International Simulation Football League
HR Department? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: HR Department? (/showthread.php?tid=7248)

Pages: 1 2

HR Department? - Jiggly_333 - 01-29-2018

I've made jokes about it a long time ago, but I seriously just want to re-establish that I think it would help the league out.

Sort of half-rookie mentor, half-HO. Just someone to help out when someone needs help dealing with another person on the site. Sure, self-policing is a good idea, but we have no clue if another Archon is gonna show up or if people are going to get out of hand about multis again. Now that things have calmed down a bit when it comes to stuff like that, I think it might be worth looking into to get some people solely devoted to making sure people have a good time here.

HO keeps talking about how much work they have to do, so this would delegate the task of helping the user experience in this league. You don't need to contact HO if someone's annoying you. If they're getting on your nerves, but not enough to warrant a suspension or a fine, you shouldn't have to just withstand it until that person finally goes over the line. I haven't seen any other leagues using this, even though there's one or two in dire need of something like this.

I said that I've given up on leadership positions, but that's just GM stuff. I don't want to help run a league, I want to help run a community. I want to help build and preserve this place (I also miss having my name as a color, but I probably shouldn't have just mentioned that). When I first suggested this, things were looking a bit dicey for a while with all the harassment issues and the multi-hunts. Now instead of just leaving things around waiting for the next round of hits (and we all know something's going to happen, it's inevitable), we can have a system set up to handle issues like that.

HO in itself is not enough when it comes to this stuff. HO creates rules and dishes out punishments. They are being given a single large blunt instrument in which to handle issues of varying sizes. The final say will always be with the HO, but they shouldn't have to deal with small petty stuff. That can go to HR, who can try to mediate.

HR Department? - Drizzy - 01-29-2018

You're probably the first person to ever want to be Toby Flenderson

HR Department? - Jiggly_333 - 01-29-2018

(01-29-2018, 07:39 PM)Drizzy Wrote:You're probably the first person to ever want to be Toby Flenderson
Paul Lieberstein is very proficient.

HR Department? - RavensFanFromOntario - 01-30-2018

Fuck you.

HR Department? - Bayley - 01-30-2018

On a daily basis, this position would be in charge of babysitting? I am confused at what this person would even do. It seems like a lot of babysitting to me.

HR Department? - Supersquare04 - 01-30-2018

This seems like something nobody wants because its pointless and an easy way for you to make money. No one else on this site needs to whine when someone makes fun of their city. I don't see how this is necessary at all.

HR Department? - automatic - 01-30-2018

(01-30-2018, 08:52 AM)Supersquare04 Wrote:This seems like something nobody wants because its pointless and an easy way for you to make money.  No one else on this site needs to whine when someone makes fun of their city.  I don't see how this is necessary at all.

I see this as fairly necessary. While the HO does a decent job of keeping the league(train) on the rails, so to speak, they are not good at improving the league and hearing league complaints. This is doubly so since the HO are now th simmers.

I see this job as a public improvements research lab for the league, with a respected member to reccomend changes to the league, instead of just creating angry threads in the suggestion box. I know I have many, many, many different complaints about the league is run, which would be easy to fix, yet lacks a voice because I like to troll on this forum occasionally? I think every GM who puts much more time into the league than me has a laundry list of positive fixes to suggest.

Finally, how is someone inventing a new job bad? Someone who is willing to spend time to improve the league is seen as a moocher?? For a few million fake NSFL dollars a year? Which ducking planet do you live on. This league isn’t a zero sum game here. There is not a finite amount of NSFL dollars, stop arguing like Putin.

HR Department? - ExemplaryChad - 01-30-2018

Love the idea and would like to help. If a team is being established to do this sort of thing, put me in, coach.

I think it would be a difficult start to figure out exactly what the role of NSFL HR would be, but once we got things up and running, it would be hard to imagine the time when we didn't have it, I think. HO has a lot of stuff to deal with; fielding complaints from the community at every level -- the large to the small -- seems like something that could be taken off their plates. At the very least, HR can be a filter for which issues are big enough to bring to HO and which ones can be handled on a more personal level.

Peer mediator + issues filter + community outreach = NSFL HR

HR Department? - iamslm22 - 01-30-2018

In my time as HO I have received complaints from literally one person about how they are treated on discord or the forums. I fail to see why an HR person would be necessary or helpful. What Clegane is describing is something unrelated to what HO does now.

HR Department? - Supersquare04 - 01-30-2018

(01-30-2018, 06:12 PM)automatic Wrote:I see this as fairly necessary. While the HO does a decent job of keeping the league(train) on the rails, so to speak, they are not good at improving the league and hearing league complaints.  This is doubly so since the HO are now th simmers.

I see this job as a public improvements research lab for the league, with a respected member to reccomend changes to the league, instead of just creating angry threads in the suggestion box.  I know I have many, many, many different complaints about the league is run, which would be easy to fix, yet lacks a voice because I like to troll on this forum occasionally? I think every GM who puts much more time into the league than me has a laundry list of positive fixes to suggest.

Finally, how is someone inventing a new job bad?  Someone who is willing to spend time to improve the league is seen as a moocher?? For a few million fake NSFL dollars a year? Which ducking planet do you live on.  This league isn’t a zero sum game here.  There is not a finite amount of NSFL dollars, stop arguing like Putin.

What you described is not what jiggly described. As Slm pointed out no one on this site complains about other people except for jiggly. It sounds like free money because no one will be contacting them, jiggly will be getting money for doing literally nothing because there is no 'bullying' that goes on the site. "someone who is willing to spend time to improve the league is seen as a moocher?" Yes, jiggly won't be improving the league at all and getting paid for it.