International Simulation Football League
Damian West Takes Questions from Media - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Damian West Takes Questions from Media (/showthread.php?tid=714)

Pages: 1 2 3

Damian West Takes Questions from Media - GoodLeftUndone - 05-28-2017

After his Offensive Player of the Game honors in the All-American Bowl...Damian West FINALLY takes questions from media members regarding the game and his career,

Ask away!

(05-29-2017, 02:03 AM)WinstonKodogo Wrote:1. What distinguishes you from the other WRs?
2. What is your draft projection of yourself?
3. Any teams contact you?
4. Best catch of your degree?
5. Are you the life of the party?

1. My ability to gain yards after the catch and make big plays out of almost nothing. It's no fluke that I had the highest yardage in the Prospects game.

2. It's hard to say, if teams solely drafted on who the best available player is I easily go Top 4 or 5 but in a draft that will based on position and there being a lot of receivers I could see myself slipping to Round Two maybe.

3. No not yet. They clearly aren't putting respek on my name!

4. All of them

5. The heart and soul. When Damian West shows up the party IS ON

(05-29-2017, 02:09 AM)Anti-Hype Wrote:Thank's very much for your time

We saw an impressive performance from you at the all american game but some GMs have noted they don't hold much stock into that game. How do you feel about that?
What is your biggest aspiration of this season?
Is there any team you are looking to end up on?

It is what it is. Anyone who passes on me for that reason alone is going to regret it when I eat up yards against them all season long

I'm good with any team. As long as they're ready to win and can field a good enough Quarterback to hit me up with those passes, I'm game.

(05-29-2017, 04:08 AM)Shaka Wrote:You have like no questions, why is that?
Are you new to leagues?
Where'd you come up with the name?
Why'd you pick TY Hilton as the pic base?
How did you not pick #13 as your number?

1. Guess I'm late to the party

2. Hahaha no

3. Random mostly - had the last name West on my mind for a player for awhile so rolled with it. Damian sounded like a good fit.

4. Because I'm a Colts fan and my game is modeled a lot after him. Almost went more old school with Starvin' Marvin though.

5. I thought about it to be perfectly honest but 89 is my go to number for pretty much everything

(05-29-2017, 04:44 PM)Ballerstorm Wrote::interview:
Why did you choose to wear #89?

:interview:
What is your favorite route to run?

How would you describe your blocking?

Do you prefer to study the playbook or work out in the gym?

Who was the best corner you ever faced?

1. It was my older brothers number when he played in High School and I looked up to him, decided to honor him by keeping the number in the family and making a bigger name for us.

2. Any of them. I love to study them all and perfect them, but I won't lie when I say the deeper routes that allow me to more easily lose my defender are my favorites. Verticals.

3. Terrible. I don't have much size on me but usually I'm the one needing a block thrown my way to get space.

4. Study. I workout too but I'm far more fascinated with knowing everything. Perhaps I will coach one day.

5. Nobody, I haven't met anyone yet that can slow me down. Some of these guys in the NSFL show potential so we shall come back to that question later on down the road.

(05-29-2017, 06:33 PM)Ghostspeed Wrote:Damien , Big fan and congrats on the All American Bowl performance.
Got Questions,

1. Does Damien West use a face shield or not? 

2. Any superstitious rituals when getting dressed for a game?...like always tieing right shoe first.

3. Favorite football related movie?...And ever considered acting after football is over?

4. Could Damien West survive in a  triple option based offense where pass plays are few but, potentially rewarding deep routes?

5. Is Damien West the next Madden Cover?

Thank you, thank you!

1. He does use a visor on the sunny days but not when there is precipitation.

2. Nothing superstitious, don't believe in that stuff. I do typically spend about 15-20 minutes quietly by myself with headphones on and my favorite pre-game tunes blaring. Helps psyche me up before the game.

3. I would never consider acting seriously, maybe small roles here and there when they need it. Favorite football movie has to be Remember The Titans - I was younger when it came out and it's full of so much inspiration

4. Yeah of course. I'm an excellent route-runner so I'm going to get my looks and opportunities regardless

5. That's not up to me man but I hope so! Usually you see Quarterbacks and Running Backs on it though.

(05-29-2017, 08:16 PM)Jbearly Wrote:How do you feel about being ranked the second best wide reciever coming into this year? (In my media piece)

Do you feel your game is more unique than other recievers in the draft?

What part of your skill set do you think needs to be improved?

