International Simulation Football League
Stuff - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Stuff (/showthread.php?tid=7154)

Pages: 1 2

Stuff - Raven - 01-21-2018

So I`m going to put some suggestions here, following my podcast in which I took a closer look at the PT: Changes which ran a few weeks ago.

1. Offseason event

So I`m going to steal this one from the SHL, because I like the idea of it. Starting from a week before the NSFL entry draft, we have a special draft media bonus active. Write x amount of words about x amount of draftees and get x amount of bonus.

Let's say as an example: write atleast 150 words about 3 differnt rookies each and get a 500k media bonus. Add a cap of 3 of these kinds of media a person.

This adds some exposure for draftees, offseason activity, little bonus moolah.

2. Archetype change rule

Why the hell can't I change my archetype after 3 seasons, but I can suddenly gain 100 pounds and grow 9 inches and play a completely different position just like that. I would imagine it's easier to change your playing style then suddenly play a different position?

Personally I`d say drop the 3 season rule and keep it a one time thing.

3. Rookies in sim

I don't know if the sim engien has this feature, but if posible can we add a rookie flag to players in the index? In the SHL, players who are rookies can easily be spotted due to a "®" next to their names.

Would be dope if we can have something like that in the sim aswell.

Stuff - ExemplaryChad - 01-21-2018

I like all of these ideas. I especially like the offseason bonus event. Even if it weren't exactly in the rookie exposure form (which I do like), I'd be happy to see some kind of offseason incentive to keep things lively.

+1

Stuff - SwagSloth - 01-21-2018

I'm definitely a fan of an offseason event, whether it's this or something else. I like putting the spotlight on the rookies.

As far as the sim engine, I don't think it's possible to do anything like that. Unfortunately. I like that idea, though.

Stuff - ADwyer87 - 01-21-2018

I dont think #3 is a possibility but we can see

#2 ill bring up in discussion

#1 was already being discussed :ph34r:

Stuff - bovovovo - 01-21-2018

(01-21-2018, 11:38 PM)ADwyer87 Wrote:I dont think #3 is a possibility but we can see

#2 ill bring up in discussion

#1 was already being discussed  :ph34r:

Best HO ever

Stuff - iamslm22 - 01-21-2018

(01-21-2018, 11:38 PM)ADwyer87 Wrote:I dont think #3 is a possibility but we can see

Was playing around - confirmed that either A - it is not possible. Or B - I'm too stupid to figure it out.

Stuff - HENDRIX - 01-21-2018

(01-22-2018, 12:12 AM)iamslm22 Wrote:Was playing around - confirmed that either A - it is not possible. Or B - I'm too stupid to figure it out.
Yeah, it's possible. In the sim someone would have to paste the ® symbol after each rookie's last name.

Stuff - White Cornerback - 01-22-2018

(01-22-2018, 05:22 AM)HENDRIX Wrote:Yeah, it's possible. In the sim someone would have to paste the ® symbol after each rookie's last name.

:blink: I wasn't planning on passing this semester anyway

Stuff - 37thchamber - 01-22-2018

(01-22-2018, 06:12 AM)iamslm22 Wrote:Was playing around - confirmed that either A - it is not possible. Or B - I'm too stupid to figure it out.
Would require some editing of the sim index files, or a bespoke index construction. I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty sure the flag exists in the sim itself, because the player experience is a field, iirc ... so it's just a case of making the change

The easiest way would actually be to add "[R]" after every rookie on creation, and then remove it afterwards... but that would take a while unless you directly edit the sim database (which is what I'm going to look into when I get home)

Should be something simple like running a query like "UPDATE Players SET Name=Name & ' [R]' WHERE Experience=0" on the database itself.

Stuff - Bzerkap - 01-22-2018

(01-22-2018, 06:54 AM)37thchamber Wrote:Would require some editing of the sim index files, or a bespoke index construction. I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty sure the flag exists in the sim itself, because the player experience is a field, iirc ... so it's just a case of making the change

The easiest way would actually be to add "[R]" after every rookie on creation, and then remove it afterwards... but that would take a while unless you directly edit the sim database (which is what I'm going to look into when I get home)

Should be something simple like running a query like "UPDATE Players SET Name=Name & ' [R]' WHERE Experience=0" on the database itself.
Experience has to be updated manually and we really haven’t been doing that. I have no idea if experience affects in-game performance though so it should be checked out.