International Simulation Football League
*Twenty-One - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Twenty-One (/showthread.php?tid=7295)

Pages: 1 2

*Twenty-One - timeconsumer - 02-01-2018

The new record nobody talks about. Nobody knows about. Because nobody sees it. We all go look at the season records page and we "Ooohhh" and "Ahhhh" at the big numbers. But we're missing out on a big record that was absolutely trashed this season, because it isn't tracked.

Jordan Yates scored twenty-one touchdowns this season. Twenty fucking one touchdowns. That's more than all of Las Vegas' receiving touchdowns combined. That's more touchdowns than Colorado scored ALL YEAR. Add up receiving, rushing, returns, and defensive TDs and Yates scored more touchdowns than the entire team.

Here's how touchdowns added up this season. This includes returns of which Yates did very little (and had 0 TDs) as Westfield is the primary returner in OCO. So this is actually putting Yates at a disadvantage statistically compared to everyone else. I may do some shady things but I don't fudge stats to tell a story.

Yates: 21
Garden: 16
Kennedy: 15
Smallwood: 15
Westfield: 15
Willie: 15
Chess: 12
Jackson: 11
Leclair: 11
North: 10

So the average of the top-10 was 14 TDs. Yates was 50% higher than the average top-10 in total touchdowns this season. He was 31% higher than the next closest, Josh Garden himself. Let's check how this compares to season 4.

Season 4:

Garden: 18
Taylor: 13
Westfield: 13
Yates: 13
Evans: 12
Phelps: 12
Jackson: 10
Mackworthy: 10
Cook: 9
North: 8

Average was 12. Now I know you're thinking "But Garden got 18 and Yates only got 3 more this season that's not that big of a deal blah blah blah fuck dermot blah." Two of Garden's were punt returns, which Yates barely did any of. And even with counting all 18 that's a 16% improvement over Garden's S4 record and 31% if we take out the returns.

Season 3?

Burnsman: 12
Westfield: 12
Garden: 11
Mackworthy: 11
Phelps: 11
Weston: 10
Stormblessed: 9
Cook: 8
North: 8
Chess: 7

So yeah, we can talk about yards and QB ratings and sacks and all that until the cows come home. But for those of you who forget about the second page on the index I am here to tell you that Yates is currently the record-holder for the most touchdowns in a season by a non-QB. And I'm not sure it's going to be broken anytime soon. If he's not in your votes you need to go double check your math.

And as always, remember that Orange County is where running backs go to die.

@jordan327

*Twenty-One - automatic - 02-01-2018

PDXballer and Asylumparty don’t even have Yates going into the pro bowl.

The anti-Otters bias is real.

(02-01-2018, 05:59 PM)automatic Wrote:PDXballer and Asylumparty don’t even have Yates going into the pro bowl.

Lol. #1 in TDs this year and #2 in scrimmage yards (lost to Kennedy by 87 yards there)....but not good enough for pro-bowl. Some people just don't try very hard with their votes.

*Twenty-One - ItsJustBarry - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 05:02 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Lol. #1 in TDs this year and #2 in scrimmage yards (lost to Kennedy by 87 yards there)....but not good enough for pro-bowl. Some people just don't try very hard with their votes.

I haven't looked yet but if he is getting votes, it should be as an RB.

(02-01-2018, 06:25 PM)ItsJustBarry Wrote:I haven't looked yet but if he is getting votes, it should be as an RB.

Why?

*Twenty-One - Raven - 02-01-2018

Quote:The new record nobody talks about. Nobody knows about. Because nobody sees

@37thchamber

*Twenty-One - PDXBaller - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 01:59 PM)automatic Wrote:PDXballer and Asylumparty don’t even have Yates going into the pro bowl.

Should he be considered for RB or WR? For the record, there's no anti-Otters bias from me. I just voted based on what I personally thought and I'm sorry if it differs from what most the league thinks. I have no doubt that he'll make it to Pro Bowl based on how most of the league feels and I'm truly sorry for the trouble my voting may have caused. I understand the callout if you are passionate about your teammate and his performance. Again, I didn't mean to slight him or the Otters in any way, shape, or form.

*Twenty-One - 124715 - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 08:33 PM)PDXBaller Wrote:Should he be considered for RB or WR? For the record, there's no anti-Otters bias from me. I just voted based on what I personally thought and I'm sorry if it differs from what most the league thinks. I have no doubt that he'll make it to Pro Bowl based on how most of the league feels and I'm truly sorry for the trouble my voting may have caused. I understand the callout if you are passionate about your teammate and his performance. Again, I didn't mean to slight him or the Otters in any way, shape, or form.

PDX too nice <_< :blink: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

*Twenty-One - ItsJustBarry - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 05:50 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Why?

Because he's a RB? If positions are irrelevant, why don't we just vote the top 24 in for each conference?

(02-01-2018, 09:23 PM)ItsJustBarry Wrote:Because he's a RB?  If positions are irrelevant, why don't we just vote the top 24 in for each conference?

But he took most of his snaps at WR. Either way we have to consider one position relevant and one irrelevant. So I'm arguing the one he actually played at is the most relevant and not the one listed next to his name.

Why should Savea, Mackworthy, and Smallwood compete for a Pro Bowl spot against a guy who does something completely different than them? Something that is a lot more powerful because of how the sim works. I'd rather that he compete against wide receivers who had a chance to put up the same kind of numbers.