International Simulation Football League
*NSFL Playoff Picture - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *NSFL Playoff Picture (/showthread.php?tid=7151)

*NSFL Playoff Picture - RedCydranth - 01-21-2018

The NSFL post season is rapidly approaching. There's only 4 short games until the Post Season is upon us and it's a good time to do a quick glance at our projected playoff picture.

We'll start in the NSFC.

Yellowknife has clinched nothing. However, it would be an epic failure of catastrophic magnitude for them to fall out of the playoff race. It'd be a huge shock if they don't take the division either. Posting a current record of 7-3, and are 1 game in front of the Hawks and 2 in front of the Liberty. Their schedule is pretty good for the last 3 weeks of the season and I would be stunned if they lost any of those games. I project them to finish 3-1 over the next month and finish 10-4, and in first place.

Baltimore currently sits in the 2nd spot with a 1 game lead over Philadelphia for the final spot in the post-season. After starting abysmally at 1-4, Baltimore has rebounded with 5 straight victories and sits at 6-4. Their next 4 games will be interesting. They face the Sabercats at home, where it's never an easy win. away at Orange County can be chalked up as a loss for Baltimore, an easy win against the Yeti comes in 3 weeks. They finish the season out playing against the Outlaws who they've already beaten on the road. A home win to finish the season would be integral in keeping Philadelphia at bay. I think they also finish the season 3-1 for that 2nd playoff spot.

Philadelphia is outside the bubble, looking in. Barely. That loss last week to Baltimore was huge. They need for Baltimore to go back to playing like they did early in the season if they want to make playoffs. Their remaining schedule isn't very forgiving either. After a gimme this week against Colorado, they've got a gauntlet against the 3 top teams in the ASFC. Even with some luck by Baltimore going back to their old ways, it might be a tall order to see Philly in the post season. Maybe next year, right?

Yeti have locked up last place in the division. They're not playing against Las Vegas for that 1st overall draft spot.

The ASFC is pretty much the same story, let's take a look.

Orange County have clinched a playoff spot. Even if they go 0-4 in the last stretch, as unlikely as that may be, and if the Sabercats go 4-0, they'd finish with the same record, but due to tiebreakers (be it divisional record or points) the Otters still hold that advantage. They just need to win 1 of the next 4 games to clinch their very first Division championship.

Despite losing all of ErMurazor's multis, the Outlaws are still a strong team, and in control of their own destiny. Sitting 1 game ahead of the Sabercats, the Outlaws need to finish strong. They'll get one win against the Legion, but after that nothing is set in stone. They face the Liberty away, so that game could go either way. Then they travel on the road against Orange County and Baltimore. Both of those will be tough to win. I think Arizona goes 2-2 over the next 4 weeks to finish 8-6 by virtue of beating Philadelphia and Vegas. Is that enough to maintain their lead over the Sabercats?

San Jose needs some work to make playoffs, but it is possible. Their mid-season flub loss to the Legion is really coming back to hurt now. Their next 3 games will pretty much determine if they're gonna be around after the regular season closes. Next week they face the Hawks at home in San Jose, a very tough home game. After that they hit the road and go to Yellowknife to visit the Wraiths. This game won't be won, if we go by team trends. Then they go to Philadelphia to face off against the Liberty, who're also 5-5 currently, and embroiled in their own must win scenarios. If the Cats want to smell the post season this makes those Baltimore and Philadelphia games must wins. If they lose 2 of the next 3 games, they're not going to their first extra curricular rodeo. They finish off the season against the Legion, which despite being 0-1 against them this season, I'll give the win to. I think, unfortunately, the Sabercats fall just short and finish the season 2-2, with a final record of 7-7.

Las Vegas is eliminated and as I mentioned before, can only play for draft position. Week 12 will likely be the week we see if Las Vegas or Colorado gets their pick of the litter for next year's draft.

My projected final standings:

Wraiths: 10-4
Baltimore: 9-5
Philadelphia: 7-7
Colorado: 2-12

Orange County: 13-1
Arizona: 9-5
San Jose: 7-7
Las Vegas: 1-13

(834 words)

GRADED

*NSFL Playoff Picture - AdamS - 01-21-2018

I believe even if the cats and outlaws finish with the same record the outlaws have the tie breaker