Which qb in the league do you want throwing you the ball?

How long before you are a house hold name in the nsfl?

1. Sorry man never read it, now I'm gonna have to. Means nothing. I know I'm the best and if people think otherwise that's too damn bad.

2. Hard to say. I think my attitude and studious approach to the game is different for sure. Everyone likes to think they're unique so I'll let the experts decide that and just focus on fine-tuning my game.

3. Strength. I spend most of time analyzing plays and routes. While I can be pretty elusive after the catch, it's hard for me to break tackles and get through contact.

4. Doesn't matter. As long as he knows to throw it at me and executes well enough I'm good with it.

5. I'd like to think I already am after the Showcase Game. Within the first couple seasons I'll show that I'm the best for sure.

(05-29-2017, 09:28 PM)RavensFanFromOntario Wrote:How do you respond to people calling you a one game phenom?
Some people say you don't even love football, thoughts?
Strippers or drugs?
Steak or Chicken?
Championship or individual awards?

1. They can say what they want it don't bother me. They'll be eating their own words soon enough anyways.

2. Is this even a serious question? I love football man. Been a fan since I was old enough to walk. My dad watched every Sunday and I loved sitting with him and watching.

3. Strippers don't get you thrown out of professional sports man. They usually go hand in hand though, haha. I don't partake in drugs, I'd like to keep my job and money thanks.

4. Steak all day! Chicken is great but nothing hits the spot like a big juicy Sirloin or T-Bone.

5. Championship. Individual awards can come along with that too but the goal is to always do my thing and help the team win in the process.

(05-30-2017, 09:53 PM)Jogn Wrote:You and Jameis Christ clearly had a lot of synergy in the All American Bowl - are you hoping to go to San Jose and keep that going?

It looks like you don't have a college listed - did you go another route? Are you possibly coming straight out of high school?

You're one of the youngest people in this draft, are you concerned about your ability to perform under pressure?

For you, it seems like you're all speed and hands, and you didn't put that much work into game study, or the weight room. Are you concerned with that approach?

It's rare to see a Canadian regarded highly in draft discussions - do you want to go to Yellowknife, or support the rumored Baltimore to Toronto relocation rumors?

1. It's always nice having chemistry developed like that already. I'm not going to sweat it if I end up there or not playing alongside him. I run my routes accurately, so any good Quarterback is a good fit.

2. I took a year off after high school and never went to College. I still played in that year off and I'm confident enough in my abilities to skip college for the Pros. Getting to start in a brand new professional league versus attending college without a scholarship is much more enticing.

3. Not at all. I love pressure and played my best through the toughest games in High School. This won't be any different just tougher competition which fuels me even more.

4. While my on-field intelligence may not be up to standards I can assure you I am a student of the game and in the classroom. I may not be a stronger guy but I have a way of fighting through it. I know hitting the gym is going to be a main priority throughout these first few seasons.

5. Honestly I don't care where I go. I grew up in Detroit mostly but was born in Canada. I have no ties to being on a Canadian versus an American team at all.

(05-30-2017, 10:22 PM)Kendrick Wrote:1. Where do you believe you will fall in the draft?
2. Are you a fan of NCAA or Madden video games?
3. Would you rather jump off a cliff to your death or drown in shark infested waters?
4. Do you have a celebrity athlete crush on someone?
5. Did you grow up in a large household?

1. I've been hearing a lot of Round One rumors but I'm not glued (heh) to that as a personal goal or anything. My draft position isn't honestly a major concern for me because I know how talented I am.

2. Absolutely to both. I wish they came out with NCAA games again, recruiting for and building a lesser known school up in prestige was honestly the best part of it. I never really played the games to an online extent, I more so enjoyed playing solo dynasties and seeing 'what if' situations play out.

3. Jump off a cliff, much faster death. I feel like drowning or wondering if a shark would eat you first would be a much slower death and wouldn't be as enjoyable. At least jumping off a cliff would be an exhilarating last few seconds of your life. That being said, I don't want to die yet.

4. I wouldn't say any one in particular. There's a lot of celebrities I do fancy but nobody I would obsess over more than anyone else.

5. Semi-large. Had both my parents and an older brother and younger sister. A lot of times our grandparents would be over and cousins. On an average day it wouldn't be that large but on weekends sometimes our house was the place to be and was packed.

(05-31-2017, 04:53 PM)Tomen Wrote::interview: 1. Who do you think will win game 1 of the NBA finals ?

