International Simulation Football League
*D-Line Standouts: Season 4 Review - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *D-Line Standouts: Season 4 Review (/showthread.php?tid=7100)

*D-Line Standouts: Season 4 Review - manicmav36 - 01-15-2018

D-Line Standouts: Season 4 Review

Welcome to our season review of our Season 4 Defensive Line Standouts. This is always my favorite piece to write each season, as it allows me the chance to reflect on the season as a whole and comment on the possible future. Unfortunately, next year, there will be some changes made as doing this for each week in the NSFL has just become too unwieldly. As of now, the plan is to continue with one for each week in real time, but things may change. For those of you that have taken the time to read this, thank you! I hope you get as much enjoyment from reading this as I do writing it. Enough chit chat… Let’s begin!

Team Appearances After Week 14*

Baltimore: 31 (+3)
Arizona: 28 (+1)
Orange County: 24 (+2)
San Jose: 23 (+1)
Las Vegas: 18 (+1)
Yellowknife: 17 (+1)
Philadelphia: 16 (+0)
Colorado: 15 (+3)

Well, a big congrats are in order for the Baltimore Hawks. Despite missing the playoffs for the first time since season 1, they finished atop our list with 31 appearances, 2 ahead of the Arizona Outlaws. Since I started this in season 2, Arizona and Baltimore have both been a beacon of consistency, as neither have ever finished below third. Orange County, a team that has never appeared in the top half of our standings before this year, finished third. Even more surprising, our defending champs from season 3 finished in a disappointing fourth place. Las Vegas has seen a steady decline from their first-place finish in season 2, finishing fourth last season and fifth this season. Like last year, Yellowknife finished 6th in our standings, tying their all-time high. Philadelphia followed suit, finishing in seventh place after finishing there in season 3 as well. It is also their highest finishing spot. Colorado finished the season ranked dead last, marking the second consecutive season they have done so after finishing fourth in season 2.

Baltimore Hawks BAL
K. Hendrix, DE ($ x10), 114 points
R. Sandoval, DT ($ x9), 99 points *TRADED TO THE COLORADO YETI*
B. Metas, DT ($ x5), 50 points
J. Andres, DE ($ x5), 63 points
D. Dam, DE ($$) (played at both LB and DE)

Arizona Outlaws ARI
A. Asipi, DT ($ x 10), 95 points
J. Tuck, DE ($ x8), 100 points *BANNED FOR SEASON 5, TRADED TO THE YELLOWKNIFE WRAITHS*
B. Blade, DE ($ x5), 85 points *TRADED TO THE YELLOWKNIFE WRAITHS*
G. King, DT ($ x5), 79 points

Orange County Otters OCO
G. Wright Jr, DE ($ x7), 109 points
G. Clegane, DT ($ x7), 101 points
A. Tomlinson, DT ($ x7), 78 points
J. Boom, DE ($$$), 60 points

San Jose SaberCats SJS
D. Miller, DT ($ x12), 127 points
C. Okonkwo, DE ($$$$), 75 points
C. Chambers III, DT ($$$$), 45 points
E. Charlton, DE ($$$), 71 points

Las Vegas Legion LVL
B. Bot, DE ($ x7), 80 points *RETIRING AT END OF S5*
V. Cox, DT ($ x6), 75 points
J. Cox, DE ($$$$), 73 points
A. Saginaw, DT ($), 28 points

Yellowknife Wraiths YKW
R. Maddox, DE ($ x6), 101 points
B. Bjornsson, DT ($ x6), 80 points *TRADED TO THE LAS VEGAS LEGION*
E. Gustavsson, DE ($$$$), 54 points
R. Fitzfatrick, DT ($), 41 points

Philadelphia Liberty PHI
E. Kamaka, DT ($ x8), 95 points
M. Ramrio, DE ($ x5), 74 points *TRADED TO THE ARIZONA OUTLAWS*
D. Davidson, DE ($$$), 60 points

Colorado Yeti COL
F. Wozy, DE ($ x6), 84 points *TRADED TO THE ARIZONA OUTLAWS*
A. Sandoval, DE ($ x6), 67 points
S. Skidmarks, DT ($$$), 63 points

At the end of the season there was a lot of talk about defensive ends possibly receiving a buff. I found it interesting, however, that based on my scale, defensive ends averaged 79.4 points per player, while defensive tackles actually averaged lower, at 75.4. My guess is that people were shocked by the significantly lower number of sacks compared to previous years and began to panic without looking at all of the stats. While sacks for defensive end are indeed much lower than previous years, their number of tackles for loss (which I have valued at less than half of a sack) are still very high.
As always, if you have any comments, corrections, or question, I’d love to hear them below.

*Just a reminder, this ranking is not necessarily indicative of how well a team’s defense is operating as a whole, just how many times a player from that team has appeared on our list.

Graded!

*D-Line Standouts: Season 4 Review - automatic - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 04:50 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:D-Line Standouts: Season 4 Review
G. Clegane, DT ($ x7), 101 points

Oh cool. So everyone, even in probowl selection is aware Clegane is the second highest scoring DT, just, noone wants to ackknowledge him. cool. Well, good thing you cant do it this year.

*D-Line Standouts: Season 4 Review - manicmav36 - 01-15-2018

(01-16-2018, 12:40 AM)automatic Wrote:Oh cool.  So everyone, even in probowl selection is aware Clegane is the second highest scoring DT, just, noone wants to ackknowledge him.  cool.  Well, good thing you cant do it this year.

If it's any consolation, I voted for you. I would've talked about you more in-depth on the DT review but you had one less appearance on my lists that Kamaka. It's not a perfect system, but it's pretty damn close. The difference was only 6 points.