break records - I mentioned Walter Payton earlier, he didn't make a single yard in his first game. I'm only looking to make it known that I can run with the best, to show that I'm a reliable option for the team, and to prove my potential. I have to look at this season as the start of a journey, not the end of the road.

TheWoZy Wrote:3. Have you been interviewed a by team? If yes, how was it?

No, not so far. This is something I'm hoping I can get the chance for before the draft, so I can understand the direction my future coaches will be going in.

TheWoZy Wrote:4. Do you know anyone in this draft?

Unfortunately, I'm the only Pitt player who's declared so far, which is a real shame for our football program. I know we've some talented juniors, so hopefully they can take on the new season and prove that they're ready for the NSFL in 2018.

Other than that, I've obviously played against many other prospects and I know quite a few lads from the football field, but I can't claim to know anyone personally.

TheWoZy Wrote:5. Are you the best RB?

Yes. I'm the best speed back, the best power back, the best pass-catcher, the best blocking back. Anyone who wants to say anything against that can fuck right off and stick their head where the sun don't fucking shine.

deadendpath27 Wrote:Q: You said your dad was a plumber? So is it true what they say about plumber's butt cracks?

Aye, unfortunately. I used to mess with him about a 10p slot, but I reckon you could probably get notes in there now.

deadendpath27 Wrote:Q: I see you have been getting your strength up... would you rather put a defender on skates using agility or put him on his back using strength?
Ltsmashie Wrote:Do you prefer to run through or around your opponents?

The best option is always to take the space available to you, to beat a defender clean. Anyone who's ever watched a game knows that's not always an option. I'm prepared to do both, to put a defender on his arse however I can.

deadendpath27 Wrote:Q: You drop a lot of passes, man. How can you be an all-purpose back when you have the hands of a DT?

Reckon you've been watching some other cunt's tape there pal. I consider myself more than capable as a receiving back, I'm more than willing to learn to play out the slot, and I know I've got the record to back that up.

deadendpath27 Wrote:Q: How would you grade your own football IQ?

Solid. Obviously I went into college with some disadvantage, but I've done my research, I've listen to my coaches like every one was the fucking messiah, and I know everything a running back needs to know.

deadendpath27 Wrote:Q: You're up by 1 point and there's under a minute left in the game. Your opponent has no timeouts. It's 3rd and 9 on your own 45, you run to the outside and find a lane. You stiff arm a DB and take it outside, no defenders within 5 yards. Do you take it in for the score?

If I'm smart, I sit my arse on the ground and we kneel three times. If I'm honest, I take the six points every time unless coach says otherwise. As an offensive player, your primary goal has to be to score points whatever the situation and if the coach hasn't made it clear, then I'm never going to hold back from taking that to the house.

Shaka Wrote:All-purpose RB mean you're going to spread your updates around?
Shaka Wrote:Why'd you pick that archetype?

Aye, I'll work on all areas of the game. Like I've said, I want to be the best option for my team from every snap.

Shaka Wrote:What if you were moved to Wide Receiver?

It's obviously not my preferred position, but if that's the only way I get to play football then I can put the work in and make sure I'm the best wide receiver in this league. Sometimes individuals have to adapt for the team and I know I'm willing to do that if it means winning games.

Shaka Wrote:Are you in other leagues?

No, I'm committed entirely to the NSFL.

Ltsmashie Wrote:What do you think differentiates you from other RB's in the draft?

My ability to be a constant threat. Lots of lads like to find their niche, maybe it makes them feel special to be the "second best speed back" or the "second best power back". I'm going to repeat myself here: I'm the best blocking back, the best receiving back, the best power back and the best speed back.

Ltsmashie Wrote:Is it fair to say that Irishman Luke "LT Smash" Tiernan is just a bigger, stronger and yet just as fast player as you?

Look, I like the lad. I've watched some of his rugby highlights and I definitely think he could've excelled in the back row for Ireland, maybe he might've managed a couple of Lions caps. He's an exceptional athlete and a great rugby player. I can't say the same about him as an American Footballer. Let's be honest: He's slow, he can't block, he's never an option out the backfield, I'm no sure he entirely understands the game. He might be the Tullow Tank, but in pads he's like a roller without a tractor. You line him up against a cornerback or a scrum-half and he'll ran the poor bastard over, but he can't meet the challenge if a team stacks against him. He's a useful option once or twice in the game, but that's it.

NUCK Wrote:What is your favorite animal?

It's gotta be a wolf. Pack mentality and predator instincts.

NUCK Wrote:What is your favorite animal to eat?

If there's one thing yous Americans do well, it's beef. Ribs, steaks, that's been a revelation for me when I've the cash to spare on it.

NUCK Wrote:What is your favorite animal to hang in the living room?

I'm no sure I understand the question if I'm honest.

NUCK Wrote:Why do you feel that animals should be eaten, not pet?

I guess that's just how it works, isn't it, some are there for one and some for the other. Predators and prey, man's best friend and man's best meal.

NUCK Wrote:Why do you hate animals so very, very much? Sad

Ah, I don't at all. Always wanted a dog when I was wain, my old man knew better - We never had a front yard to let it out into, for a start. I'd almost say I was an animal person, or at least I seem to get along with most critters.

TheWoZy Wrote:Thanks for the presser and hope you have a great draft day.

Good luck!!! :cheers:
Ltsmashie Wrote:Nice article, nice to see another rugby player looking to take it to these Americans.

Thank you to the both of you!

Streets of the NSFL [Article+Presser] - Dinklburger01 - 05-29-2017

1. Do you think you could be the best foreign player in history?

2. Do you feel like being foreign has been a disadvantage at all?

3. How good would you say you are when it comes to ball carrier vision?

4. Have you ever had any problems holding on to the ball?

5. Are you confident in your ability to receive out of the backfield?