:interview: 2. Preferred TD celebration?

:interview: 3. What seperates you from the other Wide Receivers in this class?

:interview: 4. How much more TD's will you have than Garden?

:interview: 5. Any hard hitting safeties or Linebackers that you would like to avoid?

1. Tough - I think Golden State takes the series but I think Game One could go either way. I'm going to say Golden State.

2. The Gronk! Nothing puts more of an exclamation mark on domination then slamming the ball into the ground and letting out a man-cry!

3. I think I've said this before but it has to be my knowledge of playbooks and perfection when it comes to route running. The fact that I can run faster than most receivers at the same time in conjunction with that really helps.

4. Too many.

5. Hard to say right now since I haven't really been tested yet. There's a couple mean looking dudes out there but they'll have to catch me first for me to worry about them.

(05-31-2017, 05:05 PM)Saliva^ Wrote:Are you honored to respresent the well known GLU agency?
How it was to skip the college?
How's Detroit? Still going down?
Have you ever seen Eminem?
Do you drive car? If so, Ford; Chrysler or Chevrolet?

1. Absolutely. They approached me saying that they'd like to represent me as they see me as a perfect fit for the type of clientele they like to work with. I already started to hit it off with former WFL Cornerback Vontae Peterson.

2. It's nice to get to play pro ball so early but to miss out on the college days that every teenager dreams of is disappointing a bit.

3. It's a shit-hole but it's my shit-hole.

4. Nah not on the streets. Went to a concert once though and that was AMAZEBALLS.

5. A piece of shit Ford Focus. Can't wait to sign a contract and buy something fancy.

Damian West Takes Questions from Media - WinstonKodogo - 05-28-2017

1. What distinguishes you from the other WRs?

Damian West Takes Questions from Media - Anti-Hype - 05-28-2017

Thank's very much for your time

We saw an impressive performance from you at the all american game but some GMs have noted they don't hold much stock into that game. How do you feel about that?

Damian West Takes Questions from Media - Shaka - 05-28-2017

You have like no questions, why is that?
Are you new to leagues?

Damian West Takes Questions from Media - GoodLeftUndone - 05-29-2017

(05-29-2017, 02:03 AM)WinstonKodogo Wrote:1. What distinguishes you from the other WRs?

1. My ability to gain yards after the catch and make big plays out of almost nothing. It's no fluke that I had the highest yardage in the Prospects game.

2. It's hard to say, if teams solely drafted on who the best available player is I easily go Top 4 or 5 but in a draft that will based on position and there being a lot of receivers I could see myself slipping to Round Two maybe.

3. No not yet. They clearly aren't putting respek on my name!

4. All of them

5. The heart and soul. When Damian West shows up the party IS ON

(05-29-2017, 02:09 AM)Anti-Hype Wrote:Thank's very much for your time

It is what it is. Anyone who passes on me for that reason alone is going to regret it when I eat up yards against them all season long

I'm good with any team. As long as they're ready to win and can field a good enough Quarterback to hit me up with those passes, I'm game.

(05-29-2017, 04:08 AM)Shaka Wrote:You have like no questions, why is that?
Are you new to leagues?

1. Guess I'm late to the party

2. Hahaha no

3. Random mostly - had the last name West on my mind for a player for awhile so rolled with it. Damian sounded like a good fit.

4. Because I'm a Colts fan and my game is modeled a lot after him. Almost went more old school with Starvin' Marvin though.

5. I thought about it to be perfectly honest but 89 is my go to number for pretty much everything

Damian West Takes Questions from Media - Admin - 05-29-2017

Why did you choose to wear #89?

What is your favorite route to run?

How would you describe your blocking?

Do you prefer to study the playbook or work out in the gym?

Who was the best corner you ever faced?

Damian West Takes Questions from Media - Ghostspeed - 05-29-2017

Damien , Big fan and congrats on the All American Bowl performance.
Got Questions,

1. Does Damien West use a face shield or not?

2. Any superstitious rituals when getting dressed for a game?...like always tieing right shoe first.

3. Favorite football related movie?...And ever considered acting after football is over?

4. Could Damien West survive in a triple option based offense where pass plays are few but, potentially rewarding deep routes?

5. Is Damien West the next Madden Cover?

Damian West Takes Questions from Media - Shaka - 05-29-2017

(05-29-2017, 08:42 AM)Madness23 Wrote:but 89 is my go to number for pretty much everything

Guessing that's your birth year